Serenade is on the move

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So the first stop is Sitka at 4pm? that's a weird time to port???

I believe that 1600 time is GMT - she made into port about 8AM local. She was doing 24 kn for some time this morning to get there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We have sailed on Serenade several times.   I cannot imagine only 630 guests.   No chair hogs and no worries about getting a window seat for meals.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

According to the travel writer quoted in the previous post the ship has 630 passengers which is 25%.  He quotes an unnamed Royal executive in the article.

Makes you wonder doesn't it how more sailings they can afford to let leave Seattle like that?

Edited by Jimbo

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Makes you wonder doesn't it how more sailings they can afford to let leave Seattle like that?

Has nothing to do with affordability and everything to do with the political and practical importance of showing that cruising is viable in the current environment. 

1 minute ago, Jonbiloh said:

Has nothing to do with affordability and everything to do with the political and practical importance of showing that cruising is viable in the current environment. 

Okay , lets sail like this for a whole year.

On July 30 the Ovation will do it's test cruise from Seattle.  It will be interesting how many they have onboard for that one.  I will report back.

On a side note.  The Pride of America was at dock in Astoria, Oregon yesterday.  I did do not know it they are carrying passengers.

6 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Serenade is sailing today(July 26, 2026) with passengers using for the first time the Tracelet wrist band (looks like a watch).  This device is for passenger contact tracing if necessary.

PXL_20210726_183640402.jpg

Are you on Serenade or did you get this info somewhere else?

On 7/25/2021 at 4:46 PM, Blizzard54 said:

On July 30 the Ovation will do it's test cruise from Seattle.  It will be interesting how many they have onboard for that one.  I will report back.

On a side note.  The Pride of America was at dock in Astoria, Oregon yesterday.  I did do not know it they are carrying passengers.

Cool port, we checked out the house they used there from the movie "The Gonnies"

• Like 1