Dinning What happened to my table for 2 ? 😡

Jeter02

Have an upcoming Cruise in August on The majestic and the rest of my cruises starting from Thanksgiving all throughout winter on the sky and enchanted.

What is this garbage that I no longer can book a table for two. I've always been an early diner with a 5:00 traditional seating, but all that pops up on the app is seating times for 8:30 and on. I'm an early bird when it comes to bed. I hope to God the matri'd can make an adjustment when I get on board because I don't know what I'm supposed to do now.

Here I am thinking the dining on the app sounded lovely for those who like anytime dinning,  but I thought traditional would have remained traditional. My father and I prefer to always sit alone at a table for two, but all I'm getting are tables for eight or six which is like a nightmare to us. This new setup stinks!

Edited by Jeter02

I agree!!! I'm having the same problem right now and I'm not a happy camper. Where are my tables for two? I refuse to eat up on the Lido. Bring back our traditional dining for us early diners! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Thats weird!! When I go on the medallion to enter my preferences on Dine My Way it defaults to a table for 2 at 5:20!

Well when I put it in on the upper left when it shows my profile picture it does say a table for two but then the option when I'm selecting a Time says table for eight table for six table for however many when I select a different time but none of them had tables for any earlier than like 8:20

I should have said when I went .... now when I go in it wants to put me at a table for 2 at 7. I eat at 6. And as a solo do not want a table for 2. But I can't modify to a table for 6 or 8 unless I want to eat at 7. Guess there all booked out. If your on the 15-August you can have my table

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it were me, I'd see the maitre'd on boarding day and see what could be done.  I've always found them to be accommodating - especially getting us moved away from an adjacent table of loud partiers, or to another table to get away from some especially annoying table mates.  

Anymore, we find the whole MDR dinner experience too loud and too long, so we eat breakfast and lunch in the MDR and go to the buffet for a quick an easy dinner with extra free time to then enjoy the evening.

To each his own, one of the beauties of cruising.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I should have said when I went .... now when I go in it wants to put me at a table for 2 at 7. I eat at 6. And as a solo do not want a table for 2. But I can't modify to a table for 6 or 8 unless I want to eat at 7. Guess there all booked out. If your on the 15-August you can have my table

Awe. You're so sweet. Thank you. However I'm on August 1st but thank you so much for your kindness.

27 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

If it were me, I'd see the maitre'd on boarding day and see what could be done.  I've always found them to be accommodating - especially getting us moved away from an adjacent table of loud partiers, or to another table to get away from some especially annoying table mates.  

Anymore, we find the whole MDR dinner experience too loud and too long, so we eat breakfast and lunch in the MDR and go to the buffet for a quick an easy dinner with extra free time to then enjoy the evening.

Thank you. Yes I'm one of those as well who go immediately on boarding day to the matri'd to get tables adjusted for any reasons that may cause me to visit them. And they have been amazingly accommodating I'm hoping that they can still be accommodating with all these new protocols and guidelines. I think the issue here is the CDC guidelines of capacity allowed in the dining room.

I'm also curious since they're doing this whole dying my way thing for dinner how is anyone supposed to book the main dining room for breakfast or lunch. Because that also is going to need to have the same CDC guidelines I would presume. This is why I don't travel on the other Cruise lines because I don't like having to make reservations for everything the nightmare has become a reality. All I want to do is Cruise. LoL 😂

• Like 1

Wow I knew cruise lines were expanding their programs but this is a first for me.  Silver lining is you can start with a table of 6-8 and end up with 2 by the end of the cruise. hopefully the 2 you prefer. 😎

My experience with the MCC app is that you are offered different random times and different random venues every time you go in.  If I don't see what I want, I back out and try again.  Eventually it pops up with what I want.  Unfortunately so far it hasn't allowed me to confirm.  When I get to that last step, it tells me an error has occurred and to try again later.  😒  I believe they are in the middle of transitioning to this app and it is just not functioning well yet.  Maybe so many of us are trying to do it?  We don't sail until Sept and I'm hoping they will have it ironed out by then.  When we booked our cruises in May, we had early dining for 2 confirmed.  Hoping that will occur if the app never gets itself together. . .

43 minutes ago, nini said:

Worst case, go early to the dining room for Anytime Dining and ask for a table for 2.

We currently have ATD specified on our booking for early 2022 and I am assuming ATD will still be available even with this Dine My Way rollout. True?

I read this post and many others and I think that if I had these problems, I would call my TA whom I have been using for 10 - 15 years and she would take care of the problem.  One more reason to use a TA.

DON

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

I read this post and many others and I think that if I had these problems, I would call my TA whom I have been using for 10 - 15 years and she would take care of the problem.  One more reason to use a TA.

DON

Thank you. However my agent who I've been working with for like 15 plus years says that they don't have the option to switch anything with the dining room as everything is done through the dine your way on The medallion app

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joepeka said:

We currently have ATD specified on our booking for early 2022 and I am assuming ATD will still be available even with this Dine My Way rollout. True?

I had dining table for 2 early traditional on the Personalizer and travel summary. Once I got the app working the Personalizer eliminated it and I got message to. Go to app and choose my dini g

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

DON

or if we did not have FCC only useable on Pr. We could cancel

3 minutes ago, dog said:

I had dining table for 2 early traditional on the Personalizer and travel summary. Once I got the app working the Personalizer eliminated it and I got message to. Go to app and choose my dini g

Well, that stinks. Not sure why the app would wipe out your previous selection and make you choose again - why not just keep what you chose at booking time and let you change it later if you want? SMH....

28 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Thank you. However my agent who I've been working with for like 15 plus years says that they don't have the option to switch anything with the dining room as everything is done through the dine your way on The medallion app

Bummer.  One more reason to switch to a line that does not use the Medallion once you have used up all your FCC.  And to think that Princess says that they are switching to medallions to make life easier for the cruiser when the old way has worked well for years.  Do you think that there is just the slightest possibility that they are lying to us?

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Thanks 1

Do not like this new "Dine My Way/Your Way/Any Way" or whatever the heck it is called and so far really do not like the Medallion App thingy either!  Had late traditional dining confirmed with a table for 6 or more and now my personalizer under Dining Status says "Do Not Display" and when I went into the Medallion App the only option it gave me was to book a table for 2 but on the bright side I could at least elect the time I wanted.  Not cruising until January 2022 so maybe I can get it sorted before then, if not will be sending DH to see the Maître D once on board to what can be done.    

5 minutes ago, BabySarge said:

Not cruising until January 2022 so maybe I can get it sorted before then, if not will be sending DH to see the Maître D once on board to what can be done.    

6 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

6 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Thank you. Yes I'm one of those as well who go immediately on boarding day to the matri'd to get tables adjusted for any reasons that may cause me to visit them. And they have been amazingly accommodating I'm hoping that they can still be accommodating with all these new protocols and guidelines. I think the issue here is the CDC guidelines of capacity allowed in the dining room.

I predict the line up to see the MD on embarkation afternoon are going to be record length on the first cruises and perhaps even a full DR of people will be looking to see him/her.  It will take so long, it won't be over by dinner service. 

• Thanks 1