The Daily for Friday Jun 18, 2021

richwmn

59 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Sandi, I’m glad you made it safely to St. Louis.  

If I don’t do this now, I’ll forget it.  The locals have a regular big bus that they sell tickets to  Olympia and back.  You can’t miss them as they outside the first group of buildings across from the dock.  In 2019 it was €8-10 round trip.  My advice is to check with several “sellers” as they have different prices for the same bus.  You need to be off the ship early.  Our bus left at 9 am and they picked us up in Olympia at noon.  This does not include the entrance fee to the museum or the grounds.  This beat the ship tour prices and the €90 to rent a car.  The two ours in Olympia was plenty of time for us

Lenda

Thanks Lenda!  And I appreciate the instructions on what to do.  Very helpful.🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, kazu said:

Sadly, I have.  My kazu had puppy strangles when he was a puppy.  It’s very rare but of course we were the lucky ones.  The rest of his litter escaped.  Upper respiratory, pancreatitis, swollen throat and steroids.  He was under my care for 8 weeks with 3 times a week to the vet to check.  He wasn’t allowed to leave the property as he had no immune system.  

The blessing was he was young and it was caught fast.  An older dog?  Yup, Fox had that and it was really tricky but worked out.  Prayers for Gracie 🙏🏻. Our fur babies are part of the family and any illness is trying. 😔 

So glad your pups were able to recover from their issues with it.  Praying the same happens for Gracie.  My daughter is very, very attached to her.🐶

• Like 5

I decided to splurge today and bought the scallops.   I cooked them on the grill and put them on a salad.  Great dinner!

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad you made it safely.   I understand your DD wanting to be there.   It is at times like this that we sometimes need to nest.  Having family members around helps immensely.  

@mamaofami I hope all went well with Sam's doctors today.

@cat shepard You will love the trip to Iceland.  I wish I was going back.   I tried to talk my sister into going if our Norway cruise was cancelled, but she didn't bite.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

When the time come, be brave and smell the roses. I’m here for you!😉

I don’t know if my roses will be blooming yet, but I’ll enjoy the other flowers 🤣 😂 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

So glad your pups were able to recover from their issues with it.  Praying the same happens for Gracie.  My daughter is very, very attached to her.🐶

I now how much that attachment means.  I will pray for Gracie.  I’ve been down the path of worry before too many times and I really hope and pray she recovers 🙏🏻 🐩 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We were up at 3 am today and out the door by 4 am.  We arrived at the airport in St. Louis at 1 pm central time just as our son's flight arrived from Detroit.  Picked him up and we grabbed a bag of food to eat at the hotel.  So we made it this far safely and it was helped along with the good wishes and prayers of the many folks here.  Thank you so much!  We are all a little tired to say the least.

Best wishes Sandi!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, superoma said:

@Overhead Fred just read that the border will be closed until the end of July. I really hope you can make it over in august. If that becomes possible and if you cross at Detroit please let me know. You would be more than welcome to break your trip up at our house in Windsor.

Thanks for the info, I'll do some digging on the internet for more border crossing details.

We usually enter Canada at Sault Ste Marie, drive to Sudbury, drop south to Parry Sound and through the Muskokas (always stop for a couple of Growlers at the Muskoka Brewery in Bracebridge!), and on through Minden, Bobcaygeon, and Buckhorn to Deer Bay. 

We have talked about trying the Detroit/Windsor/Toronto route. When we do try it, I'll be sure to let you know! 

• Like 4