Current Contract Covid 19 procedures

Just received my contract for Sept. Allure (final payment due 6/14).  I think the highlighted sentence speaks to your Vx card info:  Please excuse if this has already been addressed.

; (9) the required completion by Passenger in a timely manner of any written authorizations or consent forms required for Carrier to carry out its COVID-19 Policies and Procedures (including but not limited to medical information, medical privacy, or personal data privacy consent forms), and; (10) other policies and procedures deemed by Carrier in its sole discretion to be necessary to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19. Passenger acknowledges that: (i) Carrier’s Privacy Policy for Health Protection Measures (“Health Privacy Policy”) is an integral part of Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures; (ii) the Health Privacy Policy has been made available to Passenger; and (iii) Passenger agrees to the terms of the Health Privacy Policy. d. Mandatory Compliance with COVID-19 Policies and Procedures. Notwithstanding any other provision contained herein or in Carrier’s Refund Policy, any noncompliance by Passenger or members of Passenger’s travelling party with Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract shall be grounds for refusal to board, refusal to reboard after going ashore, quarantine onboard the Vessel, disembarkation, reporting to governmental or health authorities, or other steps deemed necessary in Carrier’s sole discretion under the circumstances to protect the health and well-being of others. Under these circumstances, Passenger shall not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. Passenger will be responsible for all related costs and fines, including without limitation travel expenses and for proper travel documentation for any port, or for departure from or arrival to Passenger’s country of residence. Under no circumstances shall Carrier be liable for any damages or expenses whatsoever incurred by any Passenger as a result of such denial of boarding, refusal to re-board, quarantine, disembarkation, or other steps taken by Carrier. e. Passenger Testing Positive for COVID-19 Pre-Cruise. Passenger agrees that if at any time within 14 days prior to embarkation, Passenger tests positive for COVID-19, exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, has had close contact with a person confirmed or suspected as having COVID-19, or Carrier otherwise determines in its sole discretion that Passenger is unfit to board because of any communicable illness, Carrier will deny boarding to such Passenger. Under these circumstances, unless Carrier determines that Passenger has failed to comply with Carrier’s COVID-19 Policies and Procedures or this Ticket Contract, any Passenger denied boarding because of a known or suspected infection with COVID-19 will be entitled to a refund or future cruise credit equal in value to the Cruise Fare Passenger paid to Carrier. Carrier, in its sole discretion, may require Passenger to provide verification satisfactory to Carrier of Passenger’s positive test result if the test was administered by a provider other than those retained by Carrier. For further details, refer to Carrier’s refund and cancellation policy at www.RoyalCaribbean.com. Under no circumstances shall Carrier have any other liability for any compensation or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to compensation for lodging or travel. f. Passenger Testing Positive for COVID-19 During Cruise. Passenger understands and agrees that if, after boarding, and even if Passenger has fully complied with all COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, Passenger tests positive for COVID-19 or exhibits signs or symptoms of COVID-19, Carrier may disembark, refuse re-boarding after a shore excursion, or quarantine Passenger as well as members of Passenger’s travelling party, or take other steps which Carrier determines, in its sole discretion, are necessary under the circumstances to protect the health and well-being of others.

I interpret that as meaning, they can put a paragraph on the Health Form that says "Have you been vxd for Covid within the last 14 days?  Just a question, not a requirement. So that would satisfy DeSantis.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

What it is likely intended to cover is any consent or authorization for them to verify any medical information, which would presumably include verifying COVID-19 test information or vaccination status.  No medical or privacy invasion claims would be available under these limited circumstances.  

• Like 1

I can't see people actually releasing medical records to a cruise line. I could see them giving a copy of a vaccine card, but a release of medical records....that sounds weird. Hopefully it'll just be a question about whether or not the person sailing has been vaccinated or has had COVID. If you're at risk for COVID and you choose to spend thousands on a trip knowing you could be ejected from the ship if you have COVID, that would be a big deterrent to lie. But then again, vaccines aren't 100%, so for sure there is going to be COVID on ships. I'm very interested to see how this all gets handled in the end. Aren't we all. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mariketa said:

I can't see people actually releasing medical records to a cruise line. I could see them giving a copy of a vaccine card, but a release of medical records....that sounds weird. Hopefully it'll just be a question about whether or not the person sailing has been vaccinated or has had COVID. If you're at risk for COVID and you choose to spend thousands on a trip knowing you could be ejected from the ship if you have COVID, that would be a big deterrent to lie. But then again, vaccines aren't 100%, so for sure there is going to be COVID on ships. I'm very interested to see how this all gets handled in the end. Aren't we all. 🙂

The QR coded Excelsior Passport issued in New York avoids all this stuff.

