Florida wins injunction over CDC's CSO

Just now, Pratique said:

Nothing changes until July 18 (or sooner if CDC modifies the order).

Agreed. But I do not think the CDC is just going to slink away. Although that seems to be the consensus here. Or at least the desire. 

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

Agreed. But I do not think the CDC is just going to slink away. Although that seems to be the consensus here. Or at least the desire. 

I agree with a lot of what the court said, especially about how the CDC has still not gone through proper rulemaking. But I also saw the judge reaching on a lot of things, and citing a lot of stuff that is not binding on the court in support of it's decision. The DOJ has their work cut out for them.

10 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Apparently the people who think all cruising restrictions should be lifted haven't learned.

I'm fine with a modified cruise for a few months as we finally control this mess we're in. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm fine with a modified cruise for a few months as we finally control this mess we're in. 

Curious how you feel about Adventure's first voyage. I'm on the fence, it didn't sound as much fun as it should have been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

Well they tried already. So why should it work the second time?

I was going to say that the reason it could work now is that one side now holds the hammer and the other side is backpedalling on a daily basis which might encourage them to be reasonable in their position.  But on reflection I think I reconsidered.  You are right mediation will be meaningless at this point.  We'll see what happens 7/2/21.  Do they attempt to bring some science to the table or do they just let the CSO lapse into an advisory role.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pratique said:

Curious how you feel about Adventure's first voyage. I'm on the fence, it didn't sound as much fun as it should have been.

Followed the Live thread, some FB posts, and watched some video. Seemed fine to me.

Definetely more fun than living though the past 15 months

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I agree with a lot of what the court said, especially about how the CDC has still not gone through proper rulemaking. But I also saw the judge reaching on a lot of things, and citing a lot of stuff that is not binding on the court in support of it's decision. The DOJ has their work cut out for them.

I agree with that as well. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Followed the Live thread, some FB posts, and watched some video. Seemed fine to me.

Definetely more fun than living though the past 15 months

Sorry the past 15 months have been tough. I miss cruising but otherwise life has been pretty normal for us. Biggest difference was working from home and more takeout food than usual. All the other stuff (masks, testing, distancing) has just been a minor nuisance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

That's not how mediation works.

I know how mediation works. When mediation fails, and the judge is forced to decide on whatever new rules the CDC comes up with, as Florida is unwilling to compromise, Florida is stuck with whatever the judge says.

Just now, BlerkOne said:

I know how mediation works. When mediation fails, and the judge is forced to decide on whatever new rules the CDC comes up with, as Florida is unwilling to compromise, Florida is stuck with whatever the judge says.

You're jumping ahead and assuming mediation fails again. I said mediation has already been tried and failed. I don't know why the court is ordering them back to the table a second time.

18 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

But so is the CDC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is really huge for the cruise industry.  As I understand it, if the CDC proposes a new order, they will have to prove that what they intend to impose on the ships is supported by science and show their methodology. Good luck with that.

-- Kevin

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One error the judge made was in thinking cruise ships are transportation, which they are not.

Several time the judge made reference to cruising in other parts of the world, so if the CDC copies those restrictions, including masks, ship excursions, regular tests, etc, the judge would have a hard time ruling against.

• Like 1

With the great divide I see here, I am happy that I don’t have a cruise until March of next year.

I’m starting to wonder, if these debates carry onto the ship will it even leave the dock.  I’m not sure if our combined love of cruising can eclipse these discussions.  I guess we will see as ships eventually depart from the states.

Like I said, I’m glad I don’t have a cruise booked for a long time to come. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

With the great divide I see here, I am happy that I don’t have a cruise until March of next year.

I’m starting to wonder, if these debates carry onto the ship will it even leave the dock.  I’m not sure if our combined love of cruising can eclipse these discussions.  I guess we will see as ships eventually depart from the states.

Wish we didn't have a September cruise in 2021.......even though it leaves from Europe(Rome-Civitavecchia).........I still don't feel good about it.....

I still think they should have waited start cruising again, until January 2022.

Edited by Jimbo

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'm hoping this is all hot steam online and in person people will keep their bearings. However if there's violence, it's the poor employees trying to enforce cruise line policy that are going to get the brunt of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wish we didn't have a September cruise in 2021.......even though it leaves from Europe(Rome-Civitavecchia).........I still don't feel good about it.....

Your cruise might not be too bad. TAs are normally not very busy and this year even less crowds. Might actually be the only itinerary I'd be actually happy to take 🙂

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Some people who claimed to be legal experts swore up and down that Ron DeSantis would be laughed out of court. I wonder who’s laughing now. 

Yup,no where to be found now…….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1