The Daily for Thursday Jun 03, 2021

richwmn

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Interesting days. interesting days. I haven't ridden a bike in ages. Love the Love conquers All.

The meal and drinks sound good, although the wine's price is out of my range. White Russians are a favorite of mine.

I haven't been to today's port. I appreciate the pictures from those who have been there.

It's gently raining now, but possible bigger storms later. Good for the lawn and plants.

@garlictown Sorry to hear of the new cast. Speedy recovery!

@StLouisCruisers Prayers for you and your family during this difficult time. I'm so glad you were able to go to see your sister.

@ger_77 Oh no, so sorry to hear about your Uncle. Prayers. I don't understand how a hospital can not isolate the infected people so others don't get it!

@St. Louis Sal Ouch on the LP's, but praying the treatment will help you (and is not the placebo). Sorry to hear of the fall; tailbone bruises can take a long time to heal.

@Horizon chaser 1957 The scarves are beautiful!

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone!

• Like 18

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  We haven't ridden bikes in forever, forever!  Love the fact that it's love conquers all day - something that newlyweds need to remember when things get tough.  

@StLouisCruisers, my heart goes out to you and your family; I'm just glad you had your time together with your sister and came home with good memories.  Please know that I join this community in prayer for a peaceful passing when her time comes.

I didn't sleep well at all last night and it wasn't from my 2nd jab; I learned last night that my favourite uncle is in the hospital with Covid and is not expected to survive.  He's 90 and a couple of weeks ago, went in with a bladder infection; two days after his release from hospital, he was diagnosed with Covid and back he went.  Apparently the entire ward he was in was infected and they all subsequently returned to the hospital.  I spoke with my cousin last night and in her words "the clan is gathering tonight", so I'm not sure if he made it through the night or not.  Sad, because he was the first person I met from my birth family; he welcomed me into the family as if I was his own.

I didn't end up making the couscous and chicken last night, as DH and I went for a ride in the topless car and ended up stopping for burgers and ice cream on the way home.  Today's going to be even hotter (possibly 36C), so I'm going to get the chicken baked early this morning on the deck and have it refrigerated for tonight's attempt at the couscous and chicken dish.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Raising the glasses to toast all on the celebration list.  Be safe, stay well, wash your hands and wear your masks!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Sending prayers and love your way, Gerry. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I hope so!  I wonder how high my blood pressure is because I feel very unsettled.  Deep breaths!

Sandi, do you practice yoga, tai chi or Pilates?  Each gets you to focus on breathing and helps your mind focus on your body’s movements. Now might be a good time to do a session. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi, do you practice yoga, tai chi or Pilates?  Each gets you to focus on breathing and helps your mind focus on your body’s movements. Now might be a good time to do a session. 

No, I don't practice them but now might be a good time to start.  Thanks for that suggestion.

• Like 6

Thank you for The Daily.  Drink of the day sounds great for Drink of the Evening as I enjoy a good book.  Thanks to kazu for her caring posts and, Oh those June Bugs!  First few are annoying but after June bugs come the fireflies and I can never see enough of those.  I almost made it to Copenhagen in the summer of 2020, sigh.  Maybe in 2022.

Edited by the2ofus
  • Like 14

7 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone.   

Guess I slept in a bit this morning.  Last night was one of those nights where I couldn't get to sleep.  Water fitness isn't until 10:00 am today, so it works out.   

Wow, I am sorry to hear about @garlictown's continued problems with her wrist and arm.  I hope the cast doesn't have to stay on too long.  Also, @smitty34877, I'm sorry to hear that Tana's fever has returned.   I hope it is a short lived problem and she continues on the path to good health.  I am thrilled to hear about more and more of us getting those second jabs.   We'll beat this thing!

Today's meal kind of throws me a bit.  What is a porketta?   Even Google was confused on that.

So, I looked at Roasted Pork Loin with gravy.   The kind of gravy wasn't specified and I found that you can have more than one kind.   

