Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

On 1/2/2022 at 8:06 AM, PacnGoNow said:

This is WAY OFF topic.  IT’s supposed

yo be about the APP not the Medallion .

I guess you could click 'report' on those posts.

To me, the app and the medallion are integrated.   They work together.

People have been joking about wrapping their medallions in foil,

or using an RFID pouch...

There have been some reports here of a person being charged for a drink of the person

they were standing next to, because of the proximity of the medallions.

So, there could be a benefit to a little RFID shielding.

(go ahead and click 'report' on this, too)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, butterfly4108 said:

I have a question:  If I can't download the app, can I do my check in at the pier since we can't do it online?  I'm stressing over this, my phone is old and I'm not spending $1000 on a new one when this one works just fine - as a phone 😄 

Yes, you can. no problem

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, butterfly4108 said:

I have a question:  If I can't download the app, can I do my check in at the pier since we can't do it online?  I'm stressing over this, my phone is old and I'm not spending $1000 on a new one when this one works just fine - as a phone 😄 

All reports here are saying yes, you can check in at the pier; just be sure you have your proof of vaccination card, your proof of a negative COVID test, your Passport, and some are suggesting a print out of your Travel Summary.  I'm traveling with two others and none of us has a smartphone or other device.  Our PVP ordered medallions for us, to be shipped to our homes, but I'm hearing that medallions can be provided at the pier also.  

So stop stressing about this . . . we did. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, butterfly4108 said:

Thanks everyone!!  First time on Princess so this was a new and unexpected chore!  I like online check in and paper print outs myself lol 😄  

Believe me, a lot of us here couldn't agree more with you.  It used to be so simple:  15 minutes to fill out the online paperwork and print out your boarding pass and luggage tags.  Show up at the pier and present your passport and credit card.  Security takes your photo as you board . . . that's it.  We keep hearing that online check in is coming back for those that prefer it but no sign of it yet.  

• Like 4

Hi, My husband and I are having trouble trying to add our April reservation to our Medallion App.  We have been in touch with Princess via both online chat and the customer support telephone number.  While both were pleasant, they were not able to rectify the problem and said they would send the issue to IT.  This was in the beginning of December and we still can't add the reservation nor have we heard from IT.  I found an email address on this forum, askocean-medallion@carnival.com.  The email delivery was blocked 

Your message to askocean-medallion@carnival.com has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

The response from the remote server was:

550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [BN1NAM02FT008.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Other than waiting until we get to port, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sorry for the double post, it didn't look like it went the first time.😕

Hi, My husband and I are having trouble trying to add our April reservation to our Medallion App.  We have been in touch with Princess via both online chat and the customer support telephone number.  While both were pleasant, they were not able to rectify the problem and said they would send the issue to IT.  This was in the beginning of December and we still can't add the reservation nor have we heard from IT.  I found an email address on this forum, askocean-medallion@carnival.com.  The email delivery was blocked 

Your message to askocean-medallion@carnival.com has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS(201806281) [BN1NAM02FT008.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Other than waiting until we get to port, does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by 487

35 minutes ago, 487 said:

Thanks

try removing the "-".

Or use this one...A360ad7@carnival.com

• Like 3

22 hours ago, f-mattox said:

All reports here are saying yes, you can check in at the pier; just be sure you have your proof of vaccination card, your proof of a negative COVID test, your Passport, and some are suggesting a print out of your Travel Summary.  I'm traveling with two others and none of us has a smartphone or other device.  Our PVP ordered medallions for us, to be shipped to our homes, but I'm hearing that medallions can be provided at the pier also.  

So stop stressing about this . . . we did. 

Being a Brit having started cruising when in Canada, I have always followed the .com version as opposed to the UK version.  I'm glad to  hear that medallions are available at the pier.   Princess is not shipping them to people booked on a Princess cruise who live in the UK, even if the cruise is departing from Southampton.

18 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

try removing the "-".

Or use this one...A360ad7@carnival.com

I have been having an issue with two new bookings not properly linked in the app, and this is the Email address I have been using to communicate with the Medallion IT team. My original Email to them was sent to "AskOceanMedallion@carnival.com, and they responded from the A360ad7 address. All of my Emails were responded to within hours and they claim they have opened a ticket to resolve my problem, though it has yet to be fixed.

• Like 1

@Astro FlyerI saw update.  I did update....not able to sign on with cabin number on my iPhone.  Lucky you.

Still "waiting" for web base personalizer....

oops....didn't read this carefully enough.  "Modified MedallionNet to utilize Login with Cabin Number"

Edited by cr8tiv1

20 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I’m still using the same sign-in from early 2019 which automatically logs me into my account. 

One device stays, the other device toggles between sisters as I try to get their arrival times.  

Saw Android version indicated UPDATE in Play Store.  Version # listed was 3.0.97509 (I forget the previous one).  I did the UPDATE.  However, the Play Store info still has the info from the NOV 23 update.  This happened the last time as well - it was a couple days later before the release notes were updated.

I noticed DMW was mentioned in APPLE release as getting some fixes, so I immediately checked that and ---- amazing as there was now Private Dining space for our party of 4 where DMW was offering Split Tables only.   BUT.. wait a second. 

I could see single evening override type selections with plenty of available space and times for Private dining.  However, when I tried to book for the entire voyage, DMW just spun and spun and gave up with not finding anything message.

I spent literally ages deleting all individual nights, thinking I would clear out the old booking and start fresh.  Each night took interminable time with DMW spinning and waiting before finally completing the deletion.  After that tortuous exercise, I again attempted to book full voyage for our party of 4 (2 of us, plus dining companion friends).  

Nope - same story as before with DMW spinning forever (loading) and then giving up with supposedly finding nothing, when it is there.

