Dinning What happened to my table for 2 ? 😡

Jeter02

2 hours ago, dog said:

Is there an anytime dining on the app? Where?

ATD is the individual day selection feature in DMW.  I would think the intention is to use that once on board and you know each day when approx wish to dine and then use the app to reserve a table. 

23 minutes ago, dog said:

I had dining table for 2 early traditional on the Personalizer and travel summary. Once I got the app working the Personalizer eliminated it and I got message to. Go to app and choose my dini g

Did you use the review dining reservations feature in DMW?  It lets you see what is there for each day of the voyage(s). 

I found when the app was updated and I was able to login to it and access DMW, I setup dining for everyday at same time (TD), it told me nothing about anything already there.  However, when I went in to review dining reservations, I saw that we had a res setup for two of us for each day.  IDK if that came from Princess default, or from when I was playing with a prior version of app before it was removed from the (Android) Play Store.

I had to go thru and delete it each day at a time to clear out the old data.  My new res for four of us (including friends) was left in place then. 

Functions are new and I think we will see changes and improvements as time goes by.  I just hope the poor MD"s are not swamped due to lack of robust dining feature. 

I also suspect that only some of the dining inventory has been released for DMW purposes.

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

We currently have ATD specified on our booking for early 2022 and I am assuming ATD will still be available even with this Dine My Way rollout. True?

Yes, that is supported.  Separate daily reservations are a feature, along with same time every night feature (TD).  You can also just show up at the AT DR door as before and wait for available space.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, that is supported.  Separate daily reservations are a feature, along with same time every night feature (TD).  You can also just show up at the AT DR door as before and wait for available space.

Thank you. I was hoping that would be true (ATD still available) but since the app won't let me even see dining options, I wasn't sure.

One of the slides on the other thread (from the TA webinar) said that Traditional reservations made on the Personalizer prior to the migration to Medallion Class would be honored.

13 minutes ago, jwattle said:

One of the slides on the other thread (from the TA webinar) said that Traditional reservations made on the Personalizer prior to the migration to Medallion Class would be honored.

I hope you (they) are right but I have my TA checking on it to be sure.... since I cannot see anything dining related via the app and the "travel summary" on the web site shows:

Dining Preference:  (blank)

Dining Status:  Do Not Display

4 hours ago, BabySarge said:

Do not like this new "Dine My Way/Your Way/Any Way" or whatever the heck it is called and so far really do not like the Medallion App thingy either!  Had late traditional dining confirmed with a table for 6 or more and now my personalizer under Dining Status says "Do Not Display" and when I went into the Medallion App the only option it gave me was to book a table for 2 but on the bright side I could at least elect the time I wanted.  Not cruising until January 2022 so maybe I can get it sorted before then, if not will be sending DH to see the Maître D once on board to what can be done.    

I so agree! Why make it so complicated? Either you want ATD or Traditional... good grief!

• Like 1

Update on issue: after hours of figuring out and playing around hoping that tables would become available I have made all my reservations for all upcoming four cruises through the end of this year as it won't let me do any of the dining for anything in 2022 right now.

A trick that seemed to work for me is I did the reservations on both my personal phone and my father's phone which was funny because I can never get any of the reservations to confirm through my phone but his worked perfectly fine. It was funny how we got completely different table sizes and reservation times. But got my 5:00 dining set for all of them and I happy to know that they're all for a table for two only. The process definitely took a lot of persistence and playing around with. The first time I think I've ever had a stressful experience with a Princess Cruise in my entire life. 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jwattle said:

But it appears as though the data conversion was a miss.  They defaulted bookings to the table size of cabin occupancy it seems.  Once they ran out of whatever available 2-tops they loaded, they started on 4-tops.  Just a bit of a logical guess.  For sure, they seem to have missed cross-referenced dining and larger tables to accommodate multiple cabins together (family or friends traveling together).

There is no evidence they got it right in the MC app.  Some will be correct by luck; others not so much.

Hopefully, more flexibility will be added in future enhancements.  Continuing to tell us the sales promise when the data and functionality indicates otherwise does not instill confidence.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nini said:

I so agree! Why make it so complicated? Either you want ATD or Traditional... good grief!

In the past many cruisers wanted ATD, but wanted to make reservations for their preferred time.

Usually this could be done on board. Sometimes daily, sometimes for the entire cruise.

Making your timed ATD reservations in advance is now available, but you do not have to use that feature (once it really works) unless you want to.

