Iona naming ceremony

Jennizor

29 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

5200 max passengers so lets say 5000. 

16,000 divided by 5,000 equals 3.2.

My maths was based on two people in each household watching (as I wrote) therefore 32,,000 people in total, so at 5000 per cruise, that equates to 6 weeks or thereabouts.

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

My maths was based on two people in each household watching (as I wrote) therefore 32,,000 people in total, so at 5000 per cruise, that equates to 6 weeks or thereabouts.

I see. 👍

45 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

I see P&O have released a short 'REAL' video from inside the Skydome.  As someone mentioned, probably a slow release of on board footage to amp up towards the maiden.

https://fb.watch/5DcaUqHLVE/

It is short. i see they have chairs rather than loungers around the pool. i wonder if that is to do with it also being used for entertainment. It looks lovely though.

• Like 3

That was a brief look at the Sky Dome.

Is it me or is that place going to be loud during the day - and more so at night. I don't mean music, just general noise from everyone being in there..

BTW, loving the Spaceship Earth sculpture. Might need to put something near it saying "don't touch" as its bound to be something people are drawn to.

1 hour ago, emam said:

It is short. i see they have chairs rather than loungers around the pool. i wonder if that is to do with it also being used for entertainment. It looks lovely though.

The chairs did have footstools in front of them. I would imagine these being taken away at night to make room for more chairs when the entertainment starts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jaydee6969 said:

The chairs did have footstools in front of them. I would imagine these being taken away at night to make room for more chairs when the entertainment starts.

Just a thought but they may not set it out with lots of chairs. It may be very informal style with people standing and/or walking around...

On 5/19/2021 at 10:25 PM, wowzz said:

To be fair, every cruise line, with the exception of MSC,  have adopted the same policy with regards to adult vaccinations, so I don't think you can criticise P&O on that score.

Fred not asking for vaccinations, though his details do say if they become a requirement anyone not vaccinated can have a refund/change of cruise.

He has only recently said excursions only, citing them as now being required for cruises this summer, so not his rules alone by the sounds of it.

A shot of Iona today taken from the Isle of Wight Ferry. Somewhat dwarfs the terminal building and the freight ferry! Incredibly windy down here today with gusts up to 89mph. Amazingly the ferry was extremely stable and barely moved. Currently sitting in the holiday cottage on the front in Cowes watching the waves crashing over the promenade. I notice from ship tracking that a lot of cruise ships are going up and down the English Channel. Wouldn’t like to be on one at present!

ED5DFADF-DD59-471C-8D2E-50E044941979.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

A shot of Iona today taken from the Isle of Wight Ferry. Somewhat dwarfs the terminal building and the freight ferry! Incredibly windy down here today with gusts up to 89mph. Amazingly the ferry was extremely stable and barely moved. Currently sitting in the holiday cottage on the front in Cowes watching the waves crashing over the promenade. I notice from ship tracking that a lot of cruise ships are going up and down the English Channel. Wouldn’t like to be on one at present!

Have a great time 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Blimey, that puts it into perspective...

Have a great stay on the Island - I really like it over there. Yarmouth is lovely - nice old church, some pleasant little independent shops/galleries and a lovely café at the entrance to the little pier with parking in front of it. Bembridge is nice too but quite small. The Crab & Lobster pub on the outskirts of Bembridge is a nice lunch spot. Both villages are pretty flat too!  Culver Down near Bembridge is a great viewpoint looking out over the sea and across to the mainland South Coast. There's also a pub there, although don't know what it's like. Enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Have a great time on the Isle of Wight. My late parents in law used to live near Yarmouth which is lovely and some friends who we met on a cruise live in Bembridge which is lovely

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

The Crab & Lobster pub on the outskirts of Bembridge is a nice lunch spot. 

Another shout for the Crab & Lobster.

We had a lovely lunch outside, effectively on a cliff top overlooking the sea. 

Michelle had the crab, guess what I had? 

Pie I think, it definitely wasn't lobster.... 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Enjoy your holiday.

Just to be awkward, we actually enjoyed it - mainly because it was just good news to see a new ship, signalling the start of cruising again and things getting back to some sort of normality. (Perhaps / maybe). I am guessing that it was long enough as it looked absolutely freezing cold and they all looked like they would end up with hypothermia if they were outside much longer !

I think the choice of godmother was touching, but didn't understand the use of the cider at all.

Re the lack of a blessing - totally agree with Avril. Sadly this is the world we seem to live in......... everybody is afraid of offending someone. 

Anyway, off to fill in that survey for them now. I hadn't even noticed that we'd had one !

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just to be awkward, we actually enjoyed it - mainly because it was just good news to see a new ship, signalling the start of cruising again and things getting back to some sort of normality. (Perhaps / maybe). I am guessing that it was long enough as it looked absolutely freezing cold and they all looked like they would end up with hypothermia if they were outside much longer !

I think the choice of godmother was touching, but didn't understand the use of the cider at all.

Re the lack of a blessing - totally agree with Avril. Sadly this is the world we seem to live in......... everybody is afraid of offending someone. 

Anyway, off to fill in that survey for them now. I hadn't even noticed that we'd had one !

Same here, we thought it was OK given the circumstances. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1