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/pork-roast-with-gravy/Pork-Roast-with-Gravy_exps38666_THHC1997843A09_09_1bC_RMS-6.jpg.ca2878c0fa3a2817420f83a473dafe73.jpg

Or, you can go with an onion gravy.   Sounds good to me!  https://bestrecipebox.com/roast-pork-recipe/

Roast-Pork-Loin-with-Onion-Gravy-3.thumb.jpg.cf1a0df839a3069a87d5242c987ea46b.jpg

Or, here is one last version:   https://iamhomesteader.com/porkroast/

pork-loin-1-705x1024.thumb.jpg.908bbc6e0e017b204e7fc3c669668a7e.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!   Have a great day!   Love one another.

Porchetta  is an Italian specialty, they roast pork with some Italian herbs and it is often served in sandwiches.  Sometimes even at roadsides. 

sorry I posted before realizing it HD already been explained.  It is delicious!

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 8

Good afterwards and thanks all!  
I’m sending hugs to @StLouisCruisers,  @ger_77 and @St. Louis Sal,  Covid has made life so much more difficult.   
I echo Ann’s suggestion for Yoga,  it does help with stress.  

We’ve been to Copenhagen twice, one on the Emerald in 2009,  so not with you folks.  no digital photos but we loved it,  we stayed in Nyhaven both times,  the last time in the amazing Admiral hotel right on the water in a decent size room.   Just found out yesterday you can order tea from Copenhagen online!  The things I learn from CC!  

Ok Garden club, my garlic didn’t come up,  did I plan too early, too late?  Or it just froze to death? 

It’s  scorching here, 33.9C or 95F in the back shade!  Stay cool! 

315F4F27-8CF4-4A29-9F3C-A4B2DD1D8515.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 18

Good afternoon, checking in on a blazing hot (34C) afternoon with an update.  Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts, but sadly, my uncle left this earthly plane in the wee hours of the morning.  Fortunately they let my aunt in to sit with him and hold his hand during his last hour, so he wasn't alone. Although the family is devastated, we are grateful for the 90 years (and good ones at that!) he had on this earth, and the years we have all been able to share with him.  Good memories remain.

Stay safe, everyone.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 14
  • Thanks 8

3 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Good afternoon, checking in on a blazing hot (34C) afternoon with an update.  Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts, but sadly, my uncle left this earthly plane in the wee hours of the morning.  Fortunately they let my aunt in to sit with him and hold his hand during his last hour, so he wasn't alone. Although the family is devastated, we are grateful for the 90 years (and good ones at that!) he had on this earth, and the years we have all been able to share with him.  Good memories remain.

Stay safe, everyone.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

My heart is breaking for you.  Know that you are in my prayers. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Stay safe, everyone.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

My deepest condolences Gerry.  Such a difficult time for you and yours.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Right now it is a pleasant 84 degrees here.  Down from the last few days. Thank you Rich for the daily, and all others who make this a good place to be. I've never been to Copenhagen, never had a white Russian,  too old for bikes and the dinner looks good but it isn't something I would go to all the trouble for just me. Prayers to all who are needing them and joy for all who are celebrating. 

• Like 14

Good afternoon from a cloudy central Texas, and we are expecting rain through next Wednesday.  I'm late today as the house was "telling" me it was time to clean it, my least favorite chore.

I'll repeat, it is my least favorite chore.   Love does conquer all.  I haven't been on a bicycle in 25-30 years.  We'll pass on the meal and have chicken fajitas tonight.  The drink lost me on the coffee.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm so sorry your uncle did not make it, but it was good that his wife could be with him.  May he live on in your heart and memories of all the good years.  Your and your family are in our thoughts.

@St. Louis Sal  Ouch!  I'm sorry you fell and are hurting on top of everything else.  I can literally feel your pain, as I landed on my tail bone when I was in elementary school, and still can remember how sore it was and how hard it was to sit.  The good news is, the pain will ease and become a distant memory

@garlictown  Sorry you needed a cast on your wrist, but good that you finally got them to listen to you.