Personally, without know what the scheduling of evening activities is, I would find it hard to select a dining time for each evening of the cruise 6 months to 2 years in advance.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

Personally, without know what the scheduling of evening activities is, I would find it hard to select a dining time for each evening of the cruise 6 months to 2 years in advance.

True.  Although experienced Princess cruisers will know roughly when they can have dinner and make most shows.

You can wait or throw in a time you have usually dined and then adjust on board once the Patter is published.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You can wait or throw in a time you have usually dined and then adjust on board once the Patter is published.

There have already been a number of posts (way in advance of cruising) that say the time they want is not available or that they must change dining rooms several evenings to get the same time each day.

I suspect that trying to change times once on board will result is disappoint with very few time slots available and possibly not close to the time one wants.

18 minutes ago, caribill said:

There have already been a number of posts (way in advance of cruising) that say the time they want is not available or that they must change dining rooms several evenings to get the same time each day.

I suspect that trying to change times once on board will result is disappoint with very few time slots available and possibly not close to the time one wants.

I really think on the far away voyages that the entire inventory is not made available.  Only thing makes sense to me based on available cabins, no wait list prior to the removal from Personalizer, most customers won't even be aware of feature out now.

7 hours ago, caribill said:

In the past many cruisers wanted ATD, but wanted to make reservations for their preferred time.

Usually this could be done on board. Sometimes daily, sometimes for the entire cruise.

Making your timed ATD reservations in advance is now available, but you do not have to use that feature (once it really works) unless you want to.

Why?  The shows are two hours after each traditional sitting starts . If early is 5, the show likely 7 pm. Etc. 

3 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Why?  The shows are two hours after each traditional sitting starts . If early is 5, the show likely 7 pm. Etc. 

As traditional dining in the pre-pandemic/pre "Dine My Way" sense no longer exists, the show time patterns may change.

They converted my traditional Dining reservation for a table of 2, late seating to 6:30 at a table for 4 in the Island Dining Room.  Any change I try to make still defaults to a table of 4 in the Island Dining Room, regardless of the time, regardless of making full cruise or day by day reservations. 

Methinks it may take a few weeks/months for all the kinks to get sorted in the app and that those on the first few sailings are going to be dealing with problems even once onboard.  This whole change is a heaping pile of, well, you know what!

No problems here making reservations for our March voyage on the Enchanted Princess. Got a two top at 5:40 pm in the Santorini Dining room. We were originally listed for anytime so actually we are better off since if we want to cancel and buffet or specialty dine instead, we can cancel that night in the app/ 

5 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Showtimes do vary each evening, depending on the show of that evening.  Yes, there are some standard start times - it's not different every night.  But I think the earliest show time has been 7:30 IIRC.

We have been on cruises with the odd three-show evening.  But normally two.

5 hours ago, oskidunker said:

The key word is "if". Until you board, you do not know for sure what time the traditional seatings (if they do continue to exist) will be.

And on formal evenings the show times may change, but although you might make an educated guess which evenings will be formal ones, you do not know for sure well in advance of the cruise.

1 hour ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

As traditional dining in the pre-pandemic/pre "Dine My Way" sense no longer exists, the show time patterns may change.

They converted my traditional Dining reservation for a table of 2, late seating to 6:30 at a table for 4 in the Island Dining Room.  Any change I try to make still defaults to a table of 4 in the Island Dining Room, regardless of the time, regardless of making full cruise or day by day reservations. 

Methinks it may take a few weeks/months for all the kinks to get sorted in the app and that those on the first few sailings are going to be dealing with problems even once onboard.  This whole change is a heaping pile of, well, you know what!

I see you are on the CB for 12/8.  We are on the 11/27 CB and are having the same problem.  Many nights the system only offers a table for 4 in the Island Dining Room.  It does not matter if you choose 5 PM or 10 PM.  There is ONLY a table for 4.  Hopefully this gets sorted soon.

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Carla Moore said:

I am just the opposite I am a single cruiser and always enjoy meeting new people at dinner and want a large table it keeps setting me at a table for 2 i want a table for 8

You can't argue with the app.  It's just evil. 😉  I am waiting until I'm on the ship to arrange my table.  I'm also stuck at a two-top, but I'd much rather be over there with you and everyone else at the big table.

On 6/10/2021 at 2:19 PM, nyc12345 said:

So frustrating, it doesn't work for me on Android phone or iPad

An error occurred, please try later

What a piece of crap

Is your iPad running IOS13 or later?  I had same issue with my iPhone 6 because I couldn’t update it to IOS13. I ended up using my iPad which has a newer operating system.