Whatever they fixed, they broke something else in the process for full voyage booking - more likely, they re-broke multiple-linked voyages (B2B's).  Doesn't even work just to book us.  

So frustrating - and I am thinking when they figure that out, once again, the available dining space will be gone.

In effort to prove the theory, I next went to our following voyage which is on another ship and not technically a B2B.  Also took very long for DMW to even load.  Then, when I re-did our full voyage booking (14 nights long), DMW spun and spun and spun, but ultimately completed the booking.

I guess 25 nights B2B2B is too much for it to handle now.  

Sigh.... will the OCEAN IT team ever get this app working properly???

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Saw Android version indicated UPDATE in Play Store.  Version # listed was 3.0.97509 (I forget the previous one).  I did the UPDATE.  However, the Play Store info still has the info from the NOV 23 update.  This happened the last time as well - it was a couple days later before the release notes were updated.

I noticed DMW was mentioned in APPLE release as getting some fixes, so I immediately checked that and ---- amazing as there was now Private Dining space for our party of 4 where DMW was offering Split Tables only.   BUT.. wait a second. 

I could see single evening override type selections with plenty of available space and times for Private dining.  However, when I tried to book for the entire voyage, DMW just spun and spun and gave up with not finding anything message.

I spent literally ages deleting all individual nights, thinking I would clear out the old booking and start fresh.  Each night took interminable time with DMW spinning and waiting before finally completing the deletion.  After that tortuous exercise, I again attempted to book full voyage for our party of 4 (2 of us, plus dining companion friends).  

Nope - same story as before with DMW spinning forever (loading) and then giving up with supposedly finding nothing, when it is there.

Whatever they fixed, they broke something else in the process for full voyage booking - more likely, they re-broke multiple-linked voyages (B2B's).  Doesn't even work just to book us.  

So frustrating - and I am thinking when they figure that out, once again, the available dining space will be gone.

In effort to prove the theory, I next went to our following voyage which is on another ship and not technically a B2B.  Also took very long for DMW to even load.  Then, when I re-did our full voyage booking (14 nights long), DMW spun and spun and spun, but ultimately completed the booking.

My next cruise is at the end of this month.  My travel party are all green lane with arrival group selected and we all have the QR code.  I think I'll not fix something which isn't broken by getting the update.  🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

My next cruise is at the end of this month.  My travel party are all green lane with arrival group selected and we all have the QR code.  I think I'll not fix something which isn't broken by getting the update.  🤷‍♂️ 

Same with us. I'm not messing things up looking for any update at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I now wish I had checked the DMW availability and booking before the update.  Not sure source of the issue as yet, but just try DMW out and see how it works - you don't need to accept any change - just see how long it takes to find a reservation space.

6 hours ago, Daniel A said:

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Same with us in Northern Cal. Plus CC dining.🥂

• Like 1

In the Green Lane for March 30th cruise! Still need check mark for Healt and Arrival Group. Understand Health needs to be done 24 hours prior to boarding. When would the Arrival Groups for a March 30th sailing be available?

22 minutes ago, Turk1 said:

In the Green Lane for March 30th cruise! Still need check mark for Healt and Arrival Group. Understand Health needs to be done 24 hours prior to boarding. When would the Arrival Groups for a March 30th sailing be available?

Ours became available about 30 days out, but I would keep checking.

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I decided at some point this morning to go ahead and book all 25 nights individually, one-by-one, so I could secure the time slot at a Private Table for our Dining Party of 4.  I had contacted Princess this morning and eventually got through to an OCEAN rep who experienced same thing as me with DMW (the spinning forever, followed by No Space message).  She first tried to suggest maybe there is no space.  But I informed her there is plenty of space because I checked individual nights.  So there were various time slots to offer - and in fact the same time slot was available all nights.  She documented and sent in a ticket.  Meanwhile I had also written the Ocean Medallion team. 

Later this afternoon, I was trying DMW again for Full Voyage booking and of course it was spinning and spinning again.  But, then I got through all of a sudden.  I saw I could book our time slot for the party of 4, but it was telling me "Split Tables" again.  I knew from previous experience that this was likely for the first leg of the B2B2B only.  Made the booking finally and sure enough, I had "Split Table" for first 7 nights and then "Private Table" for next 7 and final 11 nights.

BUT - I had the previous 25 individual night bookings the new Full Voyage booking was replacing.  Thinking DMW never checks what is being released and did not realize there should be Private space for all nights, I hammered away at DMW for several more cycles until I could get through again (past the spinning).  This time I just re-booked us for the same time for full voyage and ... TA DA!!!.... I now got Private Table space for our Dining Party of 4 for the Full Voyage.  No more Splits.  

Now if I could just bottle that up and not have anyone at Princess mess it up with a future MC App/DMW release!! 

For @Daniel A and @MissP22, one thing for sure is you can always experiment with DMW in making a booking (similar to making a mock cruise booking) as the final step is the Confirmation.  Everything up to that allows you to see how it performs and what it is offering you.  I cannot say whether you actually get new DMW functionality with the prior MC App release (I would hazard a guess as yes you do).  Obviously, there is more to a MC App upgrade than DMW functions.  I tend to think at some point I will be forced to upgrade, so may as well get it over with.  Hope things stay good for you.

@jwattle, you lucky duckies in CC don't have to worry about DMW at all since you don't need it - unless you want to book a Specialty Dining spot some evening. 

I would say that some older releases required me to go in a re-do or clean-up in the Travel Checklist section, but not for the past two.  I suspect this was due to data storage and editing changes previously and none of that touched in latest releases.  We stayed GREEN up and down the list with this new release, so I don't think it will do any harm.

Waiting for them to enhance the MedallionNet booking so it auto-applies the 50% discount for eligible guests.  Also waiting to see what the new website interface is going to be like.