Platinum Lattitudes level complimentary dinners

Fabulous97

I have tried searching however I cannot find the answer.

We reached Platinum level on our last cruise and have a European one booked for September (ever hopeful). I see we receive two complimentary dinners, are we allowed to book these in advance? Or is it something done onboard?

We also have some dining package and have been able to book these.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

16 minutes ago, Fabulous97 said:

We reached Platinum level on our last cruise and have a European one booked for September (ever hopeful). I see we receive two complimentary dinners, are we allowed to book these in advance? Or is it something done onboard?

You "should" be able to make your reservations at 120 days (or sooner in Suites/Haven) away from your embarkation.  Some restaurants that have a cover charge (Moderno, for example), should be booked first (the system does not know what dining perks you have).  Le Bistro and/or Cagney's could then be selected next.

Perhaps you would be more comfortable talking to someone at NCL to book them for you.

• Like 2

We are platinum also and we always book all our restaurants in advance on line.  As soon as we have booked all excursions and know what time we will be back on the ship, I plan out our dinners and make the reservations.  We tend to be early eaters and those times fill up fast.

3 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

See the link in my signature for all the details you need.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Since these are a latitude level benefit and you wouldn't have pre-paid the gratuities like those included in the "free at sea" packages, I suppose you just pay the gratuities in restaurant?

There is no auto gratuity of any kind with the latitudes meals, so any gratuity you pay is at your discretion. As you say, anything you wish to pay is done at the restaurant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Do you get one or two meals with Platinum level? 

Each cabin gets two meals for two. If there are more than two platinums charing a cabin then you get extra vouchers to reflect this.

Just double checking, non-suites can make dining reservation 120 days out ? Since final payment isn't due until 60 days before do you think we will still be able to make dining reservations before final payment ?

1 minute ago, NYcruzzer said:

Just double checking, non-suites can make dining reservation 120 days out ? Since final payment isn't due until 60 days before do you think we will still be able to make dining reservations before final payment ?

Yes, the two aren't linked in any way.

Many of us from outside the US have always been able to make bookings prior to final payment, as that is usually much later than yours.

When we first started cruising with Norwegian in 2014 I thought there would be no way we would ever reach the Platinum level.  Now we are working our way to Platinum Plus level.

I really appreciate the benefits NCL offers at the Platinum level.  The dinners for two, priority boarding, 30 free Internet minutes, and the 1 free bag of laundry which comes in handy for those longer cruises.

When we took our British Isles cruise out of Southampton England in 2018 I was shocked to see the seating area in the terminal was nicer for Platinum level passengers than the waiting area for Haven guests.  I had to wonder if the terminal personnel made a mistake.  Not complaining though.

20181126_175750_1.thumb.jpg.1707029cc22bebea1a71f3790620c636.jpg

20181126_175827_1.thumb.jpg.907097eb97ed77219f07679d272a71ff.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Yes, the two aren't linked in any way.

Many of us from outside the US have always been able to make bookings prior to final payment, as that is usually much later than yours.

Great. Thank you

ha ha too funny on those lounges, nice.

yeah I do think the Platinum benefits are a nice perk (haven't had my first cruise yet with that status, continuous cancellations like all of us)

the shocking part is after doing the next 95 nights to Platinum Plus you basically just get a bottle of water (WOO-HOO!!), 5% more discount on shore excursions (never take them through the ship), 30 more minutes Internet (nice), a chance to potentially make "priority" restaurant/ entertainment reservations (uh, never had the need to do that before), and a dinner with officers (hmmm, not sure that really is my idea of fun and would even take advantage of it but to each his own)

So, I kind of feel like I have basically peaked with NCL now

Edited by pghflyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Each cabin gets two meals for two. If there are more than two platinums charing a cabin then you get extra vouchers to reflect this.

We are newly platinum but haven’t cruised yet with the status.  This makes it sound as if both passengers in the same cabin are platinum then they each would get two meals for two.  So would we get 2 platinum dinners or 4 platinum dinners?

19 minutes ago, gatorchinsky said:

We are newly platinum but haven’t cruised yet with the status.  This makes it sound as if both passengers in the same cabin are platinum then they each would get two meals for two.  So would we get 2 platinum dinners or 4 platinum dinners?

The benefit is given per cabin, so you get two dinners for two regardless of whether one or two people in the cabin are platinum.

If there are three of four platinums sharing a cabin (most likely this would be in a suite) then you will get another voucher giving two meals for two. This was added a few years ago as people were complaining that platinums in suites weren't getting the same benefits compared to what they would receive if they were booked into separate non suite rooms.

Edited by KeithJenner

4 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Since these are a latitude level benefit and you wouldn't have pre-paid the gratuities like those included in the "free at sea" packages, I suppose you just pay the gratuities in restaurant?

Yes, that is what we always do when using our Platinum benefits.

3 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

When we took our British Isles cruise out of Southampton England in 2018 I was shocked to see the seating area in the terminal was nicer for Platinum level passengers than the waiting area for Haven guests.  I had to wonder if the terminal personnel made a mistake.  Not complaining though.

20181126_175750_1.thumb.jpg.1707029cc22bebea1a71f3790620c636.jpg

20181126_175827_1.thumb.jpg.907097eb97ed77219f07679d272a71ff.jpg

Apparently NCL values "loyalty" more highly than the first time guy who splurges.  That makes sense.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaptainWoody said:

Apparently NCL values "loyalty" more highly than the first time guy who splurges.  That makes sense.

My guess is that it was a mistake. No way Platinum trumps Haven.

• Like 1