Revamped Tier Levels Coming Soon

cruzsnooze

The ones I use are still there:

Internet minutes

Minibar set-up

Wine tasting 

Priority tender (might be a moot point as I can schedule on JourneyNow the day before)

Side note: the best 'Captains Party' i went to was one out of LA last year when the captain just gave us all a free drink coupon (solos got 2 --- or maybe that was just me) to spend anywhere we wanted. I went to Vines

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol:

"Many can't go there; and many would rather die." "If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.

=======================================

Perhaps Princess will simply lose a large portion of the existing Elite passengers due to them being older and not able or willing to use the #$*&!# new app. No smart phone? No problem. No working app? No problem. Unable to see the tiny screen or use the tiny keyboard? No problem. Go away and decrease the number of Elite passengers. Perhaps this is all part of the Princess Master Plan to decrease the number of Elite passengers. No need to add new levels or perks. Simply get rid of a bunch of previously loyal passengers.

Okay, I don't really think this is the Princess plan but we need something for the conspiracy folks to chew on. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, caribill said:

As pointed out earlier, the purpose of a loyalty program is to encourage return customers.

Many (most?) of the elites cruise multiple times a year.

But the loyalty program also encourages those who cruise once a year or less to also return to Princess. And, as been pointed out, those who cruise less often tend to spend more on board including the cruise line's shore excursions. So even the once a year cruisers in inside cabins can be a good revenue source for Princess.

Yes, the CC levels are the carrot customers keep chasing and when they finally do catch it (Elite), they find out it isn't all that sweet a prize.  

That said, I do like priority boarding (but have to show up early if want to be among the very first), priority water shuttle (but again have to still show up early if want to get on among the first), internet discount (no rush for that), and mini-bar swap is a nice little perk (but have to be on early to get swap order in as they don't let us do it ahead of time - and there is a new enhancement idea for MC app).  The early booking (24hrs) for reserving new voyages is nice, but again you have to be early if it is a limited voyage you are after).  Don't care much about the laundry as wouldn't trust most things.  What else is there?  IDC much about the late afternoon lounge as we are early diners. 

So it's not bad, but I know I am not special.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol:

"Many can't go there; and many would rather die." "If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.

Perhaps Princess will simply lose a large portion of the existing Elite passengers due to them being older and not able or willing to use the #$*&!# new app. No smart phone? No problem. No working app? No problem. Unable to see the tiny screen or use the tiny keyboard? No problem. Go away and decrease the number of Elite passengers. Perhaps this is all part of the Princess Master Plan to decrease the number of Elite passengers. No need to add new levels or perks. Simply get rid of a bunch of previously loyal passengers.

Okay, I don't really think this is the Princess plan but we need something for the conspiracy folks to chew on. 🙄

I've heard some point out that many Elites are soon going to leave due to "natural causes" or also euphemistically known as "attrition". I suspect there is a large set intersection between this group and the group that refuses to get smart devices because they're too hard to learn, have tiny keyboards and heck, they never needed them before, why start now?!

That said, while I do use these devices, those displays are getting smaller and fuzzier and my arms are getting too short as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Daniel A said:

it isn't the lower tiers who are the most vocal complaining about the Captain's Circle benefits, it's the Elites.  I guess when you (some) achieve Elite status you (they) buy into the concept of being someone (somewhat) special and it's disappointing to discover there are many, many other people who are just as 'special.'

4 hours ago, skynight said:

We have always felt special from our very first Princess cruise. The staff treats you this way and we treat them the same. We have been elite around 10 years. We never felt extra special at any time because of the elite status. Always feel we are just like everyone else on board.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, the CC levels are the carrot customers keep chasing and when they finally do catch it (Elite), they find out it isn't all that sweet a prize.  

That said, I do like priority boarding (but have to show up early if want to be among the very first), priority water shuttle (but again have to still show up early if want to get on among the first), internet discount (no rush for that), and mini-bar swap is a nice little perk (but have to be on early to get swap order in as they don't let us do it ahead of time - and there is a new enhancement idea for MC app).  The early booking (24hrs) for reserving new voyages is nice, but again you have to be early if it is a limited voyage you are after).  Don't care much about the laundry as wouldn't trust most things.  What else is there?  IDC much about the late afternoon lounge as we are early diners. 

So it's not bad, but I know I am not special.

My post about the disappointment of Elites not being special, wasn't meant to be derisive at all about Elite PAX.  It was to convey that once becoming Elite, they discover they are one of maybe 1500 other Elite PAX and there is still a wait for the 'special' benefit of priority embarkation or priority access to the 'water shuttles.'  It seems that is where many of the CC benefit complaints arise from.

I should have used the word "some" instead of "you" in my prior post - my bad...

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, skynight said:

We have always felt special from our very first Princess cruise. The staff treats you this way and we treat them the same. We have been elite around 10 years. We never felt extra special at any time because of the elite status. Always feel we are just like everyone else on board.

Agree totally. Our first cruise was on the Emerald Princess for our 25th Anniversary years ago and we felt 'at home'. We're Platinum and enjoy the perks but more than anything else we just love to be cruising and cruising with Princess. The staff has always made us feel special regardless of the color of our cruise card. What will be will be and we are so looking forward to our February '21 cruise on the Sky. Best to all of our fellow Princess cruisers.

