Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

53 minutes ago, BETELVE said:

If you have not already, please report this situation to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.    Tampering with mail is a federal crime.

I'm aware.  I took the last opened package to our local site and the attitude I got from the site manager did not indicate he gave a hoot.  Not the same as the USPIS of course.  That used to be a pretty robust group.

On 2/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, Ricbr said:

Silly question maybe….

I have the medallion class app and it seems to be working ok for most areas except the part where I can order my Medallion.  Our cruise is not until July so I am not to worried but was wondering if this is a known issue?  I am on a new iPhone that is at the newest iOS version.  I have tried numerous times to order my medallion and I get a blank white page when I click on “choose your medallion wearable”.  I can’t go back… the app just turns pure white and I have to force close it.  Tried Uninstall and Reinstall with no success.  Tried on my iPad and I get the same results.

thoughts?

Same with me. Phone, Kindle, desktop, different browsers. I can't save emergency contact info, my credit card is there but the app has it flagged when all info is correct, can't upload my husbands passport and keying in the info doesn't save, white screen to order Medallion.... had I known this was a cluster I would have booked NCL. 

1 hour ago, sherrybee said:

Same with me. Phone, Kindle, desktop, different browsers. I can't save emergency contact info, my credit card is there but the app has it flagged when all info is correct, can't upload my husbands passport and keying in the info doesn't save, white screen to order Medallion.... had I known this was a cluster I would have booked NCL. 

I had similar issues until I sent email to the devs. They responded by asking me what device I was using, which version of the OS was installed, etc. I replied with the answers to their questions and, within a week at most, everything started working for me. Don't bother calling Princess as they probably can't help you.

Here is the address that helped me as well as a snip of the information they wanted:

A360ad7@carnival.com

Full Name on Reservation:

Booking Number:

Device Type being used when accessing the MedallionClass app:

Operating System on Device:

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I had similar issues until I sent email to the devs. They responded by asking me what device I was using, which version of the OS was installed, etc. I replied with the answers to their questions and, within a week at most, everything started working for me. Don't bother calling Princess as they probably can't help you.

Here is the address that helped me as well as a snip of the information they wanted:

A360ad7@carnival.com

Full Name on Reservation:

Booking Number:

Device Type being used when accessing the MedallionClass app:

Operating System on Device:

Thank  you very much!

9 hours ago, sherrybee said:

I think I had all those errors, and maybe one or two more.  Some of them cleared up by just waiting a couple of hours.  I've got a suspicion that the developers, not being able to program the front-end apps correctly, have some periodic batch processes that go around and "clean up" the data.  Among other things, I don't think the app handles blank spaces in the entries correctly. 

While the app is without question the worst piece of production software I have ever seen, I did manage to get fully checked in over the course of about 24 hours by doing as much as I could each time and then coming back to try to fix up the other things later.  

• Like 3

I booked a last minute cruise and was able to complete all the checkin info on the app with only a few hiccups.  I found it interesting that the app asks for post travel info with *all* fields required, including the name of the company and reservation #.  That was hard to fill out since we're driving our own car to the port!  I settled on Myself in the company name field and XYZ as the reservation #.  

I can imagine this is a complicated app to develop and maintain, but certain things seem to be pretty darn obvious, but have been completely overlooked.  Thankfully I haven't read any reports of anybody being denied boarding for failing to navigate the app 100%!

• Like 1

Not surprised:

Yellow Lane:  Choose your Medallion.  DUH....it's been mailed.  

Issues getting into web base, but when I do get in....

Health Form:  White screen of death on both app and web base

I stopped fretting about this app a long time ago.  If it doesn't self correct, I will just show my paper work at the terminal.  

Someday, Princess may actually get this app to function.  Unfortunately, I do not believe it is during my remaining cruise years.

• Like 4

Sailing on the 26th March

Currently in the Blue lane on the app but cannot upload a security photo for myself or partner

Using an iphone, tried taking a new photo and uploading from photo library, just get the loading screen then an error saying Unable to save the information, try later 

51 minutes ago, f-mattox said:

I've been trying for almost 2 weeks now to upload security and profile photos on the web Medallion site and keep getting the "unable to save, try again later" message.  Very frustrating. 

Don't stress about it. They will just take your pics at the port if it isn't done in advance.

4 hours ago, julie3fan said:

I have a question.  I *think* I was able to reserve our dining time, but where in the heck do you go to see those reservations?

• Click on the tableware & clock circle icon
  • Click on “View or book individual daily reservations”
  • See your “Dine My Way” reservations
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

It's probably just my imagination running away with me, but is the frequency of Medallion problem posts dropping?  Could it be things are getting fixed?  Or are folks just getting used to the workarounds?  Or giving up?  🙂

All three.

• Haha 2

GIVING UP

Same problems since the beginning.  No new fixes.  Intermittent.  Web based didn't help much.  Granted, there are no problems that are Earth shattering and going to prevent you from getting on a Princess ship.  Did Princess/Medallion Class just give up?  Still seeing white screen of death.  

You would think (oops...sorry), that this dream-magical-technological-wonder would work after all these years of promise.  

S I G H

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

All three.

