Dress Code

stamford57

We are mostly Royal Caribbean cruisers and my husband has always worn smart dress shorts to dinner in the MDR apart from obviously on formal night. We’re hoping this will also be ok in the 10 night Caribbean we have just booked on Enchanted? 🤞🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, memoak said:

I have seen men turned away in the MDR for wearing shorts but not on every ship. Be sure and bring long pants or jeans

Thank you for the advice, good to know just incase!

I have been on 8-10 Royal Caribbean cruises and nearly every dinner was in the MDR.  While your husband may have worn “smart” shorts for dinner, they are not appreciated by many guests and not encouraged by cruise line dress guidance. Shorts are only acceptable at breakfast and lunch.

Paula

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RonPaula said:

I have been on 8-10 Royal Caribbean cruises and nearly every dinner was in the MDR.  While your husband may have worn “smart” shorts for dinner, they are not appreciated by many guests and not encouraged by cruise line dress guidance. Shorts are only acceptable at breakfast and lunch.

Paula

Thanks Paula 😀 apologies if my husbands previous MDR dress code may have offended you if we shared a cruise. Are you joining us on 28th January 2023? 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, stamford57 said:

Smart chino shorts, but yea shirts are shorts 😂😂

Sorry, but my husband is a Brit and he still thinks shorts are for the golf course and the beach.  I think he’s just confused about the term “smart” referring to shorts.  He’s just old school, so I don’t pay too much mind.  I don’t care what anybody wears, as long as it’s clean.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Sorry, but my husband is a Brit and he still thinks shorts are for the golf course and the beach.  I think he’s just confused about the term “smart” referring to shorts.  He’s just old school, so I don’t pay too much mind.  I don’t care what anybody wears, as long as it’s clean.  Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks Lady Arwen 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stamford57 said:

Post Covid dress code discussions 😂😂

Nothing has changed:

https://www.princess.com/come-back-new/top-ten-faq/

What Should I Wear?

Casual sportswear, including shorts, lightweight pants and jogging suits, is the order of the day both at sea and ashore in hotter climates. We recommend you bring a sweater, a jacket or an all-weather coat for cool evenings, and for shore excursions, depending on your destination. You'll also want comfortable shoes for strolling on deck.

For evening dining, keep with what you would wear to a nice restaurant at home: skirts/dresses, slacks, and sweaters for ladies, pants and open-neck shirts for men. Cruises five days or longer include at least one formal dining night: evening gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies and tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits for men.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm my last Caribbean cruise just before the shutdown the adult male that dined with us was refused entry into the MDR twice for wearing shorts.  His wife let him go to the buffet and she ate with us.  

• Like 3

Not the least bit offended.  I wanted to make clear to Princess cruisers that  dining in the MDR on RCI is not a free for all. We have always followed the suggested dress guidelines from when our children were small through our most recent cruise in February 2020. How people dress helps contribute to the overall vibe in a venue. Just as white tablecloths, formal place settings and the wait staff in uniforms help define the atmosphere.  And no, we aren’t cruising with you in January 2023. We’re doing a Panama Canal in February 2023. Hopefully no new COVID-like illness to deal with.

Paula

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, franktown said:

I'm my last Caribbean cruise just before the shutdown the adult male that dined with us was refused entry into the MDR twice for wearing shorts.  His wife let him go to the buffet and she ate with us.  

Good for Princess & especially good for his wife!

DON

• Like 3

Bottom line, you most likely will be turned away in the evening at the DR if wearing shorts.

Smart Casual
Guest attire should be in keeping with what they would wear to a nice restaurant at home.

• Skirts/dresses, trousers, blouses, and sweaters for women
  • Pants and collared shirts for men

Pool or beach attire, shorts, ball caps and casual jeans (with fraying and/or holes) are not welcomed in the dining rooms. Shoes must be worn.

• Like 1

I'm sure Princess will soon announce that vaccinated passengers may wear shorts in the dining room.  In keeping with future predictions,  here are the winning numbers for tomorrow's Jumbo Bucks lottery game...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3