Mardi Gras Cruisers

People who have a Mardi Gras cruise booked, when are you sailing and what are you looking forward to the most?

My husband and I are sailing (hopefully) on August 21st.  We are looking forward to exploring a new ship, eating at new restaurants, and new entertainment.

• Like 5

Thanksgiving 2021 (November 20th)

Honestly, I'm just excited to cruise again, I haven't really focused on one thing in particular.  Ready to try 'Big Chicken' and maybe to first coaster at sea.  A new look atrium will be cool.  But still, I personally can't think of what I'm looking forward to the most, other than stepping foot on a cruise ship.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mouche said:

I am sailing Mardi Gras in Oct 2022 and I am looking forward to not worrying about restrictions and not wearing a mask. At this point, that would be a win win. 😁

Yes!  A cruise with no restrictions or masks would be awesome!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rollin Tide said:

Honestly, I'm just excited to cruise again, I haven't really focused on one thing in particular.  Ready to try 'Big Chicken' and maybe to first coaster at sea.  A new look atrium will be cool.  But still, I personally can't think of what I'm looking forward to the most, other than stepping foot on a cruise ship.

I forgot about the coaster.  I am sure that will get a lot of use!

3 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

More than anything, to explore the ship. It will be the biggest ship we've ever been on, and especially compared to the Fantasy Class ships.

179 days out. November 20, 2021

Right there with ya Shipmate

• Like 3

Just now, dgreeney said:

cruising on 10/1/22.  Looking forward to cruising on a huge ship.  I travel solo so my GF insists I wear a bracelet with my name and cabin number on it, just in case.

I like putting something on my cabin door.  It doesn't have to be big, but just something to make it easy to find after a late night.

1 hour ago, Rollin Tide said:

I'm thinking big chicken is going to be a hit. Can't tell you how many times I've been at a burger joint and seen/heard someone complaining about not having a chicken option. Some religions don't even eat beef. It should help the lines at Guy's burger as well. I thought the chicken sandwich hoopla was a passing fad, I was wrong. I also had a Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich and can now appreciate all the fuss. Big Chicken is going to be a big deal for a while and I'm also looking forward to trying it out on Radiance next year. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I'm thinking big chicken is going to be a hit. Can't tell you how many times I've been at a burger joint and seen/heard someone complaining about not having a chicken option. Some religions don't even eat beef. It should help the lines at Guy's burger as well. I thought the chicken sandwich hoopla was a passing fad, I was wrong. I also had a Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich and can now appreciate all the fuss. Big Chicken is going to be a big deal for a while and I'm also looking forward to trying it out on Radiance next year. 

I agree.  I prefer chicken over beef.  My husband is a fan of Guy's, but I will definitely choose a chicken option.

Looking to pull the trigger this week, also for October 2022. Super excited!! It'll be our 10 year anniversary and first trip with no kids! Last decision we need to make is our room selection (havana vs balcony....we've only ever done oceanview's and looking to upgrade for the occasion) but we are both ready. Every day I get a new thought about the ship so I'm constantly researching which is getting me very excited! It's all I talk about...you would think we're sailing next week lol

• Like 4

Booked for first week of December 2021 (has been rescheduled a few times)

When I booked Mardi Gras it was for the ship, but at this point I would sail any ship and love it🥰

Looking forward to all the new venues and areas and considering this ship as the destination

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We are booked on a B2B 4/23 & 4/30 2022. Hopefully cruising will be back to "normal" by then! 😎

A B2B on the Mardi Gras.  That will be a lot of fun!  2022 should be a good bet for an unrestricted cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

September  4, 2021. Emeril's Bistro. Probably no turtle soup but there's plenty of other things on the menu.

I had to look this up to see what they will serve.  It looks like they will even have breakfast items.

"...fried oysters, BBQ shrimp, duck & sausage gumbo, po-boys, muffaletta sandwiches, fresh ceviche, jambalaya and more. We’re serving up Emeril’s faves all day… and because flavors this big don’t just sleep in, we do it for breakfast too with choices like shrimp and grits, breakfast po-boys and bananas foster crepes! Raw bar, incredible desserts and Crescent City atmosphere round out the experience."

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/emerils-bistro-1396

• Like 2