What will be off-limits onboard to unvaccinated passengers?

11 minutes ago, arkansasnana3 said:

A friend who is in the medical field said the HIPPA rules will not allow for identification of who has the vaccine or who doesn't.  Since the vaccine is so effective I don't see why people who are vaccinated are so afraid of the non vaccinated.  Doesn't make since.  If it works then what's the problem

HIPAA does not impact this process.  HIPAA applies to medical or other third parties releasing medical information about a person without their authorization.  Voluntarily providing that information does not violate the statute.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, arkansasnana3 said:

A friend who is in the medical field said the HIPPA rules will not allow for identification of who has the vaccine or who doesn't.  Since the vaccine is so effective I don't see why people who are vaccinated are so afraid of the non vaccinated.  Doesn't make since.  If it works then what's the problem

There's nothing in HIPAA (two A's by the way, hopefully your medical field friend actually knows the right name) that prevents a person from disclosing their own medical info to anyone they so wish. It stops people and organizations in healthcare from disclosing it without the patients permission, but they can disclose if the patient gives their permission. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, arkansasnana3 said:

OMG.......not THAT concern again. LOL. I give up and wave the white flag.

Also.....HIPPA rules DO NOT APPLY. Anyone can ask anyone if they have been vaccinated. Read about it HERE.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, arkansasnana3 said:

How does working in the medical field make you and expert in HIPPA compliance?  HIPPA compliance is, your best and the most accurate response would be that it means to follow the rules and guidelines of a decapod crustacean from the family Hippidae. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, arkansasnana3 said:

Your friend who is in the medical field has apparently not actually read the HIPAA rules.

• Like 1

Okay off topic... but not likely to cause controversy. What I find ironic about HIPPA... is this... ever notice when you go into the doctor's office.. you sign in on a sheet where your name is removed by the receptionist... I assume to keep your identity private..... then after siting for a time...someone comes out and shouts your name.... what is the point or removing your name from the list? Is there another reason that I am not aware of?

3 minutes ago, kearney said:

Okay off topic... but not likely to cause controversy. What I find ironic about HIPPA... is this... ever notice when you go into the doctor's office.. you sign in on a sheet where your name is removed by the receptionist... I assume to keep your identity private..... then after siting for a time...someone comes out and shouts your name.... what is the point or removing your name from the list? Is there another reason that I am not aware of?

I always thought it was just a convenience for the staff, to help them to keep track of whom they have served.  I never thought it had anything to do with privacy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

I always thought it was just a convenience for the staff, to help them to keep track of whom they have served.  I never thought it had anything to do with privacy.

Maybe you are right... I just don't recall them removing the name before HIPPA

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

In different doctor's offices, I've seen them mark through my name with a pen (a single line), I've seen them mark through it with a highlighter, I've seen them mark through it with a thick black marker, and I've seen them peel my name off via a sticker.  So in my experience, they don't always remove or cover my name.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, kearney said:

Your name is not protected under HIPAA.  Your medical information is.  They can have you sign in or "shout" your name in the waiting room, as long as they don't add a notation or "shout" that you have a communicable disease. 😉

13 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Your name is not protected under HIPAA.  Your medical information is.  They can have you sign in or "shout" your name in the waiting room, as long as they don't add a notation or "shout" that you have a communicable disease. 😉

🤣

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Imagine an unvaccinated passenger in Star Class or even Sky class. Suite passengers are treated very well by Royal. 

I’ll let you know. In August we are in an Aquatheater Suite on Allure, two grandkids 9 and 3. All other adults are vaccinated. Frankly, in that cabin with that balcony we could keep the kids there and have all the popcorn, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and fries delivered and they would love it. And of course some Johnny Rockets shakes! 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Personally I don't see the big deal. Last week we went out to dinner with another couple who we haven't seen since before covid. The sign on the door stated that if you are not vaccinated you must wear a mask when not seated.  During covid it was the same rule but reduced capacity.  Through the course of the conversation we found out that neither of the couple that we were dining with were vaccinated.  The point is on land you have no idea who is walking or sitting next to you.  With social distancing on the ship I don't see it as a problem.

I’d bet social distancing will be quite impossible on a cruise ship. And if someone chooses not to get the vaccine, do you think they will be honest and wear a mask?  Maybe, maybe not. But the crew cannot possibly be checking every passenger’s card or wrist band (which I’m sure could be removed) to ensure they are masked. Hence we all have to mask. 😡

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arkansasnana3 said:

1. Your friend is wrong.  HIPAA does not have any bearing on this discussion or these parameters at all.

2. Vaccinated aren't "afraid" of unvaccinated.  Vaccinated do not want the :watered down" experience that comes from being on a ship with more than 5% unvaccinated.

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I’d bet social distancing will be quite impossible on a cruise ship. And if someone chooses not to get the vaccine, do you think they will be honest and wear a mask?  Maybe, maybe not. But the crew cannot possibly be checking every passenger’s card or wrist band (which I’m sure could be removed) to ensure they are masked. Hence we all have to mask. 😡

Thus the logic of giving wristbands to vaccinated and not unvaccinated.  You have to give the vaccinated something extra that the others don't have.

21 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I’ll let you know. In August we are in an Aquatheater Suite on Allure, two grandkids 9 and 3. All other adults are vaccinated. Frankly, in that cabin with that balcony we could keep the kids there and have all the popcorn, hot dogs, chicken nuggets and fries delivered and they would love it. And of course some Johnny Rockets shakes! 

mac_tlc

Let us know when you hear from your Genie.  I'm eagerly waiting to hear from our (SY 8-21-21).

2 minutes ago, D C said:

Thus the logic of giving wristbands to vaccinated and not unvaccinated.  You have to give the vaccinated something extra that the others don't have.

I'm going to make a photocopy of my CDC vaccine card, place it in a clear plastic envelope and either wear it around my neck or attach it to the front of my hat.  😎

(jk)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kearney said:

DELETE

Edited by not-enough-cruising

7 hours ago, D C said:

That just sets them up for problems though. 

Travel with any unvaxxed and the unvaxxed shouldn't get to ride the coattails of the vaccinated.  It needs to be black and white. 

There are plenty of other vacations a family can take without the same restrictions.  Royal would likely rather have those people go to Disney World than on their ships.  

Think of the rules as an attempt to make unvaxxed cruising unpalatable enough for those people to postpone their cruise vacations.   

I've got 4 cabins on Anthem Easter cruise and 3 of the cabins have granddaughters that are too young and one which is eligible, but afraid of the jab.  I would gladly cancel and leave cruising to the vaxxed and have RCL refunds me for the useless FCCs that I'm accumulating.

PS.  All adults are vaxxed, however under the current protocols it does not make for a enjoyable family vacation.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

"Karen, we're ready for you acute cerebral dystomyacardiophalgiahydis exam...!"

• Haha 1