Britannia test cruise

molecrochip

I also wanted to add a note re quarantine cabins. I’m not going to disclose exactly where they are but at least one deck has the cabins between two lift lobbies on one side of the ship sectioned off for this purpose.

Only impact on general passenger is that you can’t use that corridor to walk from bow to stern (except in a true emergency)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I also wanted to add a note re quarantine cabins. I’m not going to disclose exactly where they are but at least one deck has the cabins between two lift lobbies on one side of the ship sectioned off for this purpose.

Only impact on general passenger is that you can’t use that corridor to walk from bow to stern (except in a true emergency)

One hopes the quarantine cabins are balcony cabins…..wouldn't like to be quarantined in an inside….even for 3 days!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

One hopes the quarantine cabins are balcony cabins…..wouldn't like to be quarantined in an inside….even for 3 days!  

The quarantine cabins on the Celebrity sailing were inside ones adjacent to the Medical centre, which makes sense for those testing positive. People quarantined because of ‘contact’ stayed in their cabins. 

My information  I'm given is that Britannia will depart at 18:00 and can be seen 

leaving on these  cameras live . 

Wishing everyone a safe and happy voyage :classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

No further comment from Molecrochip, which is a bit worrying, though TBF perhaps he could not comment any further.  Perhaps a useful indication posted about Celebrity though as all cruise lines will be following the same guidance.  I cannot see the medical centre on Britannia deck plans, but does not seem to be on any passenger decks.

8 minutes ago, tring said:

No further comment from Molecrochip, which is a bit worrying, though TBF perhaps he could not comment any further.  Perhaps a useful indication posted about Celebrity though as all cruise lines will be following the same guidance.  I cannot see the medical centre on Britannia deck plans, but does not seem to be on any passenger decks.

Isn't the medical centre usually on the lowest deck, where there are normally no passenger cabins? 

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Isn't the medical centre usually on the lowest deck, where there are normally no passenger cabins? 

That is what I was thinking, though cannot see it on the plans I found for Britannia.  Depends on the ship though, the older ships had some insides/outsides low down, so maybe the case for the Celebrity ship mentioned, or perhaps just a floor down.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:32 AM, Pink-belle said:

Plus people who were paid via a survey site to test out the system and provide feedback.  I have read a good review by someone who was one of those lucky people.  I think I said their only negative was waiting 20 minutes for a drink in  the evening.  That was a niggle rather than a complaint. 
They said it all felt very safe, and the staff .  They had lunch at the buffet and were shown to seating, I guess to stop the aimless wandering trying to decide which of the identical tables you want to sit at, or is that just me?  From that comment you will gather I don’t usually attend the buffet during main meal times, so don’t usually encounter seating issues. 

On my first Celebrity cruise, on Millennium in the early 2000s, there were a line of waiters at the buffet counter whose role was to take your tray after you had chosen your food and find you a table. Very civilised. Sadly, the next time I sailed with them, on Silhouette, this system had been discontinued in favour of the standard free for all.

Edited by Denarius

I am at home waving to you all on the screen - well some people always thought I was a nut case.......

Enjoy the cruise and thanks for the posts about it,

Barbara

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, tring said:

Hang on… I’ve had a very busy day! 🥴

The section in question doesn’t have / only has minimal inside cabins. I believe any quarantines will be in balcony cabins as it enables the passengers to get fresh air.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Ships radio from Britannia bridge "978 Passengers  and 1202 crew "

I guess the plan was to take 1000 passengers. Comments on the Seacation thread, suggest some folk were turned away, due to 'paperwork' issues. Got to feel sad for these unlucky ones.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Hang on… I’ve had a very busy day! 🥴

The section in question doesn’t have / only has minimal inside cabins. I believe any quarantines will be in balcony cabins as it enables the passengers to get fresh air.

I am very sorry about that, though I did think you may not have been able to say any more. 

Thank you for the information though,  many of us will be very pleased to hear that.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Must be making a loss then, but perhaps just covering some overheads.

Quite possibly but I think they will just be relieved to put to sea again with at least some paying passengers aboard....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Quite possibly but I think they will just be relieved to put to sea again with at least some paying passengers aboard....

Indeed- it's a good "soft" restart prior to possible full cruising later on. 

• Like 4

The 'Royal Class' ships of which Britannia is one do not have any passenger cabins on Deck 4 where the medical centre is located, as is the case with the Grand Class (Azura/Ventura) with the nearest passenger cabins being on Deck 5 and those are inboard.

If memory serves there are balcony cabins Aft on Deck 8 for Azura/Ventura and I believe they start on Deck 9 for Britannia