Explore again sail well

uktog

1 hour ago, govanguy said:

Guess what?  

NHS Scotland are aware some people are experiencing issues viewing their vaccination status online, and are working to resolve this. Please try again tomorrow.

Please do not phone the helpline as they will be unable to provide you with further information

Oh no 🤦‍♀️ 

8 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

For those of us not from the US can you elaborate, please.

Sorry.  Nine members of MLB’s New York Yankees who are vaccinated have tested positive for Covid with “breakthrough” infections.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/18/new-york-yankees-breakthrough-covid-cases-in-vaccinated-team-members.html

Regarding the baseball team- For me what is pertinent as a traveler is that even fully vaccinated we could spread it to others. I would hate to spread it to someone in a country with a lower rate of vaccination.  

• Like 2

This is the advice that’s been given by the NHS in the U.K. regarding vaccination, one of the reasons there is so much caution regarding opening up foreign travel.

How effective is the COVID-19 vaccine?

The 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine should give you good protection from COVID-19 from 3 or 4 weeks after you've had it.

But you need to have the 2 doses of the vaccine to give you longer lasting protection.

There is a chance you might still get or spread COVID-19 even if you have the vaccine.

This means it is important to:

• continue to follow social distancing guidance
  • if you can, wear something that covers your nose and mouth in places where it's hard to stay away from other people
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, marinaro44 said:

Nine members of the Yankee team and staff tested positive after being "fully" vaccinated.

My understanding is that 2 Yankees have mild symptoms & the other 7 infected have no symptoms at all.  The Vaccine is doing its job in stopping serious health issues which is what it is designed to do.  We will have to live with Covid for years  so we just need to get on with life.  I respect the need to protect the Greek population but I expect that the vulnerable elements  will be fully vaccinated by October.

• Like 3

Most likely the surge to get away within the next 21 days?😉

"You should only get your coronavirus vaccination status if you are travelling in the next 21 days. "

Edited by govanguy
Missed quote

5 hours ago, laser2000 said:

My understanding is that 2 Yankees have mild symptoms & the other 7 infected have no symptoms at all.  The Vaccine is doing its job in stopping serious health issues which is what it is designed to do.  We will have to live with Covid for years  so we just need to get on with life.  I respect the need to protect the Greek population but I expect that the vulnerable elements  will be fully vaccinated by October.

Did any of the nine infect any of the others?  Did any infect anyone outside the team who were not vaccinated?

Just now, marinaro44 said:

Did any of the nine infect any of the others?  Did any infect anyone outside the team who were not vaccinated?

Since so many people 'hate' the Yankees, they probably don't mix with people outside the team.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's fun reading back only 10 days regarding cruising concerns and restrictions, that have already been lifted. We are a LONG way from October! It's like politics, 10 days is a lifetime, 5 months is unimaginable. The reality of May 24 is that covid cases in the US are plummeting, all of us will be required to be fully vaccinated by the time we board, many of the restrictions from 2 months ago are now moot, Europe is opening up to fully vaccinated vacationers. My only question is in October, will we be required to take a covid antigen test before leaving the US? My money is on no. But stay tuned. June 1st is just around the corner. Oh, gskimmel, see you on board!

On 5/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, gskimmel said:

I also interpreted this as the buffet operating like it does during the first few days of a voyage: I point and a crew member puts on a plate for me. 

Yes.  Just instead of just the first few days, the entire sailing.

• Like 1