When do you provide proof of vaccination

npb

14 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

But how's your 5G?  That's going to save you fortune on ship to shore calls.

I will plan on having worldwide video conferencing, sharing the daily cruise experience with thousands....maybe millions. I personally will be the GPS provider for ship location so that the Captain can't arbitrarily change course while inputting a phony direction for all to see. I'll be going one way, the ship the other. Watch me, I'll show you the way. Possibilities are endless.

On a side note, DW and I have recovered $321.58 from local beaches. An Omega watch and 4 three penny nails as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/14/2021 at 12:55 PM, colliece said:

That is not the correct interpretation of the law, the law does not say that vaccine status cannot be checked, it just says it cannot be required for entry or service.  Here is the section from the bill:

1326         381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation.—
 1327         (1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include
 1328  any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or
 1329  customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19
 1330  vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry
 1331  upon, or service from the business operations in this state.
 1332  This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from
 1333  instituting screening protocols in accordance with state or
 1334  federal law to protect public health.

Is there any truth to the rumor that I am starting with this post that Celebrity plans to provide full service to non-vaccinated passengers "in this state [Florida]" and to then drop all non-vaccinated passengers off in a life boat as soon as the ship leaves Florida waters?  

I'm glad Colliece posted the statutory language, so I could read the technicalities and come up with this rumor!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry to ask this…I know cruisers in the know know…but I’ve purposely not read anything about cruising for a year.  I’m now thinking about booking Edge.  Am I correct that as a US citizen driving to the port from Georgia, that all I need is our vaccine cards?  No negative tests?

On 6/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, rucrazy said:

I understand I can use the app.. My dh not so much....

I wonder if the app will allow me to check-in for both of us.. I kinda doubt it

I have the app and started the checkin for our 7/17 cruise.  It did allow me to check in for my husband.  I scanned in his  passport and will add his “selfie”  at some point. He will add the app to his phone before we go. 

On 6/14/2021 at 6:26 PM, Arzeena said:

When I booked, two days ago, I told them that DH and I were vaccinated and had proof.

The invoice I received has a new line under both our names under all the discounts and packages: VACCINATED: YES

Was also told during a conversation about this that you can volunteer any info you want and it will be noted.

Same for me. When I booked I was asked 2 questions: Would you like to say if you are vaccinated? If yes are you willing to show documentation of your vaccination status? My invoice shows my responses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 4:13 PM, KikisDad said:

I checked in for the 7/30 Millennium and they did not ask for vaccine info. I assume they will check at the port

We checked in last week for our July 17 cruise. I agree with your assumption.

Passengers are required to bring their vaccination cards with them. If you cannot, or refuse to, show proof of vaccination X will count you as unvaccinated.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We checked in last week for our July 17 cruise. I agree with your assumption.

Passengers are required to bring their vaccination cards with them. If you cannot, or refuse to, show proof of vaccination X will count you as unvaccinated.

What are the consequences if over 5% don't comply?  Will they be left in Fort Lauderdale? 

2 minutes ago, npb said:

What are the consequences if over 5% don't comply?  Will they be left in Fort Lauderdale? 

This honestly shouldn't be an issue because Celebrity has stated that you have to be vaxxed if your 12+.   Of course I'm sure there are people who will try to take advantage of the Florida law.  I'm still waiting for someone to sue Florida over it.

Yes in the US Celebrity is bound by the CDC to not sail with more than 5% unvaccinated.  They have said persons eligible to be vaccinated who don't or can't provide verification will be added to the unvaccinated roster including additional testing, protocols, and costs, and may be denied boarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes in the US Celebrity is bound by the CDC to not sail with more than 5% unvaccinated.  They have said persons eligible to be vaccinated who don't or can't provide verification will be added to the unvaccinated roster including additional testing, protocols, and costs, and may be denied boarding.

Thank you!

Children under 12 will also be added to the 5% group.

Edited by C-Dragons

Prior to 8/1 it will be unvaccinated under 18 and they will have priority in  the 5% group as they will be a known quantity at booking time.   I'm not sure even if under 18 is vaccinated prior to 8/1 will they be considered vaccinated and not have to have testing at the pier (although at Celebrity's expense). 

One thing I don't have to worry about.  Far cry from 18!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Thank you!

Children under 12 will also be added to the 5% group.

That’s what I was told at the time I booked our cruise on Summit for September. We have two children under 12 and I had our TA call Celebrity before I made my payment to confirm that they’d be allowed to sail. She said that if at the time of booking, the system will accept the booking with under 12 children, that means that the sailing is still under 5% and the children will be automatically added to the count. I hope that the information that I received is accurate!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

This honestly shouldn't be an issue because Celebrity has stated that you have to be vaxxed if your 12+.   Of course I'm sure there are people who will try to take advantage of the Florida law.  I'm still waiting for someone to sue Florida over it.

