Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

One reservation per person. You need an individual test result for each person. 

Thanks! Just trying to figure out how to register our 10 year old who doesn’t have email when I have to use my email for me

Glad you had a great cruise!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Well,,, that's a wrap. Thank you for joining the Bird on Royal Caribbean's first North American cruise after the pandemic shutdown. The Royal Come Back was a great success. Royal Caribbean executed all aspect of this first cruise to perfection. And I am serious when I say perfection. And the cruise greatly exceeded our expectations. 

Thanks so much for your great review of your cruise Bird and all the wonderful photos -- it was really great to go along with you on the journey.

Safe travels....

1 hour ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Thanks! Just trying to figure out how to register our 10 year old who doesn’t have email when I have to use my email for me

is your email a gmail? if so you could have unlimited emails by adding a + and random content such as hi@gmail.com hi+1@gmail.com hi+son@gmail.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

You are only provided hard copy results. No email. The medical company asks for a few details (address, phone, email) to create a record for the test. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They won't let new standups try it during free time in order to protect the staff from the rider by avoiding physical contact but it is not important to protect the staff when the newbie is paying for the time. That was the point of the post I responded to. I know private lessons have been available in the past.

Thanks for your explanation.  I now understand what you were stating.  Have a great day

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

How exceptionally bad was the wi-fi?  If one needed to work onboard - think email, Microsoft Word documents - how possible would this be?  

It will be much better now with so few on board. Your use case should be fine.

10 minutes ago, JCDCA said:

How exceptionally bad was the wi-fi?  If one needed to work onboard - think email, Microsoft Word documents - how possible would this be?  Thanks.  

The wifi on Adventure can be very frustrating at times. Remember the days of dial up? 

19 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you want to be completely safe, use a power outlet instead.  There's risk in almost everything you do in life and I think the risk of a using a USB port on a cruise ship is less than in a public place like an airport.  Risk is the combination of the probability of something happening and the impact should it happen.  The probability of a USB port problem on a cruise ship is low.  You'd need to determine if that outweighs the impact of something on your phone getting compromised.

thanks for the feedback and info.  Have a great day

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

The wifi on Adventure can be very frustrating at times. Remember the days of dial up? 

Yikes.  I was hoping with all the vloggers getting it out of their system it might improve. I’d of course spring for the more expensive version.  Thanks.  

19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That plug should be fine, not only will it unlikely to have a data connection, it is unlikely RCI will want to hack your mobile device. 

thanks for the feedback.  Have a great day

1 minute ago, JCDCA said:

Yikes.  I was hoping with all the vloggers getting it out of their system it might improve. I’d of course spring for the more expensive version.  Thanks.  

Maybe it will be better, like Biker said, if you are on a reduced capacity cruise. I'm just posting from my past experience on the ship.

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They won't let new standups try it during free time in order to protect the staff from the rider by avoiding physical contact but it is not important to protect the staff when the newbie is paying for the time. That was the point of the post I responded to. I know private lessons have been available in the past.

What?

Oh no.  We used to love to sit in the flo-rider grandstands and watch during the 'free time.  The best part was the "new standups."  I finally tried several times only to last about 45 seconds to a minute, but it was a blast.  My wife enjoyed recording the tries and especially the falls and the swoop up over the top of the wave (and, of course, sending the videos to the kids and grandkids as soon as possible).  🙄

Over the years, the "free time" became dominated by the significantly skilled who could go on and on.  Although admired the talent, it took away from the time given to less skilled.  

Thanks for the update though.

Edited by At Sea At Peace

On 6/14/2021 at 4:38 AM, LindaO said:

I'm not on board... but here is the letter in the cabin.   Also, no special dining area for Pinnacles in the Dining room for breakfast, but from what I've read there is no need as there are at about 33% capacity.  

This with the 6 free drinks up to USD 13 each daily is a great new benefit. What about D and D+?

11 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

What?

Oh no.  We used to love to sit in the flo-rider grandstands and watch during the 'free time.  The best part was the "new standups."  I finally tried several times only to last about 45 seconds to a minute, but it was a blast.  My wife enjoyed recording the tries and especially the falls and the swoop up over the top of the wave (and, of course, sending the videos to the kids and grandkids as soon as possible).  🙄

Over the years, the "free time" became dominated by the significantly skilled who could go on and on.  Although admired the talent, it took away from the time given to less skilled.  

Thanks for the update though.

I suspect it won't take too long for things to revert back to normal. I agree, the newbies are fun to watch.