If the cruise agency requests and uses the the download all it does when the Passport is scanned is tell when the person was fully vaccinated. 

Name and Date of Birth along with the type and date of vaccination.. NO OTHER NEDICAL RECORDS.

A government  PHOTO id is required to complete the approval.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

The QR coded Excelsior Passport issued in New York avoids all this stuff.

If the cruise agency requests and uses the the download all it does when the Passport is scanned is tell when the person was fully vaccinated. 

Name and Date of Birth along with the type and date of vaccination.. NO OTHER NEDICAL RECORDS.

A government  PHOTO id is required to complete the approval.

I want to believe it, but...I just don't. Apps aren't secure, and I think a lot of times it's willfully not secure and willfully taking information it says it won't take. This happens all the time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Looks like a simple release of medical records. ????

Not medical records in their entirety certainly, but likely authorizations to confirm any COVID-19 test taken prior to embarkation or to verify the data on a vaccine card and the like. 

Edited by harkinmr

48 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

I want to believe it, but...I just don't. Apps aren't secure, and I think a lot of times it's willfully not secure and willfully taking information it says it won't take. This happens all the time. 

Then basically you will trust no apps or other methods of verification. 

Therefore there is no way of being secure that a person has been vaccinated.

SAD

52 minutes ago, Mariketa said:

What sort of health information would the cruise lines possibly want that they could surreptitiously garner through a narrow authorization to obtain specified medical information?

Thanks for posting the info, much appreciated.   Sooo want to get back to cruising.  My family group has been considering booking a Royal Caribbean cruise in July, but cannot determine their policy for vax, testing, etc.  I called Royal Caribbean and they tell me that that info is not available at this time.  Seriously?  

I would not call myself “coronaphobic”, but I am concerned because we would be investing thousands of dollars in a vacay that might be terminated and rendered miserable  if someone is believed to have covid.  Guess I am “costly-disappointing-cruise-phobic.”

Are they waiting until the last minute to decide who does and does not get on the ship?  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cabana Girl said:

I am concerned because we would be investing thousands of dollars in a vacay that might be terminated and rendered miserable  if someone is believed to have covid.

There has not been any RCI related sailing cut short by a case of COVID on board since sailing resumed last July.

19 hours ago, Mariketa said:

but a release of medical records

That is just "legalese"  That term specifically relates to your vaccination records, at least I interpret it that way, as you say, why would they be interested in any other of one's medical records?

I have zero concerns about a medical records release.  RCI can look at whatever medical records of mine they want.   I simply don't care.

What I do care about in this passenger contract is that I can be put ashore and left on my own if I test positive or even show symptoms.   

Was in healthcare for 45 years, in the US, if you used the health care system, especially medicare and government related systems, at least 12 different entities know your health care history and can access your records. Be careful with any diagnosis, especially if it is a mistaken diagnosis.

9 hours ago, Thesandman12 said:

Was in healthcare for 45 years, in the US, if you used the health care system, especially medicare and government related systems, at least 12 different entities know your health care history and can access your records. Be careful with any diagnosis, especially if it is a mistaken diagnosis.

OK, 12 different entities know my medical history and can access my records.  Why is that a problem?   

On 6/1/2021 at 4:06 PM, Mariketa said:

Actual medical records aren't even entered into these governmental databases. They just check a negative ping for whether you've been vaccinated. All states that are involved in the federal vaccination program-ie every state-is required to report this information in order to participate. I've posted a sample state agreement on cruise critic which is signed when they are agree to be a part of the vaccination program. 

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 5:06 PM, Mariketa said:

Agree, don't see a release of Med Records either. Think a Vaccine Passport is a big deal, Record release? Not going happen

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ldubs said:

OK, 12 different entities know my medical history and can access my records.  Why is that a problem?   

Not a problem with me, it is just people think all that is so secret, little do they know. They also know I got the vax, and the internet knows I looked at luggage. I could care less what they know, guess I'm one of the few. Kilroy was here.take care stay safe

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thesandman12 said:

Not a problem with me, it is just people think all that is so secret, little do they know. They also know I got the vax, and the internet knows I looked at luggage. I could care less what they know, guess I'm one of the few. Kilroy was here.take care stay safe

That makes two of us.   Cheers!