Mardi Gras Cruisers

6 hours ago, phoneman69 said:

May 2022 balcony cabin. Never been on a ship this size exploring and learning the layout should be interesting. As often as the sailings on this ship have been postponed it might still have that NEW SHIP smell when we board. Can't wait but have a Horizon sailing as a warmup first.

Then again, as often as the maiden voyage has been delayed, when and if it ever goes it might have the old ship smell and a rusted hull!!

Gonna be the oldest new ship in maritime history!!

• Haha 3

Now Oct 29 2022...it was this year but decided to change until next year and see if rules and regulations are not so...that more like a normal cruise!  Really looking forward to this ship this is only our 3rd date we have had for this....so pray 3rd time is a charm!

• Like 2

I'm booked on Oct16, not sure if it will get cancelled or not since it's not showing on the website anymore. 

I was originally booked on one of the original repositioning cruises, I think it was the 4th cruise after it was supposed to be completed. It was probably the best itinerary that I've ever seen. 15 nights, NYC to the Southern Caribbean then ending at PC. We would have been onboard as it rode into PC for the first time. It had a bunch of stops in the South that I've never been to, and several of our favorites as well. It's a little hard to get from Vancouver to Florida, not many direct options, so the NYC departure was great. We had lie-flat business class seats booked with points on an Air Canada Dreamliner. And we would have hit Platinum onboard. We were looking forward to exploring NY, since we've only spent 48 hours there in our lifetimes. 

Very disappointing when that was cancelled. 

Hopefully we can get on it this year. 

Edited by djb78
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, djb78 said:

I'm booked on Oct16, not sure if it will get cancelled or not since it's not showing on the website anymore. 

I was originally booked on one of the original repositioning cruises, I think it was the 4th cruise after it was supposed to be completed. It was probably the best itinerary that I've ever seen. 15 nights, NYC to the Southern Caribbean then ending at PC. We would have been onboard as it rode into PC for the first time. It had a bunch of stops in the South that I've never been to, and several of our favorites as well. It's a little hard to get from Vancouver to Florida, not many direct options, so the NYC departure was great. We had lie-flat business class seats booked with points on an Air Canada Dreamliner. And we would have hit Platinum onboard. We were looking forward to exploring NY, since we've only spent 48 hours there in our lifetimes. 

Just to throw another unique cruise option out there for you.  A few weeks ago, bookings opened up for the new NCL Prima.  It is a new class of ship that will have multiple identical siblings coming out each year.  The first one debuts next August in Europe and will be going all over the place.   After it's transatlantic crossing and week of marketing in NYC, it will have two unique sailings that may interest you.  An 11 day NYC to Galveston,  immediately followed by an 11 day Galveston to Miami.  Both sailings will have 5 sea days and 5 port stops of Cozumel, Aruba, Bonaire,  Curacao and Great Stirrup Cay.  You could do the Galveston to Miami and then make it a side by side with another sailing out of Miami or Fort Lauderdale. There are many YouTube videos about the ship.  NCL is  also offering BOGO airfare if you don't do the side by side.  Happy cruising.

Edited by SNJCruisers
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, djb78 said:

Oh wow, that would have been amazing!  I am so sorry it was cancelled.   Your October cruise should be good to go since it looks like summer cruises might actually happen.

3 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I will pay off my trip and book flights once she sails.  December should be good????

Yes, yes, yes.  RCI is coming back next month, and Carnival will probably follow in August.  Why do you not think that your sailing on the jewel of Carnival 4 months later will not happen?

1 hour ago, stellarose said:

I am worried. we booked the Mardi Gras last April for winter of 21'.  its June and she is just coming to PC. so just a bit nervous. 

Quit worrying.   All your kids are healthy and vaccinated.  Your son is starting at Happy Valley and you have a great Christmas cruise to look forward to.  You should be worrying about which specialty venue to book on which night.

• Like 3

Booked for February 19, 2022

I’m looking forward to being at sea again. Hopefully things will be relatively normal and there will be an overwhelming sense of joy in the air! 

Mardi Gras specific things I’m looking forward to are the new eateries and that atrium! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

... new NCL Prima.  It is a new class of ship that will have multiple identical siblings coming out each year.  The first one debuts next August in Europe and will be going all over the place.   After it's transatlantic crossing and week of marketing in NYC, it will have two unique sailings that may interest you.  An 11 day NYC to Galveston,  immediately followed by an 11 day Galveston to Miami.  Both sailings will have 5 sea days and 5 port stops of Cozumel, Aruba, Bonaire,  Curacao and Great Stirrup Cay.  ...

A couple weeks ago that new class of ships was pointed out to me, and we went ahead and grabbed an aft wrap for Feb '23. The itinerary is not nearly as sweet as the one you mentioned (it's only a standard 7-night sailing). Really looking forward to the new Haven setup !!

Tom

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

A couple weeks ago that new class of ships was pointed out to me, and we went ahead and grabbed an aft wrap for Feb '23. The itinerary is not nearly as sweet as the one you mentioned (it's only a standard 7-night sailing). Really looking forward to the new Haven setup !!

Tom

Hey....I live (oops, used to) live outside New Haven area.  You def do not want to be there.....  Oh wait...you meant the NEW haven area on the ships....sorry.  I did think of you when I saw it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

We booked the 11 day Galveston to Miami for next year and a 14 day out of London in September of 2023 going to Dublin, Belfast, 3 stops in Norway and 3 in Iceland including an overnight in Reykjavik. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Booked for February 19, 2022

I’m looking forward to being at sea again. Hopefully things will be relatively normal and there will be an overwhelming sense of joy in the air! 

Mardi Gras specific things I’m looking forward to are the new eateries and that atrium! 

The atrium looks amazing!

10 minutes ago, stellarose said:

went to see if there were more rooms available on Christmas Mardi Gras 21'. - the sailing does not show up. at capacity?????

I wonder if they are planning to sail at reduced capacity for 2021 on all of their ships.

10 minutes ago, stellarose said:

went to see if there were more rooms available on Christmas Mardi Gras 21'. - the sailing does not show up. at capacity?????

No doubt - the question is true capacity, or reduced?

I was eyeing that sailing for 2-3 months, but could not find a cabin type we were looking for (corner, any corner!). So, heading to the mountains instead !

Tom

• Like 1

I am hoping that my August Mardi Gras cruise will be at reduced capacity. It will be nice cruising on Carnival's newest ship with no crowds.  Surely at least the summer and fall cruises won't be completely full.  They will want to be sure that nothing goes wrong.

• Like 2

I am hoping that our Oct. 2, 2021 goes. The thing I am most concerned about is that our granddaughter, her fiance and baby will have to cancel due to the age (10 month), of the baby. Their cruise is paid for, as well as air, hotel and shuttle to and from the port. I am in regular conversations with my TA, so far nothing has been confirmed. Keeping fingers crossed!

• Like 1