NCL cancellations

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

At least they are being up front .

Still no announcement about the cruise ban ,it’s 3 weeks from today it runs out.

Yep I’m waiting waiting waiting...

seems the last cruise ban update was around 2nd March, so it may be next week before we hear anything. 
I’m thinking my Kimberley cruise in August has about 10% chance of going.

9 hours ago, RosieCanberra said:

NCL have announced a range of further cancellations, including Norwegian Spirit cruises up to 28 January 2022. Spirit was meant to be in OZ/NZ from December 2021 to April 2022. 

Thanks Rosie, so I presume then Norweigan Spirit will not be here at all for the cruise season Dec 2021 to April 2022?  Many if not all cruiselines will be the same, 'no appearance your worship.'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

At least they are being up front .

Still no announcement about the cruise ban ,it’s 3 weeks from today it runs out.

Even if they do extend the ban it will probably only be for another three months, to September, which still leaves the 21/22 season up in the air. However if they don't make a decision about that soon it will be too late to get the ships ready.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Rosie, so I presume then Norweigan Spirit will not be here at all for the cruise season Dec 2021 to April 2022?  Many if not all cruiselines will be the same, 'no appearance your worship.'

Yes, I imagine so Uncle Les. I can't see any large ships here while our international border is closed. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the info Rosie, I would suggest this is the first of many. Someone has to start making executive decisions. If the PM cant find it in himself to actually make the call then someone else should.

I'm rather ambivalent about our PM but at least decisions are being made. The decision was made before this cruise season started that our ports would be closed to cruise ships until the end of February 2022. Good or bad at least everyone knows where they stand.

• Like 1

But your cruise season is six months ahead of ours so naturally the decision would be made earlier.

I fear this latest Melbourne outbreak will be the last straw for our cruise season though, but it may depend on how the vaccinations ramp up over the next few weeks. I don't think we're getting sufficient supplies of Pfizer though, so that may affect the vaccination rate.

18 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

. The decision was made before this cruise season started that our ports would be closed to cruise ships until the end of February 2022. Good or bad at least everyone knows where they stand.

Unfortunately it is not that clear here as the legislation (The Biosecurity (Human Biosecurity Emergency) (Human Coronavirus with Pandemic Potential) Declaration 2020 was made under section 475 of the Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth)) only allows by the Federal Government ban to be extended by up to 3 months at a time. It sure is a pain but they probably never thought they would need to declare... 

• Like 3

I know it is an ever moving target but it is quite plain to see that this government will not allow this summer's cruise season to occur. they should say so so that everyone, especially the cruiselines,  the supply agents, the TAs and cruisers know where they stand.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I know it is an ever moving target but it is quite plain to see that this government will not allow this summer's cruise season to occur. they should say so so that everyone, especially the cruiselines,  the supply agents, the TAs and cruisers know where they stand.

Agree, why don't they set a date, like 1 July 2022.

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Agree, why don't they set a date, like 1 July 2022.

Because there is still a lot of negotiation going on. Plus I expect the government is holding back to see what happens with the vaccinations. We must be ckming to a crunch point soon though. I believe it takes about three months to get the ships up and running fully again so a decision will need to be made by the end of next month if cruising is to start in October.

• Like 1

We can’t be Gilligan's Island for ever.

Celebrity edge will be sailing in a month’s time out of Fort Lauderdale and there’s  other ports around the world.

Come to think of it ginger was pretty hot on Gillian’s Island 

Edited by Chiliburn
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We can’t be Gilligan's Island for ever.

Celebrity edge will be sailing in a month’s time out of Fort Lauderdale and there’s  other ports around the world.

Come to think of it ginger was pretty hot on Gillian’s Island 

Mary Anne was hotter, though at this age Lovey is more in my age group.

• Haha 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

That is me in the middle,  nothing much to look at, not a lot going on upstairs but still star of the show. 😛

In ye olde Plumbers hat Lol, gee you were a handsome chap on the Island, lol.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NSWP said:

Just read the following on Seatrade Cruise News:

"And Norwegian Spirit will cruise 12-day Australia/New Zealand voyages from Sydney and Auckland beginning Feb. 9"

We are so keeping our fingers crossed to see New Zealand and Australia in Feb/ March of 2022 on the Regent Mariner. 100% passengers and crew will be vaccinated. It is part of the 22 World Cruise. It spends most of January at sea,  Hawaii and Polynesia. Being a smaller ship, all fully vaccinated I am keeping fingers crossed. 

• Like 1