What will be off-limits onboard to unvaccinated passengers?

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Your name is not protected under HIPAA.  Your medical information is.  They can have you sign in or "shout" your name in the waiting room, as long as they don't add a notation or "shout" that you have a communicable disease. 😉

Actually, your full name is considered PII. The key there is full name. If they come in the waiting room and shout "Mr. Smith" or "John" then there is usually no issue. However if you have a very unique last name it could be. Even if they shout your full name, it's a bit of a gray area and they could be dinged.

• Like 1

Let's face it.  No one knows what the actual protocols will be until the ship actually sails.  All of the cruise lines have announced multiple versions of their planned protocols.  People threatening not to cruise or demand a refund will not change anything.   Whatever rules they finally decide on, expect them to be strongly enforced, otherwise they create liability issues regardless of any waiver or release.  My personal belief is that they will use some version of a two tier system to avoid possible liability and bad publicity.  If an unvaccinated person gets sick onboard, especially if it is an adult, then they and the public will probably place most of the blame on that individual.  I also think that it creates a situation where the risks, however small they may be, are more easily identifiable, which , again, helps with the consequences that the cruise line may face.  I also believe an overwhelming number of people would prefer 100% vaccinated cruises (except families with children), and the 2 tier system would be their second choice.  I base that on various surveys and people I have spoken with, not on who posts the most.  But as always, I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

Couple Videos online Freedom Test Cruise .. Passengers just got off said was separation, tons Sanitizer, felt safe. Restrictions and Masking very minimal to areas where Vax/Un mix. Only 2 spots for Vax only. Otherwise felt like pretty normal Cruise... By time I Cruise in Fall, be same, all open, or something else. Who knows

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, MikeMSD said:

Actually, your full name is considered PII. The key there is full name. If they come in the waiting room and shout "Mr. Smith" or "John" then there is usually no issue. However if you have a very unique last name it could be. Even if they shout your full name, it's a bit of a gray area and they could be dinged.

I don’t think that’s an issue at all under HIPAA.  The name has to be connected to some kind of medical information. 

https://www.virtru.com/blog/phi-vs-pii/

https://www.hipaajournal.com/what-is-considered-phi/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Couple Videos online Freedom Test Cruise .. Passengers just got off said was separation, tons Sanitizer, felt safe. Restrictions and Masking very minimal to areas where Vax/Un mix. Only 2 spots for Vax only. Otherwise felt like pretty normal Cruise... By time I Cruise in Fall, be same, all open, or something else. Who knows

Had they said anything else I suspect there would be a number of ex rci employees tomorrow. 😏

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Don't those two statements contradict each other? 

Nope. On the whole Cruise masking was Minimal areas, Then only 2 locations no UnVax Cruisers allowed masked or not made no difference

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Nope. On the whole Cruise masking was Minimal areas, Then only 2 locations no UnVax Cruisers allowed masked or not made no difference

So people without vaccinations were allowed to skip masks for most areas?  That seems unusual.

4 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

So people without vaccinations were allowed to skip masks for most areas?  That seems unusual.

Can see it, eating, drinking, on open decks, swimming. Places others would see them. Want say I heard was 68 Kids onboard of the 600+ passengers. But might be confusing the 68 Kids with Other Royal Ship sailing last week. Anyone know?

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Can see it, eating, drinking, on open decks, swimming. Places others would see them. Want say I heard was 68 Kids onboard of the 600+ passengers

I thought RCI allowed unlimited unvaxed on board (i.e. not just kids).  Did I misunderstand?

Personally, i would be a little more selective about who I went to dinner with, if I didn't know them well enough to know if they were Vaxed or not I would not be sitting at the same table with them.

But that just me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I think reality would depend on the habits of the reporter.  Outside, masks have never really made sense.  Inside is where restrictions would be placed.  Unless one were to seek out all indoor venues at specific times, it could be difficult to paint a good picture.  

9 hours ago, UhOhQuarantined said:

That's not what the concern is about. The concern for many people is being quarantined, excuse me "isolated," in your cabin after spending 15 mins. or more with an infected passenger within 6ft of them, regardless if you're vaccinated or not.

I understand completely. However, if you can't be flexible and you can't deal with the what ifs....than you shouldn't be rushing to be on the first sailings during a pandemic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I’d bet social distancing will be quite impossible on a cruise ship. And if someone chooses not to get the vaccine, do you think they will be honest and wear a mask? NO   

We have been social distancing in the most densely populated state of NY,  for 15 months. If the Long Island RailRoad, Subways, busses and restaurants can arrange for social distancing I am sure it can be done on a cruise ship at 50% capacity.  Travel Birds review had pictures of an empty dining room. I just reread my post that you quoted. It should read that the couple we dined with were not vaccinated.  They did not bring a mask. I am sure that many unvaccinated are roaming the streets unmasked which is why everyone on the cruise will have to wear a mask when walking about.

Edited by Iamcruzin

10 hours ago, UhOhQuarantined said:

What is Royal Caribbean's stance on quarantining, sorry "isolating," passengers now that there is unvaccinated and vaccinated mixed together?

Welcome to CC.

That may not be known and likely to evolve over time.

14 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

can you expand on what 2 areas of Freedom were designated  Vax only ?

Edited by BSocial
Bad typing

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Wish I could, 2 Videos and the Local Newscast didnt list what the 2 were. Sorry

No problem.  Thanks for the info though!.  I hadn’t realized before your post that there were videos with quotes from passengers on the test cruise.  

• Like 1