Adventure of the Seas – The First Voyage

39 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

It's not just Adventure, Quantum has been doing 5his too.  

OK. So? The point is the changes are published as being part of the current safety protocols. They have not said they are permanent. That doesn't change what I said. I still believe it will be made permanent, or something similar. Not sure why you feel the need to argue about it. I was just expressing my opinion. It really didn't warrant this much discussion.

12 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

And if you want to skip the appetizers and do all the entrees.........

I've got mine all picked out, I'm having that fried Lobster sandwich and the Ceviche and Caesar of course, Their Caesar is always at my plate, I have loved it for years.  They have discontinued the hand shaved Parm on most ships, but I ask for it and they bring it.  Then I think I'll have the rum cake!🥰

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RoamingRetirees said:

OK. So? The point is the changes are published as being part of the current safety protocols. They have not said they are permanent. That doesn't change what I said. I still believe it will be made permanent, or something similar. Not sure why you feel the need to argue about it. I was just expressing my opinion. It really didn't warrant this much discussion.

Not arguing, just stating a current fact.  Who knows what will happen down the road, so chill.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI has planned to return to cruising all ships since April 2020.

I'm sorry let me clarify my question.  I meant to ask;  when does RC plan to have 100% occupancy?  Right now Adventure is sailing at 35%

Just now, AF-1 said:

I'm sorry let me clarify my question.  I meant to ask;  when does RC plan to have 100% occupancy?  Right now Adventure is sailing at 35%

I don't think I have seen anything about how they intend to increase capacity if they are going to do it incrementally or all at once.  I think the Adventure cruises it was capacity plus demand. This weeks cruise population is lower than last weeks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

I'm sorry let me clarify my question.  I meant to ask;  when does RC plan to have 100% occupancy?  

Let me clarify then, what RCI plans to do has not lined up with reality for the past 15 months.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Got it.  Thanks and have a wonderful day

I read, somewhere but I can’t recall exactly where — maybe on Matt’s blog — that the short term plan is to increase gradually.  This was specific to the summer AOS sailings, and obviously not set in stone.  

51 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

to do it incrementally or all at once

Personally, I think after all the test cruises are done, they will amend the occupancy thing.  Right now, just being compliant and seeing if it all goes as planned.   I will bet August as the month of normalcy, if there is such a thing now! 🤪

Edited by BecciBoo

On 6/12/2021 at 7:18 PM, BirdTravels said:

Lot’s of these (below) in MDR and QR menus (they have disposable paper menus for those technology challenged)

9E3BC5DE-8EFC-470E-B53E-C398BC0F7114.thumb.jpeg.9587216c5f8a7ade77ceb2f65b2182a7.jpeg

167328BB-A7A0-4329-8362-47EE17E1FADF.jpeg

FYI - This QRI code still works! Great seeing all of the nighty menus. 

• Like 1

One thing I always ask about and thought the best dessert onboard (as a diabetic) was the Sugarfree Coconut Cake.  For some unknown reason, they discontinued it and added a nasty coconut cake with Chinese plums in it...isch!

35 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Personally, I think after all the test cruises are done, they will amend the occupancy thing.  Right now, just being compliant and seeing if it all goes as planned.   I will bet August as the month of normalcy, if there is such a thing now! 🤪

Whatever the prrcentage is, I hope they reach it to open dinner in the Windjammer before I sail in January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

FYI - This QRI code still works! Great seeing all of the nighty menus. 

You also just use the Royal app that has the menus for the week loaded in it at the beginning.

I think one of our party scanned the QR code and it opened the Royal app. (obviously it would need to be installed)

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

One thing I always ask about and thought the best dessert onboard (as a diabetic) was the Sugarfree Coconut Cake.  For some unknown reason, they discontinued it and added a nasty coconut cake with Chinese plums in it...isch!

They accidentally lost a whole pallet of sugar in Freeport (went in the drink) so I would guess the June 19th sailing is having more sugar free options. LOL

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, NightOne said:

I think one of our party scanned the QR code and it opened the Royal app. (obviously it would need to be installed)

Yes. That is exactly what happened when I scanned the code on this blog. We sail July 17th. I am not sure if it will be the same menus or not. Time will tell. PS I also scanned the other QR code posted here. Glad I did!