Two Test Positive On Millenium

morfred

8 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

The CDC required 95% of passengers and 98% of crew to be vaccinated in order for X ships to sail. Under those requirements, the ship is considered 100% vaccinated,

Children on board under the age of 12 cannot be vaccinated, so they fall under the 5% of the total.

I just don't know. Simple math tells me 95% is less than 100%. Who makes up these rules? Just wondering if they passed math in grade school.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Justprettynpink said:

I am having a hard time getting that price drop guarantee....my TA has called twice with me in on the call the 2nd time...they are trying to tell me that if it is after final payment, no price guarantee....still working on it but my poor TA should not have to make multiple calls instead of selling cruises....

There is an online form you fill out and submit.

8 hours ago, dallasdan said:

I have seen a couple of post where it is questioned that the 2 people were really vaccinated.  There is no way for anyone to prove they have been vaccinated as there is not a data base for the cruise line to access.  My 2 good friends were vaccinated at a local pharmacy.  They showed me their vaccination cards, which were filled out by hand.  Someone could make the leap that they faked their vaccination because the cards are hand filled out.  This is a dangerous assumption to make as there will be positive tests for vaccinated passengers and crew.

Our CDC cards are also filled out by hand. I believe thousands of people vaccinated have these same CDC card filled out by hand.

The dining room is set up in it’s standard arrangement. The 2 top next to us is only 6 inches away. The 4 top next to it is maybe 10 inches apart. But there are so few people in the main dining room I’m very confident that you could ask for and be granted a table away from anyone else.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kathy49 said:

I watched some videos from that cruise and masking was clearly not 100% nor can it be at bars and restaurants and chin guards don't work!!

So......there wasn't complete compliance with the masking requirement? The crew was evidently not enforcing the masking requirement. Hmmm.

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

OK, I will try to explain it to you again in simple terms…

Vaccinated person infected - possible but unlikely. 

Vaccinated person infected and transmitting - still possible but very unlikely.

Vaccinated person infected, no symptoms and transmitting it to another vaccinated person - you figure out the likelihood 😉

If you think this is so plausible, you’re questioning vaccination in general..

I think a lot of people are intellectually disconnected from what the believe.

8 hours ago, dallasdan said:

My friends didn't provide any information except their name and date of birth.  No insurance was filed or SS # given.  Don't see how they can prove they were vaccinated if someone questioned the validity of their vaccine card.  

The State of Florida Health Department has my immunization records. That record includes my Moderna vaccinations with the Lot #s of each injection, dates given and location of the shots. I have a copy of my record that was obtained from the Florida Department of Health. I have official proof besides my hand filled in CDC card.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Caught early and hopefully no other passengers or crew members are affected...

Both the live stream from the YT channel previously mentioned and TPG’s reporter (via twitter), both onboard, have reported that the Captain announced all passengers and crew (outside of the 2 positives) have tested negative. Glad to hear this good news!

Best Wishes to All!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

I've said this before - this is like the tree falling in the forest deal.

"If a person has asymptomatic Covid and is never tested, did he/she really have Covid?

Some discussions here yesterday wondered what more clarity there could have been (for test results and vaccine information, too) if only a better distinction was made early on between between the virus, SARS-CoV-2, and the disease, COVID-19. Thankful that the vaccines overwhelmingly prevent the disease.

Edited by syesmar

9 hours ago, dallasdan said:

My friends didn't provide any information except their name and date of birth.  No insurance was filed or SS # given.  Don't see how they can prove they were vaccinated if someone questioned the validity of their vaccine card.  

to get permission to give the vaccine an organization must complete a form. On that form is a unique code. On the CDC vaccination card that code should be in the provider section.

If someone had the information on that card, and a signed medical release form with the name, date of birth of the individual, they could identify the provider and with the name and birth date of the individual, the provider could verify.

The question is more will the  ruise lines perform any spot checks of the validity of the cards. If they also request a signed release of medical information they should, with the card have enough information to do so.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

If you contract COVID on the sailing Celebrity will refund you 100% your cruise fare....cover all medical expenses on the ship....quarantine fees incurred and pay to get you home. I am betting if you are quarantined for contact tracing and test negative if not a full refund....a good % of it will be compensated.