Yeah its interesting what will happen this first cruise when the ship is full for the 5% and they just close the unvaccinated line.  I suspect there will be some animated people.  Celebrity is still working on their app to allow uploading of vaccination proof.  Once that happens it will be much easier to know when the ship is full earlier and antics at the port can be avoided.

Just spoke with a concierge. They'll call each passenger and ask if they agree to release the fact whether they've been vaccinated or not to determine if the ship meets the 95% vaccination requirement. They noted our account appropriately. You can bring proof (your card) to check-in. I'm wondering if it will be cancelled if they're at 94% or less.

On 6/14/2021 at 3:55 PM, colliece said:

That is not the correct interpretation of the law, the law does not say that vaccine status cannot be checked, it just says it cannot be required for entry or service.  Here is the section from the bill:

1326         381.00316 COVID-19 vaccine documentation.—
 1327         (1) A business entity, as defined in s. 768.38 to include
 1328  any business operating in this state, may not require patrons or
 1329  customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19
 1330  vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry
 1331  upon, or service from the business operations in this state.
 1332  This subsection does not otherwise restrict businesses from
 1333  instituting screening protocols in accordance with state or
 1334  federal law to protect public health.

Celebrity says if you choose not to share your status they will consider you un-vaccinated and put you in the 5% pool.  If you do share you go in the 95 % pool.  Celebrity is clearing meeting the requirements of the law and the CDC sailing guidelines.  

We were told we will show at port for our 7/3 sailing, and you will do the health screening on the app the day before departure.  

Not what is unclear is what they will do once they hit the 5% cap, I assume people will be turned away, which will be entertaining to watch if you ask me.

Yes, very entertaining to watch, just like the ship runners in ports as the ship is ready to depart!!! LOL

In health and bon voyage

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2021 at 4:42 PM, rucrazy said:

I understand I can use the app.. My dh not so much....

I wonder if the app will allow me to check-in for both of us.. I kinda doubt it

You can use their phone to check them in...

I often do it for my spouse...

In health and bon voyage

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

You can use their phone to check them in...

I often do it for my spouse...

Thank you Bo... first I would have to get their password to download the app! (That's why I wanted to check us both in on my phone!

• Haha 1

Just now, rucrazy said:

Thank you Bo... first I would have to get their password to download the app! (That's why I wanted to check us both in on my phone!

You mean to say that you do not know the passwords to every site??? LOL

Yeah, I know the passwords to just about every site and can easily guess the others...

Get to work on that since you are the tech guru in your house!!!

bon voyage

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

You mean to say that you do not know the passwords to every site??? LOL

Of course I know .. I set them up.... I was be facetious  😎

Edited by rucrazy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it is pretty clear there will be chaos at the port when guests are told to present their original CDC vaccination record card if they want to be considered vaccinated. For those who have been keeping up daily with cruise news, we will present our original CDC card and go happily on our way. However, we can expect there will be a huge number of people bollocksing up the works arguing:

• "The injection guy told me to take a photo with my phone and that was just as good!"
  • "They weren't giving them out where I got my shots!"
  • "They didn't do those in my state!"
  • "I left it at home!"
  • "I've got one but I'm not going to show it! <launches into political debate>"
  • "It is in my luggage which I've already given over to the stevedore!"
  • "This is outrageous! We are in a suite and were told we wouldn't need it. Let me talk to your supervisor right now!"
  • "Doris, do you have it? No, Linda has them for our whole group. Which Linda? Linda Smith .. I think she went to the restroom. But didn't she hand them to Ed? I told her too! No, they are all in Carol's carry-on. Where's Carol? I think she went to the restroom with Linda. No, Carol's flight got delayed. She's still in Pittsburg." 
Edited by publicpersona
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I think it is pretty clear there will be chaos at the port when guests are told to present their original CDC vaccination record card if they want to be considered vaccinated. For those who have been keeping up daily with cruise news, we will present our original CDC card and go happily on our way. However, we can expect there will be a huge number of people bollocksing up the works arguing:

• "The injection guy told me to take a photo with my phone and that was just as good!"
  • "They weren't giving them out where I got my shots!"
  • "They didn't do those in my state!"
  • "I left it at home!"
  • "I've got one but I'm not going to show it! <launches into political debate>"
  • "It is in my luggage which I've already given over to the stevedore!"
  • "This is outrageous! We are in a suite and were told we wouldn't need it. Let me talk to your supervisor right now!"
  • "Doris, do you have it? No, Linda has them for our whole group. Which Linda? Linda Smith .. I think she went to the restroom. But didn't she hand them to Ed? I told her too! No, they are all in Carol's carry-on. Where's Carol? I think she went to the restroom with Linda. No, Carol's flight got delayed. She's still in Pittsburg." 

X states in the information each guest receives for online check in that you have to bring your original vaccination card with you for check in at the pier. Since they’ve been forewarned there shouldn’t be any chaos. 😉

• Like 1