Where are the bears at Brooks Falls?

quack2

Welcome to BearCam
Although it's very early in the salmon run, it's a great time to watch the bearcams. Bears typically move in and out of the river corridor in mid June until make the salmon arrive in large numbers. Within a week or so, we might see the first big wave of fish arrive at Brooks Falls. Until then, instead of seeing bears linger at the falls to fish, keep an eye out for ephemeral sightings of bears throughout the river. The lower river cams will be a good place to watch since the lines of sight are greater. It's also the peak of the bears' mating season, so be on the lookout for courti

DON

• Like 1

Much clearer cameras and very active operators this season.  Lots of close-ups.  I did see a few salmon on the underwater camera this evening.

Still waiting for Otis.

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Crew News said:

Much clearer cameras and very active operators this season.  Lots of close-ups.  I did see a few salmon on the underwater camera this evening.  Just saw my first salmon catch in the Jacuzzi this season.

Still waiting for Otis.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:33 AM, Crew News said:

Much clearer cameras and very active operators this season.  Lots of close-ups.  I did see a few salmon on the underwater camera this evening.

Still waiting for Otis.

He’s my favorite!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Oakman58 said:

The webcam at Brooks Falls is back online again.  A couple of bears fishing and a few salmon were jumping.

I counted 15 bears yesterday on cameras at the same time.  Still no Otis.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Curious:  how would you recognize Otis?  

OTIS is huge, missing lots of teeth, and was always in a small alcove at the top of the screen, AKA "Otis' Office".  I think he was the oldest bear at the falls.  FWIW his office remains unoccupied this season.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Crew News said:

OTIS is huge, missing lots of teeth, and was always in a small alcove at the top of the screen, AKA "Otis' Office".  I think he was the oldest bear at the falls.  FWIW his office remains unoccupied this season.

Thanks for the reply!  

Just looked at the area and the salmon run is in full swing!  A few fishermen as well as the bears.  Fun to watch and even more fun for the fishermen; ought to be some good catches.  

• 2 weeks later...

I spent this past Monday and Tuesday at Brooks.  Lots and lots of bears.  Highlight was going wading with small group and two guides in the river near (but not too near) the bears near the Riffles Platform.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2021 at 2:53 PM, Crew News said:

Otis is back in his office this season!!!! 

Latest he has ever arrived in salmon season.  Must be a senior moment for the 25/26 year old veteran of Brooks Falls.

• Like 4