Unfortunately not a good deal.  They cannot pay me for my time and the resulting loss of a vacation.  I will wait until it really is a vacation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Caught early and hopefully no other passengers or crew members are affected...

I would still be comfortable in this situation given the number of passengers and distancing and etc..

I Am thinking that testing is how the passengers were detected, which is good, this gives me confidence in the new system being tried out.

In health and bon voyage

I think that Celebrity did a good job in the situation.  HOWEVER the situation is not up to par for myself to cruise.  I can pretty much go anywhere in the USA without the RESTRICTIONS on the cruise ship.  No quarantine for me on my land travels.  Who wants to be quarantined in their stateroom until they have a negative test?  That would ruin at least one day on the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bajathree said:

Right now if you test positive at the port you will received a full refund. If you cancel for any reason 48hrs prior to sailing you will receive a full future cruise credit. They are even doing price guaranty right now that if cruise fares goes down after final payment you will receive the difference in onboard credit. Where else can you get all this guarantees right now.

What happens if you are contact traced and quarantined in your stateroom until you test negative?  Is there any compensation there?

• Like 1

Question.....Everyone is talking about a CDC card for vaccination. When we got vaccinated in GA, all we got was a 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper signed by the nurse giving the shot. Two shots. Two pieces of paper. We put phots of them on our cell phones and had the originals laminated. There are no sections on the paper to show any additional shots. Is that enough to satisfy the cruise line requirements for vaccinations?

3 minutes ago, baldilocks said:

Question.....Everyone is talking about a CDC card for vaccination. When we got vaccinated in GA, all we got was a 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of paper signed by the nurse giving the shot. Two shots. Two pieces of paper. We put phots of them on our cell phones and had the originals laminated. There are no sections on the paper to show any additional shots. Is that enough to satisfy the cruise line requirements for vaccinations?

Have you tried contacting the organization that vaccinated you, and asked them about getting a CDC card?

Following the link to the CDC recommendation on post 473, the previous page entitled COVID 19 Notices.....it seems that we should avoid travel to any level 4 country, and be sure we are fully vaccinated in order to travel to a level 3, 2, or 1 country.  Anotherwords, according to the CDC the entire world is a danger for travelers right now.  
Looking at the worlometers.info website, St. Maarten has had 2518 cases and 31 deaths since counting began.....they are number 182 on the list of 222 countries....doesn’t seem that big of a threat in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, nocl said:

Have you tried contacting the organization that vaccinated you, and asked them about getting a CDC card?

My husband and I were vaccinated in Georgia and received a small card with all necessary information on it.  When we went for the 2nd vaccine, we had to take our card and the appropriate info was added to it.  I've really never heard of anyone being given what you have.  Perhaps they ran out of cards.  I would try to check it out with someone.  If you had it done at a pharmacy, perhaps they would be willing to get you the card.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Do they share bodily fluids?

I believe they picked up the virus on the flight to the ship.  5-6 day average incubation period would be about right for this cruise.

5 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I didn't know that.  Thank you for sharing.  Still seems like quite the hassle and not very relaxing.  I am anxious to read the reviews of those coming back from this cruise.

3 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

It would seem to be that the way to get around some of the contract tracing and restrictions would be to book non ship excursions.  The TPG person that was quarantined waiting a negative test was on a ship sponsored excursion with the person that tested positive. 

11 minutes ago, jelayne said:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/celebrity-millennium-cruise-ship-covid/

Here is the article.  Somehow I don't think that I would have been as optimistic/positive about the situation.  Not a fun time in my book.  However the travel blogger is very positive.  I guess that is what she gets paid for.

This has thrown a whole new wrinkle into cruising.  The idea that you are quarantined in your cabin until you test negative.

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I wish people would stop accusing these two passengers of lying about their vaccinations/falsifying their cards.  Is it possible that happened?  Yes it is not without a possibility.  But there is no evidence (at least so far) to suggest that this is the case.  I don't know about where everyone on these boards is coming from but here in the US a person is innocent until proven guilty.  If it turns out to be the case, fine, criticize then.  But for now let's wait until the facts are in.  We all remember what facts are, right?

I haven't noticed anybody accusing the 2 people.  But as folks who want to see the cruise industry come back successfully, faked vaccinations would probably be the best case scenario.

• Like 1