B2B Discount

Sometimes when lines have alternating itineraries for a ship they offer the two cruises as a single itinerary.  Can be higher or lower than the two separate cruises.  

From an english cruiser point of view. RCL used to offer a 14 night package with flights from the uk to the carribean but now  they dont, esp for the bigger ships. Just seems to be lots of shorter trips from florida. When we add the flights and hotels before hand its so much cheaper to go with P &O.

14 minutes ago, jonbgd said:

when we have done B2b no discount just happy not to change cabins

i will have to look at celebrity

FYI, you will need to ask for the B2B discount when you first book the cruise with Celebrity. The amount of the B2B discount depends on the stateroom category. We have always requested and received the B2B discount plus the veterans discount with Celebrity. 

22 minutes ago, Fritz Mom said:

I am aware of that!

Clarifying as this thread is about a B2B discount not OBC. 🙄 We have received an OBC with RC and Celebrity multiple times. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I've only done a b2b out of Galveston on rcl and never was offered a discount. 

I don’t think you will be offered it, unless you are on good terms with your TA, - you would need to ask.

Like other posters we have only experienced it with Celebrity.

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I don’t think you will be offered it, unless you are on good terms with your TA, - you would need to ask.

Like other posters we have only experienced it with Celebrity.

I've asked with RC directly and with a TA and no dice. But it still never hurts to ask.

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I've asked with RC directly and with a TA and no dice. But it still never hurts to ask.

So have I. My point was I think you need to “ask” I am not sure I was “offered” it even with Celebrity.

Maybe I was - I haven’t done many B2B with Celebrity and it was a while back. With all the new pricing policies and changes at Celebrity I am not sure I would assume it was a “given” anymore. 

Edited by c-leg5

Just now, c-leg5 said:

So have I. My point was I think you need to “ask” I am not sure I was “offered” it with Celebrity.

Maybe I was - I haven’t done many B2B with Celebrity and it was a while back. With all the new pricing policies and changes at Celebrity I am not sure I would assume it was a “given” anymore. 

Got your point and agree with RC and Celebrity you do need to ask for the B2B discount. I'm not and never have assumed when it comes to getting any discounts no matter the cruise line.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

FYI, you will need to ask for the B2B discount when you first book the cruise with Celebrity. The amount of the B2B discount depends on the stateroom category. We have always requested and received the B2B discount plus the veterans discount with Celebrity. 

Thanks been awhile since cruising on Celebrity but may have to start looking at them again

Especially if they combine with Vet discount

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

No discounts from RC but I once weirdly received an option to book b2b with half-price deposits (via call centre). I took the option 😁

Hello,

I've booked B2B on board and paid only one deposit. However the sales guy said that he would apply the deposit 50/50 to the two cruises as RCI's (crap) IT systems sometimes saw a booking with no deposit and automatically cancelled it!

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 1:34 PM, firefly333 said:

No, do any cruise lines? I've never heard of such a discount. 

Yes Celebrity does.  Azamara gives OBC on both cruises.  Not sure about other lines.  But it’s always good to ask!

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Provided both legs are over 7 nights, P&O offer a discount on consecutive cruises automatically. So automatically in fact that if you change or move/cancel one of the legs the system will reprice the remainder.

Regards,

Cublet