@Horizon chaser 1957.The scarves are lovely.  I've been waiting to see the one with the big maple leaves since you mentioned the idea a while ago.

We have been to Copenhagen several times and I'll go look to see what pictures I have that are different from the great ones already posted.

Lenda

• Like 16

Good afternoon everyone and Happy Thursday!!  We are in the mountains at our summer rental hideaway, we really wish that we could stay all summer.  

F8CE19F0-DF73-4522-95CC-30B46494DCE8.thumb.jpeg.39c7da3c3fdd32068cf05a5d2b2d6017.jpeg

Connection is iffy so I’ll be here off and on. 

AC15AC8E-6573-4997-B64D-6C71D7D50C56.thumb.jpeg.17965fe6e969bbf944e323d54cdbbf76.jpeg

And for @garlictown I feel your pain. Three years ago I broke my hand (just straightening a rug!). You are going through much more than I did but I know you are strong and can do this!

2B5E912A-243A-4074-8253-3E0732C9F633.thumb.jpeg.37ae5a4420a45493b684c4d48d435714.jpeg

Have a great day everyone !

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Good morning and thank you to all who contribute to The Daily. I love all the pictures and memes. I may not post often but know I am here reading and laughing and praying and cheering. 🙂

Exactly  I Couldn't have said it better,

jane

• Like 12

@ger_77 So sorry to hear about your uncle.  Words are never adequate.  Good memories will hopefully bring some comfort for you and your family.

We were in Copenhagen three years ago while on the Amsterdam.  A few photos around the city that hopefully aren’t repetitive.4E59FCE5-3A27-42D9-8D10-71571912E7C7.thumb.jpeg.d3be5061efbbb3950508fd98296f79e9.jpeg

FB3F0127-C1DA-4FBB-86DB-D640B4198CD7.thumb.jpeg.b8043743654db3a1ce12dad7d5d0b8d0.jpeg

1901B809-DF3F-4A3B-B763-6E13FD869AF8.thumb.jpeg.2baf43143ccadcc13d460be2142bfea3.jpeg

6AF51C0F-CB6D-4D28-AA0F-F499428D50E9.thumb.jpeg.6836d06fa8bba67550245412129bf951.jpeg

4880EDEB-5D84-4E8D-BEE4-B9B1F4AFC2DB.thumb.jpeg.13539ffab1bcbbb7334abd2fd21144ad.jpeg

83C69905-D52D-41C7-940B-F689098D2E93.thumb.jpeg.cba6268bd4e7fa39dbcb7532db9e9f38.jpeg

8098AFF4-A557-4BA0-A5DF-1B907ECBB133.thumb.jpeg.3bdbe7ffcdb2725955f353f9290e8717.jpeg

3A33FACB-6283-459E-B815-1304D20AEEDB.thumb.jpeg.7dd27bfa862e299891fb10abde9cec3d.jpeg

DEDEBB44-F67B-4BF8-A9F1-0AE2AEDB5C28.thumb.jpeg.9b207e585b3d94959101f356a440de55.jpeg

F6231147-AAD3-45ED-89D5-2E7675657D87.thumb.jpeg.1a9af32821cdac14d80f4506d1f8dccf.jpeg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Stay safe, everyone.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Love you, Gerry! Hold those memories close. ❤️

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

We sailed into Copenhagen in the evening, way back in 1998.  Our group got off the Splendour OTS after dinner to see Tivoli.  The next day, we saw all the sights before sailing away to England.  That was our only time, there.

• Like 12

@St. Louis Salso sorry to hear of your tailbone troubles!  I remember when my older DS was born (he was 10 lbs 2 oz), he broke my tailbone at delivery. I sat on a donut pillow for a few weeks until it felt better.  Hope yours heals quickly!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@St. Louis Sal I'm sorry, I must have glided right over the part where you said you'd taken a tumble and injured your tailbone.  My eyes sort of glazed over at the words "lumbar puncture", as I've had one, and don't recommend them on a regular basis. A tailbone injury nothing to joke about - hopefully yours is a slight injury and you'll heal quickly.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 12