Mardi Gras Cruisers

I get on November 27, 2021.  I'll be with my buddy for his first cruise.  I'm looking forward to introducing him to all the Carnival fun.  Most of all I just want to sit in the sun with a drink and have covid debates and political arguments 100s of miles away.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, naxer said:

I get on November 27, 2021.  I'll be with my buddy for his first cruise.  I'm looking forward to introducing him to all the Carnival fun.  Most of all I just want to sit in the sun with a drink and have covid debates and political arguments 100s of miles away.  

^^^^^^^This!!!  Well put! 👍    🍹

• Like 3

We had an August 28th MG cruise that we cancelled because I would prefer they follow the vaccine guidelines that RCL and NCL have adopted.

We still have an April MG cruise booked so hopefully all of this will be settled by then

We are sailing with RCL in October and January…

2 hours ago, naxer said:

Be sure to put your mask on between sips.   😷      😉    First when I read your post I thought you wanted to "have covid debates and political arguments with your buddy, 100's of miles away from shore."   😁

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Be sure to put your mask on between sips.   😷      😉    First when I read your post I thought you wanted to "have covid debates and political arguments with your buddy, 100's of miles away from shore."   😁

That's what I thought too! LOL

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We are booked on a B2B 4/23 & 4/30 2022. Hopefully cruising will be back to "normal" by then! 😎

We're booked on a B2B the two weeks before you - 4/9 & 4/16. Can't wait to explore a new ship!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

We had an August 28th MG cruise that we cancelled because I would prefer they follow the vaccine guidelines that RCL and NCL have adopted.

We still have an April MG cruise booked so hopefully all of this will be settled by then

Why not wait for carnival to post their vsccine policies? Most likely mg would have been cancelled in august but who knows. .. it just reads odd you cancelled because you prefer they follow the vaccine guidelines that ncl and rcl follow.

Looks like rcl is starting mock cruises out of Port Canaveral so they can have more than 5% unvaxxed pax onboard .. which could be the exact same as carnival. I do wish carnival would provide their policy already, but it wouldnt surprise me if it's the exact same as rcl. Imo rcl wouldnt be announcing mock cruises if they intended to keep vaccinated pax under 5%. Its also a family  cruise line.

https://www.miamiherald.com/article251674538.html

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

RCL policy was updated and the vaccination requirement is only for Nassau and Alaska.

• Like 3

January 8, 2022.

I booked for the itinerary and generally the ship isn't a very important factor in my decision.  As long as they have trivia games and the games like giant Jenga and giant Yahtzee and Dive-In Movies then I'll be happy.

The new thing I'm most looking forward to is Big Chicken.  Fried chicken is one of my favorite food groups.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LoungingMcCoy said:

January 8, 2022.

I booked for the itinerary and generally the ship isn't a very important factor in my decision.  As long as they have trivia games and the games like giant Jenga and giant Yahtzee and Dive-In Movies then I'll be happy.

The new thing I'm most looking forward to is Big Chicken.  Fried chicken is one of my favorite food groups.

I will be trying that fried chicken out as well.  I haven't had fried chicken in almost 20 years.

• Like 1

B2B on 9/18/21 & 9/25.  Another booked for 3/26/21.  All Ocean Suites on Elite cruises.  Most looking forward to exploring the ship as Carnival inches closer to RCL ships.  Also, we are on home stretch to becoming Diamond level, just a few more to go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SunDevil77 said:

B2B on 9/18/21 & 9/25.  Another booked for 3/26/21.  All Ocean Suites on Elite cruises.  Most looking forward to exploring the ship as Carnival inches closer to RCL ships.  Also, we are on home stretch to becoming Diamond level, just a few more to go.

I am so jealous of everyone who is booked B2B on this ship. What a fun time!  Congrats on getting close to diamond.   If my August cruise sails, we will reach platinum .

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dgreeney said:

I travel solo so my GF insists I wear a bracelet with my name and cabin number on it, just in case.

18 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I like putting something on my cabin door.  It doesn't have to be big, but just something to make it easy to find after a late night.

Two cruisers that like to imbibe. 👍👏

• Haha 1

We’re not sailing until 1/13/2023 but it will be mummy twins first cruise and I’m most excited about seeing their excitement. As far as the ship itself, I’m just so excited about the new concept and all the new dining features and just being on the newest and biggest ship!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Two cruisers that like to imbibe. 👍👏

My deal is that I never drink during the year, so if I have two drinks on a ship while watching a show it is all it takes. LOL.  That's why we have never purchased Cheers.  We have the free Cheers promo for our Mardi Gras cruise because it was only $140 more than booking without it.  What happens on this cruise, stays on this cruise.

One of my fondest memories is watching a late comedy show, having a few drinks, and stumbling to the other side of the ship for pizza.  Fun times.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

If Carnival is cruising then, they will have to be at 95% vaccinated.   If they decide to go the test route, it certainly would not be by August 28.  

RCI could though since they got CDC approval for a test cruise in June.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Looks like rcl is starting mock cruises out of Port Canaveral so they can have more than 5% unvaxxed pax onboard .. which could be the exact same as carnival. I do wish carnival would provide their policy already, but it wouldnt surprise me if it's the exact same as rcl. Imo rcl wouldnt be announcing mock cruises if they intended to keep vaccinated pax under 5%. Its also a family  cruise line.

https://www.miamiherald.com/article251674538.html

Looks like I won our mock bet.  They would be stupid to leave the money on the table with some of their perspective fleets in order to cater to the kids who are not vaccinated and possibly the adults who refused the jab.