Laundry

Cruisedreamer1

On our last Oceania cruise, we had 3 bags of laundry as a perk that my husband used. It came back folded. I used the machines as I use a gentle cycle on most of my clothes and then hang them to dry, or dry some things on low. He was happy with the service.

My friend and I have used it every time since they offered it as we are usually in PH suites. We mainly send underwear, T Shirts, and casual wear like shorts and slacks, nothing we would wear to dinner. We have loved it. Usually got it a day early (2 versus 3 days) and nicely folded. They do put slim stickers on the necks of things like T Shirts so you just have to peal them off but I found one this week on a T Shirt I have not worn in a while so obviously they are not a bother if left on. Julia

Folded, not pressed so be selective. Like was said, not for a ladies dinner attire. Pressing is available for a fee. It is a perk that most lines charge for and we use it every time we sail. 
Gerry

We have used the laundry service. I wasn't too impressed - pardon the pun. I had to take some items to the onboard passenger laundry room to press clothing that came back too wrinkled. We also were missing items twice when the laundry was returned. I think we eventually got everything back but it took a few days.

The service is fine for men's underwear and t shirts but I wouldn't use it for delicate attire.

• Like 1

Agree with all that's been said. Not the kind of laundry service you would expect from O. Not at all like a "main stream" line we sail occasionally that sends laundry back hung, ironed and "smalls" wrapped in tissue paper in wicker baskets. The laundry room iron will become your friend.

Also there are some rules .....if I remember  correctly they don't accept laundry until 3 days out and 3 days before disembarking. And they said to give a 3 days window turnaround. So I had to plan when to send out laundry. On our last cruise it was just after a neurovirus outbreak And the the laundrycrooms were locked .

The service was fine

No pressing on laundry package… folded neatly.  Nice for some things. 3 day wait makes it not very attractive.  If you are ok with the wait, let them do your laundry. Need clean clothes faster, use the self laundry rooms.  Also, the laundry will not accept dirty clothes on package plans on the last 3 days of any cruise.  B2B cruises cut 3 end days off of each leg of the cruise.   It can make it tricky if you take long cruises that are several b2b sailings.  Oceania should have better service.  Want better laundry service, skip the package and pay by the piece. That includes pressing and one day wait. Same day costs more. It’s your vacation, decide if buying laundry service works for you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Agree with all that's been said. Not the kind of laundry service you would expect from O. Not at all like a "main stream" line we sail occasionally that sends laundry back hung, ironed and "smalls" wrapped in tissue paper in wicker baskets. The laundry room iron will become your friend.

Ah, I know which "main stream" line you are speaking of.  What a pleasure that was, getting laundry back in that manner and how nicely they were pressed and presented.  If I remember correctly for us it was $7 a day, unlimited.  We got it for free on X as a benefit, I would happily pay $7 a day for that service!  We've not sailed O yet so can't comment (but suspect it is similar to X).

56 minutes ago, Mrs f. said:

Also there are some rules .....if I remember  correctly they don't accept laundry until 3 days out

Never heard that rule

I sent  things out for the free pressing  on the 1st full day  but usually just  do it myself in the laundry room

Noro cruises are a different kettle of fish

19 hours ago, jwindham said:

My friend and I have used it every time since they offered it as we are usually in PH suites. We mainly send underwear, T Shirts, and casual wear like shorts and slacks, nothing we would wear to dinner. We have loved it. Usually got it a day early (2 versus 3 days) and nicely folded. They do put slim stickers on the necks of things like T Shirts so you just have to peal them off but I found one this week on a T Shirt I have not worn in a while so obviously they are not a bother if left on. Julia

I love finding those little stickers months after a cruise.  Prompts a quick and happy flash back.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 3:39 PM, jwindham said:

What is a "slim sticker"?

12 hours ago, mexicobob said:

What is a "slim sticker"?

Scratchy little devils if you don't get them out. Occasionally I'll be wearing a shirt with something scratching my neck and find one of those little labels. Makes me wish I was on a cruise. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, madera1 said:

Do you need to bring your own detergent? Is there a charge to use the washers and dryers?

self serve laundry is free & they supply  the laundry soap

If you use dryer sheets then bring your own  preferably unscented