Proof of Vaccination from 17th May in England

Pink-belle

1 minute ago, LifeonMars said:

You both would need to register for the NHS app as you would both have different NHS numbers.

However once registered you could log in on your phone/tablet with whatever log in details you have registered.  

So you can have 2 people using the same mobile number? What about e-mail address?

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

I would say "No you can't"

Just picture it, oh my phone is not working but I did print this screen shot out"

Person checking "How do I know that is genuine sir/madam?"

If you want a backup I would suggest ringing 119 and getting the official letter. 

Yes I know the official letter could be forged but that is the way it will be.

I never used the word print out.

To use the NHS app you must be online, but if the Wi-Fi isn't working or reception  for your particular provide doesn't  work inside terminal at the terminal,  you need a back up. Surely you  must be able to download the page. 

23 minutes ago, lindyloo22 said:

My husband never uses a mobile will I be able to down load the nhs app for both of us to use or do I have to register twice.

thanks

Or just make a phone call 119 and ask for paper copies to be sent for both of you from NHS.

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

So you can have 2 people using the same mobile number? What about e-mail address?

We use the same e-mail address and mobile number and both use the NHS app and systemonline.

31 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We use the same e-mail address and mobile number and both use the NHS app and systemonline.

I can get my email on any smartphone/computer, via a web browser. I often give my wife's mobile number when we are traveling somewhere as I am often driving and don't want calls. I switch mine off and Bluetooth her phone to the car. We have different numbers. My emails normally go to my phone, but I don't want to see hers.🤔

3 hours ago, suekay said:

I registered on the NHS app and didn't have to upload anything. The app seems to be working though and I can see my immunisation record

Can I suggest you take your email address off your signature on here if you don't want to be spammed!

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Can I suggest you take your email address off your signature on here if you don't want to be spammed!

I'd totally forgotten it was on. I put it on years ago when I first joined Cruisecritic and can't say I've had much spam over the years, but that's not to say I wouldn't in future, so I'll follow your suggestion and take it off. The only times I've had anybody use it was when there were very few Brits on the site and they wanted to know which US TA I used.

I would if I could, but I can't. Find my email address that is. The format has completely changed since I last viewed it

Edited by suekay
To add more info

Sue you have to go into your profile and then change the "Signature"  I only suggested it as I have suddenly been bombarded with disgusting spam in my Gmail account.  I did not mean you would be spammed from people on here.

12 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes I made this point last year when people were merrily putting Carnival employees’ email addresses on here without their permission. I was repeatedly told there wasn’t a problem. 

Glad to see the penny’s dropped!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Sue you have to go into your profile and then change the "Signature"  I only suggested it as I have suddenly been bombarded with disgusting spam in my Gmail account.  I did not mean you would be spammed from people on here.

Sorry, I must be particularly stupid, but I stll can't find my signature/email address in my profile, even when I click on the "edit my prifile" button

38 minutes ago, suekay said:

Sorry, I must be particularly stupid, but I stll can't find my signature/email address in my profile, even when I click on the "edit my prifile" button

Select your account top right of screen, select account settings

then when page loads, look at left hand side of page and select signature

then delete what you have typed in the signature box and save.

then hopefully what you have showed under the Quote and like buttons will have been deleted.

Edited by LifeonMars

15 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

Select your account top right of screen, select account settings

then when page loads, look at left hand side of page and select signature

then delete what you have typed in the signature box and save.

then hopefully what you have showed under the Quote and like buttons will have been deleted.

Just to add scroll to the top of the page first.

I see that the uk.gov page has been updated to state that you must wait until at least 5 working days after you have had your second dose of vaccine before phoning.

Also as the call handler will not have access to your address held with your GP, make sure this is correct with your GP before phoning.

Edited by jaydee6969
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

The government website on this subject Link 

Interesting. One issue on which I find myself unsure however, and to which the government site does not appear to give a definitave answer, is:

Is the vaccination information stored within the app, or is it accessed from NHS records by the app on each occasion it is required? This is an important practical issue. If it is held within the app it can be accessed anywhere at any time. If it is not it needs both an available internet connection and access to the NHS server, neither of which can be absolutely guaranteed. You could find yourself at a foriegn airport unable to prove your vaccination status because you had no means of getting online or the NHS server was down. Not a very satisfactory situation.

Does anyone know the answer?

19 minutes ago, Denarius said:

Interesting. One issue on which I find myself unsure however, and to which the government site does not appear to give a definitave answer, is:

Is the vaccination information stored within the app, or is it accessed from NHS records by the app on each occasion it is required? This is an important practical issue. If it is held within the app it can be accessed anywhere at any time. If it is not it needs both an available internet connection and access to the NHS server, neither of which can be absolutely guaranteed. You could find yourself at a foriegn airport unable to prove your vaccination status because you had no means of getting online or the NHS server was down. Not a very satisfactory situation.

Does anyone know the answer?

No idea of an answer, however I just put my phone into flight mode and tried to load the app.

Error message!  Basically the app must be on an internet connection of some sort to work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

No idea of an answer, however I just put my phone into flight mode and tried to load the app.

Error message!  Basically the app must be on an internet connection of some sort to work.

In which case you will probaby need the paper version as a backup. You would be taking a big risk in assuming that your destination airport would provide wifi and that you would be able to get online with it, or that your telephone provider would facilitate international roaming at that location. And even if you did get online, there is always the risk that the NHS server is down or oversubscribed. Does not sound fit for purpose to me.

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 1

Which is why I suggested  you download the relevant page or screenshot it for emergencies,  but was shot down

There will be an update to the NHS on the 17th (I would assume) to allow this feature and as such it is entirely possible the app would then open without internet connection. Time will tell.

As an aside the MyGP app does store the info in the app and does open without internet connection. I would not trust this app to be accepted as proof but shows how such a system may work.

I opened up the app to show my personal details, and then turned off the internet connection.

My personal details remained visible. So, assuming you open up the app and navigate to the vaccine record page,  as long as you do not shut down the app, won't the record page remain visible, regardless of having an internet connection? 

I would suggest everyone stops worrying and speculating what they will do for backups and what happens if all phones stop working etc. until 17th May when we see what the answer to all this is.

Why plan now for something that may not even be a problem in 5 days time?

• Like 1