I was put in mind of my huge employer's internal helpdesk.  Several years ago it was moved offshore to save a few bucks.  After a year the guy responsible for that reported that calls had dropped by half.  He got a big bonus and promotion.  He failed to mention that the number of calls dropped because people quickly learned how useless calling was.  He also ignored the "Did this call resolve your problem?' survey results being 3 of 5.

Sound familiar?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, julie3fan said:

I have a question.  I *think* I was able to reserve our dining time, but where in the heck do you go to see those reservations?

7 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

• Click on the tableware & clock circle icon
  • Click on “View or book individual daily reservations”
  • See your “Dine My Way” reservations

I guess I can presume then, that when I see this screen, my reservation request either never took to begin with, or disappeared.  Thank you for your reply!

**Edit** I tried to book the entire cruise same time and table, which didn't work, again.  I managed to reserve individually the first 2 nights, then I kept getting an error message for every night past that.  This is annoying!

Screenshot_20220225-065629_MedallionClass.jpg

Edited by julie3fan

22 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Sound familiar?

Sounds very familiar....And you also have to say in public situations that you "support the new method and  such great results"...LOL. Even though everyone in the company except the top 3 really knows it is an epic fail. 

Any idea if after you subtract all these employees & costs of operating to support the medallion if it is delivering a positive business case?  I cannot imagine that bar sales increases (or whatever they presented as the savings or extra revenue) has exceeded the costs of this?

It's a very expensive way, IMO to open the cabin door and provide a charge card. I'd love to see the real financials on this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlaMariner said:

Sounds very familiar....And you also have to say in public situations that you "support the new method and  such great results"...LOL. Even though everyone in the company except the top 3 really knows it is an epic fail. 

Any idea if after you subtract all these employees & costs of operating to support the medallion if it is delivering a positive business case?  I cannot imagine that bar sales increases (or whatever they presented as the savings or extra revenue) has exceeded the costs of this?

It's a very expensive way, IMO to open the cabin door and provide a charge card. I'd love to see the real financials on this. 

If anyone were to reveal financials on this it would come with the qualifier, "Well yeah, but COVID......"

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, julie3fan said:

This is what I just did to view my MDR reservations on the app....

• Go to "ocean now" Food Drinks and Shopping
  • Click Dine My Way
  • Click "View or Book Individual Daily Reservations"

...and you should see where you will be eating and when!

Good luck...Can't wait to get onboard and stick my phone in the safe for the entire cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cltnccruisers said:

If anyone were to reveal financials on this it would come with the qualifier, "Well yeah, but COVID......"

Good point...I forgot about the all encompassing excuse that will be used for the next 10 years.....No accountability is a good thing for some!

32 minutes ago, julie3fan said:

I guess I can presume then, that when I see this screen, my reservation request either never took to begin with, or disappeared.  Thank you for your reply!

**Edit** I tried to book the entire cruise same time and table, which didn't work, again.  I managed to reserve individually the first 2 nights, then I kept getting an error message for every night past that.  This is annoying!

Screenshot_20220225-065629_MedallionClass.jpg

That appears to be the case, try again.

• Thanks 1

we leave tomorrow and I was just double checking things on my app and my dinner reservations that I made weeks ago were gone!!!  However I was able to go in and rebook them without issue . Just a heads up to triple check things I guess 

• Like 1

I struggled with the Ocean Medallion App yesterday afternoon.  Tried to call Princess for help, but shucks, they had just "closed" for the day.  Called back this morning around 11:30AM and got a human.  At least I think it was a human.  I tried to explain to him that one screen I had filled out wanted my booking number (1XWD2E, for example), but that I had exited the App and didn't remember what section the question listed in.  It kept saying that my booking number was invalid - even though I typed it in directly from the Cruise Personalizer papers that I had printed.  He asked, "What screen were you in when it asked for your booking number?".  (Lawdy merci, didn't I just say that I didn't remember.  I mean the frustration of trying to figure out what I was doing was enough to erase the chain of events in my memory bank)

I asked him a question about something else that gave me a problem.  His answer was "you don't need to do it".  Well, hello, it asked me the question.

Now, while I was on the phone with him, I was polite.  I didn't huff and puff and blow the house down.  I didn't raise my voice.  He, Carlos, on the other hand was as quiet as a mouse.  At times the line was completely silent.  I even asked one time "Sorry, are you still there?"  He finally replied, "I'm here."  During that time, I wasn't talking or asking a question - the line was completely silent I want to know where all the cheerful, helpful, glad-you-called Princess Representatives are?

All in all, I think the App is a fairly good idea, but it needs to work and have explanations of where the information you need to enter can be found.  For example, it asked for my Travel Number.  I have no idea what travel number it is asking for.  It gave no explanation where this mysterious number can be found. Is it on my travel summary?  Is it my booking number?  Is it my cell phone number?  
As I said the idea of the App is good, if we can get it to accept our information. And, a little human help when we call for assistance.

Also, do you happen to know how many color levels there are when you are filing out the App questions?  Blue, Green, ____  I was afraid to ask Carlos.  I think he may have been taking a nap and I disturbed his naptime.