• Like 3

Reading the comments, P&O seem to have struck the right balance (although their rewards are dire compared to Princesses). 1 night on board = 10 points

• Pacific Tier: 150-500 points. ...
  • Atlantic Tier: 501-1000 points. ...
  • Mediterranean Tier: 1001- 2000 points. ...
  • Caribbean Tier: From 2001 points. ...
  • Baltic Tier: From 2501 points and 80-200 nights on board within the last three years. ...
  • Ligurian Tier: from 2501 points and at least 201 nights on board within the last three years.
Edited by davemorton

46 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Reading the comments, P&O seem to have struck the right balance (although their rewards are dire compared to Princesses). 1 night on board = 10 points

• Pacific Tier: 150-500 points. ...
  • Atlantic Tier: 501-1000 points. ...
  • Mediterranean Tier: 1001- 2000 points. ...
  • Caribbean Tier: From 2001 points. ...
  • Baltic Tier: From 2501 points and 80-200 nights on board within the last three years. ...
  • Ligurian Tier: from 2501 points and at least 201 nights on board within the last three years.

What do they give you for the points?

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

What do they give you for the points?

• Pacific Tier:
    150-500 points
    Benefits: Telephone hotline on board, member cruises, loyalty manager, Peninsular Club Magazine | 5% onboard discount
  • Atlantic Tier:
    501-1000 points
    Benefits: All benefits of the Pacific Tier plus a complimentary glass of champagne | 7,5% onboard discount
  • Mediterranean Tier:
    1001- 2000 points
    Benefits: All benefits of the Atlantic Tier plus an invitation to a cocktail party (8+ nights) | 8,5% onboard discount
  • Caribbean Tier:
    From 2001 points
    Benefits: All benefits of the Mediterranean Tier plus priority embarkation, welcome reception, a complimentary bottle of champagne, a special dining event and an annual gift | 10% onboard discount
  • Baltic Tier:
    From 2501 points and 80-200 nights on board within the last three years
    Benefits: All benefits of the Caribbean Tier, priority booking for flights and 50% discount on machine washable laundry | 10% onboard discount
  • Ligurian Tier:
    from 2501 points and at least 201 nights on board within the last three years
    Benefits: All benefits of the Baltic Tier plus invitations to events, access to our Hospitality Lounge within the cruise terminal, complimentary pressing service | 10% onboard discount
Edited by davemorton

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

How many here have used the Elite Shoe Polishing Perk?

Once about 10 years ago when reaching the Elite level but not again…I think that cabin attendants have more than enough work to do already.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

My post about the disappointment of Elites not being special, wasn't meant to be derisive at all about Elite PAX.  It was to convey that once becoming Elite, they discover they are one of maybe 1500 other Elite PAX and there is still a wait for the 'special' benefit of priority embarkation or priority access to the 'water shuttles.'  It seems that is where many of the CC benefit complaints arise from.

I should have used the word "some" instead of "you" in my prior post - my bad...

It is very easy not to wait at all regardless of status, just wait till you no longer need a number.  We do it all the time, even though we are elite.  We like to avoid the crowds. 

57 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Once about 10 years ago when reaching the Elite level but not again…I think that cabin attendants have more than enough work to do already.

I'm with you there. They have plenty to do and it seems like they are always getting more cabins added to their load. I wouldn't hassle anybody to polish my shoes. I suppose someone with nice shiny shoes to go with their tux might use the perk if the shoes were looking dull but, other than that situation, I doubt it's used much. I don't own a tux and my lardness doesn't stay in a stable size long enough for me to even consider getting one.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to figure out why so many people think it's 'easy' to get to Elite? Maybe for those of you who are in driving distance from a port, but those of us in the midwest, each cruise is expensive. It's a bit easier since we've retired, but Elite still seems pretty far away. We are Platinum and took our first cruise in 2006. While raising kids, it wasn't an affordable thing to do every year. My guess is that even though it sounds like you often see a lot of Elites on cruises....the majority of people never even reach Platinum. I would think those are the people Princess would want to keep encouraging to come back....

but that's just my 2 cents worth. 

🤷‍♀️

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

How many here have used the Elite Shoe Polishing Perk?

We have been Elite members for over 14 years I never used the S.P. Perk. We have used the Laundry perk

Quite often because we always book 20 day cruises. 
Tony

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

I agree, did it one time many years ago after receiving Elite benefits, but then realized our same cabin attendant had to also polish them for me. So I never asked again as I agree they already have a lot on their plate taking care of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Just out of curiosity, is it that you book back to back 10 day cruises?  Because I don't know that I've ever seen a 20 day cruise for sale.

Princess commonly sells the 10-night Caribbean voyages as that and in combinations for a single 20-night voyage.  Take your pick.  Same thing with the 7-night cruises packaged as 14-nighters.  You can book B2B or as one booking.  Your preference, depending on pricing for the smart shopper (which also includes how much OBC's you get for various things like military, shareholder, Princess, Travel Agent).

• Like 1