What is going on with Princess?

lovey1103

When this proposal first came out, Transportation Canada released a statement that regardless, the travel band on a Canadian ports will remain in effect until February 2022. Canada is locking down more, not less. I wouldn’t plan any cruises to/from or through Canada until 2022. But then, I have had 8 cruises cancelled so far, so much for my advise!

12 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

How will Princess handle the Hawaii Safe Travel Program where everyone entering the state has to have  a negative Covid - 19 test 72 hours prior to entering the state and also some islands have testing at arrival too?  Hawaii only accepts Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a certified testing center. 

The Hawaiian Governor in a official statement about 3 weeks ago said a 100% arriving vaccinated passenger policy to replace the 72 hour PCR test is being considered, and a definitive time schedule for the roll out will be released soon

That should take care of the cruise passengers problem as long as ships sail with  100% vaccinated passengers

Edited by srpilo
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, srpilo said:

The Hawaiian Governor in a official statement about 3 weeks ago said a 100% arriving vaccinated passenger policy to replace the 72 hour PCR test is being considered, and a definitive time schedule for the roll out will be released soon

We were in Hawaii last month on a family vacation and we were told by a Hawaii Health Dept Official that the change was in the works for vaccinated visitors from the mainland.  I'm surprised that it has not taken affect yet, but I'm sure it will soon.

13 hours ago, VengefulWalnut said:

Might be Carnival. I don't recall anything about Princess calling to/from Galveston. 

I suspect scotto is tongue-in-cheek referring to a surplus of fresh arrivals to the United States who need jobs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 9:50 AM, ontheweb said:

I would think that Canada/New England would still be problematic as long as the border is still closed.

And will stay closed for a while:

The 5,525-mile border between the U.S. and Canada has been closed to non-essential travel since March 2020. But prime minister Justin Trudeau says he won’t open the borders before at least 75 percent of Canadians have had their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, Forbes reports. “We don’t want to have to close again, tighten up again because there’s another wave,” Trudeau says.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

The 5,525-mile border between the U.S. and Canada has been closed to non-essential travel since March 2020. But prime minister Justin Trudeau says he won’t open the borders before at least 75 percent of Canadians have had their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, Forbes reports. “We don’t want to have to close again, tighten up again because there’s another wave,” Trudeau says.

Very sad this.  I thought once his "buddy" left office, he'd be more amenable to the re-open but seems dug in.  Apparently talks are going on, but honestly this is just dragging on forever and I am thinking he will stall it off until after unofficial end of summer (Labor Day weekend).  IDK whether it is rumor or wishful thinking, but might open earlier for vaccinated folks.  That certainly makes sense and could be the case today if there was the political will.  Meanwhile, the feds in Canada are more intent on fining travelers and forcing them into dangerous hotel situations instead of letting them go home to quarantine.  We have, I think, the longest forced quarantine in the world - even if you present with negative tests or are fully vaccinated.  All the while, they tell us they are "following the science".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, caribill said:

Well our PM & his Minister have flown to the UK for the G-7. Let’s see what hotel they stay in upon their return?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, dog said:

Well our PM & his Minister have flown to the UK for the G-7. Let’s see what hotel they stay in upon their return?

More likely be do as I say, but not as I do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

Or perhaps they should make him stay in the official residence for two weeks.  That would be punishment for sure.  (An inside joke folks for Canucks only).  😉

4 hours ago, dog said:

IMHO- Regardless of the country, Government Officials feel that they are better than the commoners which they represent and work for. They are actually our employees... you would never know it.

10 hours ago, dog said:

If by chance he followed his own rules and did stay in a hotel to quarantine the Canadian taxpayer would have to pay.

7 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

If by chance he followed his own rules and did stay in a hotel to quarantine the Canadian taxpayer would have to pay.

Don’t you think they’d be ruled exempt from quarantine as providers of essential services?

5 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Don’t you think they’d be ruled exempt from quarantine as providers of essential services?

Now that is worth a chuckle if you are suggesting Trudeau is an essential service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

But it would be cheaper than Rideau Hall costs and a big savings on food considering the crap they give out compared to how he must eat at home.  LOL.

30 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

24 minutes ago, Pstcrik said:

Now that is worth a chuckle if you are suggesting Trudeau is an essential service.

Good one!!!  Well done!!!

On 6/4/2021 at 7:21 PM, Steelers36 said:

Very sad this.  I thought once his "buddy" left office, he'd be more amenable to the re-open but seems dug in.  Apparently talks are going on, but honestly this is just dragging on forever and I am thinking he will stall it off until after unofficial end of summer (Labor Day weekend).  IDK whether it is rumor or wishful thinking, but might open earlier for vaccinated folks.  That certainly makes sense and could be the case today if there was the political will.  Meanwhile, the feds in Canada are more intent on fining travelers and forcing them into dangerous hotel situations instead of letting them go home to quarantine.  We have, I think, the longest forced quarantine in the world - even if you present with negative tests or are fully vaccinated.  All the while, they tell us they are "following the science".

I think the whole point of fining travellers in Canada is to discourage travel as travel is the chief way the variants spread from country to country.  It has certainly discouraged us.

1 hour ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

I think the whole point of fining travellers in Canada is to discourage travel as travel is the chief way the variants spread from country to country.  It has certainly discouraged us.

We've got plenty of domestic spread within our borders.  It was safer last Winter to be in Florida (we were there for two months) than at home.  Yes, there is discouragement, but also punishment for no logical reason.  Anyway, best to leave it there as I am getting off-topic.

Edited by Steelers36