Check-In Info for Adventure Cruise in June

4 hours ago, Booking It said:

If we check in now, would that affect our ability to cancel and get FCC if we don't agree with the restrictions (that as far as I know, they STILL have not officially stated)?

They are enforcing check in times. So, you need to check in as soon as it opens to get the time of your choice. If you don’t mind a dinner time checkin, then you can wait. 

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

They are enforcing check in times. So, you need to check in as soon as it opens to get the time of your choice. If you don’t mind a dinner time checkin, then you can wait. 

I went ahead and checked in because I wanted an early spot. I got 12:00, so as a diamond Hilton member we should be able to get a late check out at the hotel, and waltz downstairs to check in for the cruise.

I'm still holding out hope that they won't be as restrictive as they could be with masks and whatnot. If so, I'll cancel.  The only money we would be out would be $400 in change fees for the one way Air2Sea tickets, and I can live with that if it means not going on a rule filled vacation. 

18 minutes ago, Fritz Mom said:

Another question....Is it mandatory to upload a picture or will they do it at boarding? I have only sailed on Celebrity the last few years and don't recall that being required . 

They've always been able to take it at check-in; and in fact will replace a photo that isn't adequate at check-in even if you did upload one. They're I think mostly giving people some busy work to feel they accomplish something as well as to perhaps address those who are a bit sensitive just how the photo looks of them that pops up on every security monitor when entering or leaving the ship and scanning your SeaPass card, or when it gets scanned at any register or by any handheld terminal.

Of course many of those places for some reason don't retain the right aspect ratio when displaying the photo and it shows super-wide/fat or super-tall/thin versions. 🙂

1 minute ago, dswallow said:

They've always been able to take it at check-in; and in fact will replace a photo that isn't adequate at check-in even if you did upload one. They're I think mostly giving people some busy work to feel they accomplish something as well as to perhaps address those who are a bit sensitive just how the photo looks of them that pops up on every security monitor when entering or leaving the ship and scanning your SeaPass card, or when it gets scanned at any register or by any handheld terminal.

Of course many of those places for some reason don't retain the right aspect ratio when displaying the photo and it shows super-wide/fat or super-tall/thin versions. 🙂

Thank you! I completed check-in without it and there wasn't a problem. 

I checked in today for the June 26 sailing, and selected the 2:30pm check-in time because according to Delta my plane will land a bit before noon.  Seems like enough time to get my bags and queue for a taxi over to the Hilton.  It will be hot and humid so I don't want to have to stand around outside too long.  I figure that a 2:30 check-in means boarding the boat at 4:00 to 4:30, so in other words, in time to get into the cabin and get organized before dinner.  I was surprised that the boarding process didn't involve uploading a picture of my vaccine card, but it didn't.

30 minutes ago, garywatson said:

I checked in today for the June 26 sailing, and selected the 2:30pm check-in time because according to Delta my plane will land a bit before noon.  Seems like enough time to get my bags and queue for a taxi over to the Hilton.  It will be hot and humid so I don't want to have to stand around outside too long.  I figure that a 2:30 check-in means boarding the boat at 4:00 to 4:30, so in other words, in time to get into the cabin and get organized before dinner.  I was surprised that the boarding process didn't involve uploading a picture of my vaccine card, but it didn't.

I’m wondering if the vaccine documentation will be done via the Bahamas Health Visa

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lynnemac said:

Maybe I'm a little dull but how do you know what time slot to pick for boarding? I arrive at the airport, June 26th, at 11:14 a.m. I have to go through all the airport stuff and get my bags. Them find the Royal people to get a ride to the hotel. Who knows how long I will have to wait for the bus, the ride, all the paperwork.  Then finally get to the terminal building to board, and they expect me to fit all those issues into a half hour boarding slot. What am I missing here?

I think the only part they plan on fitting into 30 minutes is the verification of your documents (passport, sea pass, health visa) and the health screening (temperature check, ?Covid test, sign health declaration).  All the rest you outlined needs to be done before your check in time.

There is such a continuous swirl of new information,  It is so confusing to try to remember what is currently applicable.

I thought somewhere I read that Royal will not be doing the temp checks and the antigen tests for those over 16 who are fully vaccinated.                                            I think we will only need to complete the health questionnaire on our phones the day before boarding,  At check in, just sign the health declaration, show passport, and vaccination proof.  Cabin keys will be in our staterooms.

2 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

There is such a continuous swirl of new information,  It is so confusing to try to remember what is currently applicable.

I thought somewhere I read that Royal will not be doing the temp checks and the antigen tests for those over 16 who are fully vaccinated.                                            I think we will only need to complete the health questionnaire on our phones the day before boarding,  At check in, just sign the health declaration, show passport, and vaccination proof.  Cabin keys will be in our staterooms.

Cabin key will be in an envelope in the slot outside your stateroom not in the stateroom

8 hours ago, Booking It said:

I got 12:00, so as a diamond Hilton member we should be able to get a late check out at the hotel, and waltz downstairs to check in for the cruise.

I just looked today and could not find  a checkout time at that hotel!

13 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I’m wondering if the vaccine documentation will be done via the Bahamas Health Visa

Yes, it is. You also enter the lot number, address and phone of the clinic that administered your vaccine. Royal will probably want to see your physical vaccine card too.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

What's the price for 1 night there?

The price you see when you are looking for rooms right now is $300. But with taxes and per person fees, it ends up being over $400. I'm VERY grateful that I booked before they announced that the Hilton was going to be the staging area. I was able to get the friends and family rate of only $200 plus taxes and fees. 

2 hours ago, Booking It said:

The price you see when you are looking for rooms right now is $300. But with taxes and per person fees, it ends up being over $400. I'm VERY grateful that I booked before they announced that the Hilton was going to be the staging area. I was able to get the friends and family rate of only $200 plus taxes and fees. 

We missed the better pricing, but switched to the Hilton anyway.  The hubby and are both very happy with the super low stress arrangement of being able to just go downstairs to check in for the cruise.  

20 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

I think the only part they plan on fitting into 30 minutes is the verification of your documents (passport, sea pass, health visa) and the health screening (temperature check, ?Covid test, sign health declaration).  All the rest you outlined needs to be done before your check in time.

You’re asked to do the health declaration on the app the day before cruise. Ours is already there,,, but won’t let you fill it out. 

13 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

I stand corrected:  😉One key in the envelope outside your stateroom, one inside

Even that may not be correct, some have reported all cards in the envelope outside, none inside.

Edited by Biker19

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Even that may not be correct, some have reported all cards in the envelope outside, none inside.

For the suites we have been in it has been all cards outside the room and wow bands inside.  

20 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

We missed the better pricing, but switched to the Hilton anyway.  The hubby and are both very happy with the super low stress arrangement of being able to just go downstairs to check in for the cruise.  

Totally with you.   We were at the Hyatt and switched to the Hilton.  One less transportation trip, and you're just right there.

I hear the Hilton is older and needs some love, but I think I can manage for one night to have the convenience of check in at my hotel.

Now if only they didn't make you check out at 11am

1 hour ago, RCCL Fan said:

Totally with you.   We were at the Hyatt and switched to the Hilton.  One less transportation trip, and you're just right there.

I hear the Hilton is older and needs some love, but I think I can manage for one night to have the convenience of check in at my hotel.

Now if only they didn't make you check out at 11am

I’ve heard the same, and also fine with it.  If we can, as early articles indicate, we will check in our luggage early in the morning, and just have our carryon during that hour between hotel checkout and cruise check in — perfect time to have an ocean view mimosa while waiting