The Daily for Sunday Jun 20, 2021

richwmn

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Granddads here.  This morning after DD headed home to Ohio, DH, DS and I went out for breakfast which was quite enjoyable.  Then after we dropped him off at the airport and headed to Ohio, too.  Arriving several hours after DD did, she left with her DH and youngest child to attend her in-law's 50th anniversary celebration.  We are staying home here with granddog Gracie who still seems under the weather.  Very quiet, just lying here on the sofa with me.  Earlier she was licking her shaved skin above her paw where the IVs go in and I made her stop immediately.  After all, I've seen probably every episode of The Incredible Dr. Pol so I know that can make the skin raw!🐶

Happy Anniversary to @St. Louis Saland her DH!

@mamaofamiglad to hear your DH is alright after his fall yesterday.  Same thing was relayed to us yesterday about DMIL.  She woke up and tried to get out of bed by herself to go to the restroom, which she absolutely cannot do.  Not only can she not walk by herself, she probably can't see where she is headed either.  No damage to her though, miraculously.  Yesterday in her chat with DH and DS she told him she had been gardening outside the day before and her house was being painted too.  Of course, none of that is true, but at least she was awake to enjoy their visit!

@Horizon chaser 1957what wonderful news about both your DD's coming home!  I know how thrilled you must be.  Enjoy this summer visit with them.

• Like 20

38 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

......................... After all, I've seen probably every episode of The Incredible Dr. Pol so I know that can make the skin raw!🐶

Didn't know you were also a Dr. Jan Pol fan 😉 

Court rules against Dr. Pol, a former Mayville resident – tuscolatoday.com

• Like 16

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

Absolutely!  I've learned tons about animals from watching his program.  He's awesome!

Yup, been watching him and his fellow vets and office staff for several years now. I always cringe when dogs come in the clinic with a face full of quills from a porcupine encounter that the docs have to remove/pull out one at a time. The dogs always lose 😬

Meet all Dr. Pol staff in 2020. – Tvstarbio

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Yup, been watching him and his fellow vets and office staff for several years now. I always cringe when dogs come in the clinic with a face full of quills from a porcupine encounter that the docs have to remove/pull out one at a time. The dogs always lose 😬

Meet all Dr. Pol staff in 2020. – Tvstarbio

They feel like family to me now.  I miss Dr. Emily.  And yes, those quills are something else.  They have said some of those dogs come in over and over with porcupine quills on their muzzles and never learn to stay away.  They even had a cow with some once.

• Like 9

@St. Louis SalHappy Anniversary!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.

Today is also our DS's birthday.  We enjoyed a patio lunch with him and his son, as we are now allowed to have 10 people together outside. 

We have been on the White Pass RR, but have  not been to Whitehorse.  Regarding the picture posted with the Canadian and American flags.  Our son's friend was a border guard at Fraser, B.C., where you get off the train and switch to a bus.  Population....12  border guards.  And their families.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

They feel like family to me now.  I miss Dr. Emily.  And yes, those quills are something else.  They have said some of those dogs come in over and over with porcupine quills on their muzzles and never learn to stay away.  They even had a cow with some once.

When we moved to Montana in 1998, we got a visit from a fellow rancher. He introduced himself and then said he shot a porcupine in our corral. He said his prize horse had gotten quills in his muzzle and eyes and he tracked him to our property and shot it. Allen went out the next morning to get it and estimated it was 25 pounds. 

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

When we moved to Montana in 1998, we got a visit from a fellow rancher. He introduced himself and then said he shot a porcupine in our corral. He said his prize horse had gotten quills in his muzzle and eyes and he tracked him to our property and shot it. Allen went out the next morning to get it and estimated it was 25 pounds. 

Yikes!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Wow 😱 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ger_77 said:

@St. Louis Sal Happy 51st Anniversary to you and your DH!

@Horizon chaser 1957 I'm delighted to hear your DD is coming home for a while!  I remember when our son lived in Tokyo (nearly 8 long years), I couldn't wait for the message that he'd be home for a brief visit.  You must be over the moon that not only one, but you'll have both your DD's home together.  I couldn't be happier for you!

We returned from the annual Father's Day cemetery clean-up (I mentioned the number of participants has dwindled over the years), with only 7 people in attendance this year.  No worries though, the little cemetery is looking neat and tidy once more with all the graves being swept off, the grass mowed, and the flowers have been replaced once more.  Now it's time for DH to for an afternoon siesta and we'll be looking at leftovers from last night later in the afternoon.  Enjoy the day!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Bless you for doing the care for the cemetery, Gerry ♥️ 

• Like 5

@St. Louis Sal  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY 🥂 🌹

@Horizon chaser 1957  Enjoy your visits with your DDs

You can add us to the list of Dr. Pol fans.  We’ve learned a lot watching the show, including the fact we don’t want to own cows. 🤣

We had a nice visit with the DDs and their guy’s.  Finally got to see the older DD’s house they bought the end of 2019.  We like it and what they’ve done with it.  It was nicest seeing younger DD and her SO after two years.  We also got to meet the new granddog, Bee.  She’s a sweet puppy and has already learned a few tricks.  Bee was 8 pounds when the started fostering her.  She’s now 24 pounds.

We’ve driven the Top of the World Highway twice. The first time in “Beautiful Downtown Chicken” we asked where we could turn the 34 foot motorhome and tow car around.  They sent us to the air strip with the advice to be quick as the pilot was leaving in 15 minutes to go pick up the mail.

In 2001, we also drove up the Dempster Highway to Inuvik in the Northwest Territories just after the breakup of the rivers.  That we camped at the Arctic Circle going and coming.

Lenda

• Like 17

11 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all! 

Happy Father’s Day to any and all fathers here on the Daily! Today is also our wedding anniversary (51 years) so DH gets a double celebration. Two years ago we were on an Alaskan cruise on this day with friends who also got married June 20, 1970.

Tonight we will be celebrating at the Level Two Steakhouse (with a nice glass of red wine). 

Prayers for all who need them 🙏 and celebrations as well 🍷. Take care all.

St Louis Sal

Congratulations on your 51st Anniversary.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

And a  Very Happy Anniversary to @St. Louis Sal maybe on your next cruise go for a Renewal  of Vows like we did on the Koningsdam , I can recommend it , it was wonderful and this time I did not have to promise anything ...........

We renewed our vows, I think it was our 45th. I need to look it up, but I’m not home with my pictures. At the time, the cost was quite reasonable for what you received. What amazed me though, being a June bride, I thought there would be a bunch of us at the ceremony. There was just us! We had a lovely private cocktail time with the captain and the party planner and a couple other officers. We had music from the piano bar guy (who played anything we asked for). We did the vow renewal and then had cake and champagne. It was so nice.

St Louis Sal

• Like 4