Proof of Vaccination from 17th May in England

Pink-belle

1 hour ago, bungle66 said:

Interesting! Can you download the NHS app on a smartphone without the need for a sim card? That might be an answer for my elderly mum who doesn't have a smart phone, only an old brick lol.

Yes, you don't need a SIM card but you do need a WiFi connection for example the one you have at home. Then when you are out and about the SIMless smartphone connects to any free WiFi

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Just to be difficult, but that's me all over........even  though I used  systemonline  for a few years,the NHS app asked me to take an ID picture, then a scan of my face. However, DH just put his NHS number in and it accepted him straight away . Luck of the draw 

It does seem a bit odd that lots of us use systemonline yet have to do different things to use the app. Neither of us had to take ID pictures and I have used systemonline for years yet Mrs YP only got access recently. Technology eh? great when it works but a right pain in the posterior when it doesn't.

20 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It does seem a bit odd that lots of us use systemonline yet have to do different things to use the app. Neither of us had to take ID pictures and I have used systemonline for years yet Mrs YP only got access recently. Technology eh? great when it works but a right pain in the posterior when it doesn't.

There was an option feature where you could choose your security login, I have so far avoided fingerprint or facial recognition, so went for password login, I wonder If that is the difference.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

There was an option feature where you could choose your security login, I have so far avoided fingerprint or facial recognition, so went for password login, I wonder If that is the difference.

You could be right John, I can't remember what I did as it is ages ago. I asked Mrs YP and she just said she followed the instructions and couldn't remember whether she had an option for facial recognition or fingerprint.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:29 PM, Windsurfboy said:

If you are worried about WiFi at terminal,  bring up page at home put phone or tablet to sleep (do not switch off just sleep mode) , when you wake it up at terminal should page is still be there.

Caveat my test was only sleeping for 10 minutes.  

As a final back up take a screenshot of the page -  the problem there is that that page does not include your name, but if you carry your little card with you as well the two dates and two batch numbers will match your screenshot

21 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

As a final back up take a screenshot of the page -  the problem there is that that page does not include your name, but if you carry your little card with you as well the two dates and two batch numbers will match your screenshot

I took a screen shot of the home page and the vaccinations page. I have the cards, I will have the letter, the emails, DW will vouch for me. I will have whatever P&O ask of me. I will get down on my knees and beg and we're only going to Calais.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

I took a screen shot of the home page and the vaccinations page. I have the cards, I will have the letter, the emails, DW will vouch for me. I will have whatever P&O ask of me. I will get down on my knees and beg and we're only going to Calais.🤣

Do you have the used syringes?🤣

4 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Have phoned 119 this morning to request vaccination status for myself and hubby easy peasy don’t know why but I was expecting it to be difficult or being on hold for hours whole thing took less than 3 mins.

what options did you try to get to the correct place - I couldn't work out anything sensible, I seemed to be stuck in them wanting to give me a test. 

43 minutes ago, terry2 said:

what options did you try to get to the correct place - I couldn't work out anything sensible, I seemed to be stuck in them wanting to give me a test. 

It is options 1,2,3,1,1

You can only get a letter if you are traveling in the next 4 weeks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

It is options 1,2,3,1,1

You can only get a letter if you are traveling in the next 4 weeks.

Many thanks -  I had to end up asking them to send me a text - then them noticing that I was on a landline and asking me to hang on to speak to someone. 

The NHS app has updated again, and there is now a Vaccinate Status page with a QR code if you are vaccinated.  It also gives you the option to download a letter confirming status in PDF format, with the same QR code included on the letter.  The letter is only valid for 35 days however, not sure if the same applies to letters requested via the 119 service.

• Like 3

Based on what I had read above hubby and I both decided to download NHS app using security password log in. Surprise surprise hubby didn't have to upload photo or scan passport etc.I had to take a photo of my passport then do a face scan which came back with the advice that my face didn't match!(It is a new passport!)Did the scan again and got a message that it would be checked but may take up to 7 days! At least we have now got the App

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Based on what I had read above hubby and I both decided to download NHS app using security password log in. Surprise surprise hubby didn't have to upload photo or scan passport etc.I had to take a photo of my passport then do a face scan which came back with the advice that my face didn't match!(It is a new passport!)Did the scan again and got a message that it would be checked but may take up to 7 days! At least we have now got the App

That was a quick 7 days.Just had an email to say I have passed their checks!

• Like 1

Having got our passports out ready to download the NHS App I noticed that my hubbys passport photo on main page is in colour whereas mine is in black and white.Although we both applied for  new passports the same evening, hubbys went to one passport office and he received the old colour passport ' mine went to a different office and I received one of the new blue passports (hubby was quite envious!!)Just wondering if all the new passports have black and white photos or if its because they had problems accepting my photo due to 'shading' issues (probably black circles, wrinkles and age spots!)

3 hours ago, Se1lad said:

The NHS app has updated again, and there is now a Vaccinate Status page with a QR code if you are vaccinated.  It also gives you the option to download a letter confirming status in PDF format, with the same QR code included on the letter.  The letter is only valid for 35 days however, not sure if the same applies to letters requested via the 119 service.

Just checked the app and the site is experiencing technical difficulties, useful to know about the 35 day limit though and downloading the pdf will be very useful

• Like 1

I had posted previously that you should ring within 30 days of travel which implied a time limit on the letter.

The best way ahead is to have the NHS app on your phone and download a pdf copy as a backup and leave the phone lines to those who don’t use smartphones.

That’s my opinion.

• Like 2

Ann141’S experience mirrors ours. Whilst not NHS app specific, has anyone any idea why my wife needed to send photo Id (oh joy, how can you take a photograph of a passport page which has a glossy surface without getting reflections in the picture!) whereas I didn’t.  I thought we had pretty identical online presences but clearly not. We had a similar experience a few months ago when trying to open a bank account; she had to take Id into the bank while my application went through online. Clearly in the past I have ticked or unticked a box that she didn’t. Any idea which box? 

The NHS app has now been updated and there is a vaccine certificate on there with QR code, name etc, together with a download option for offline for pdf etc, so all options covered now.

With only one jab so far (2nd this Friday) it shows my cover running out on 20th June

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

The NHS app has now been updated and there is a vaccine certificate on there with QR code, name etc, together with a download option for offline for pdf etc, so all options covered now.

With only one jab so far (2nd this Friday) it shows my cover running out on 20th June

I just checked mine, had my second jab yesterday and shows up on the app.

• Like 1