Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I already went live. If you look at "manage your booking" - almost directly under the add for Google Play is a tiny notice in blue "try our web version". Not all of the app functions are there, but there were enough to get me in the green lane (with the exception of passports & photos - I already did those on the app).

Is this at www.princess.com

Thanks

1 hour ago, HleeCruiser said:

Is this at www.princess.com

Thanks

Correct. Go to what used to be the Personalizer and is now almost worthless and look at the area I described.

1 hour ago, konatyme said:

I've tried with two different browsers, but when I try to access the web-based Medallion on the Princess website using the link mentioned, I get the grey screen with a (seemingly) endless "Loading" message.

Sorry that that's happening to you. Another option (if you need/want a new tablet is a Chromebook). They can load & use the app.

Thanks for the idea, JF, but I don't need or want a new tablet. I've tried loading the app on my not-quite-year-old Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (several times), but so far it's a no go. I was hoping maybe I could at least get a few things done on the website.

4 hours ago, WAvoyager said:

Many others have reported that they don’t use the app, and only do their check in at the terminal.   We’re on our first cruise in a couple of years in April, so no firsthand experience yet, but we’ll know soon.  We’re all checked in, but Mom will be doing it the old school way.

I liked reading this.   Good for Mom!   I am tech savvy but won't give in to chaos.   When an app is finicky, I don't play along.

4 minutes ago, Chelly said:

I liked reading this.   Good for Mom!   I am tech savvy but won't give in to chaos.   When an app is finicky, I don't play along.

We were going to try to coach her through the process of doing it online, or get her to send her docs to us, and then just realized it’ll take far longer to work through all that, than to do it at the port!  🤣.  

It helps that she’s booked in a suite, so she’ll go through the priority lane.  So we had to finish online so she wouldn’t have to wait for us!  

Things we were trying (unsuccessfully) to do on the app a month ago seem to be getting better, so hopefully they’ll have the major bugs ironed out before our next (June) cruise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

We were going to try to coach her through the process of doing it online, or get her to send her docs to us, and then just realized it’ll take far longer to work through all that, than to do it at the port!  🤣.  

It helps that she’s booked in a suite, so she’ll go through the priority lane.  So we had to finish online so she wouldn’t have to wait for us!  

Things we were trying (unsuccessfully) to do on the app a month ago seem to be getting better, so hopefully they’ll have the major bugs ironed out before our next (June) cruise.

Good response.   Agree that anything and everything can be worked out at the port....Also agree that the priority lane provides a lot of "comfort".  Best wishes for your cruise.   

Edited by Chelly
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 11:03 AM, tcdcruiser said:

I have spoken with Princess 3 times over that last 10 days with this Medallion / Ocean Ready issue and I am about to call again in a few minutes....does anyone have any advice for this issue.

The Issue

• Successfully dowloaded the app on my iPhone (current OS).  The app shows my cruise starting in 18 days BUT when i start the Travel Checklist process the app replies "You do not have any booking.  Select Link Booking to add one". 
  • Then when I add the known booking number the app goes into an endless "loading" loop.  The last 3 Princess tech persons seem clueless.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Good luck! I had the exact same issue on our last cruise and am having the same issue on our upcoming June cruise. The last cruise I sent an email and got the same "we will get to it in order of sailing date" answer as others have. About a week and half before the last cruise, some (but not all) features started to work. It was too close to the sailing date to order the medallions and we could not complete any health questions. I sent an email asking for help on the next cruise but really don't care. We will just worry about it at the terminal. It is something on the backend system, not the app because it happens on every different device we have including the web version. It's just pathetic that it keeps happening. 

12 hours ago, waddle said:

We sail 26th March and the arrival group option has opened up but not the departure group (2nd April)

Means I cant complete all the details on the Travel Checklist App

The Departure Group feature is not in use.  Just arrange it on board either through the information form they give out, or go to Passenger Services if you don't like your assigned time.

• Like 2

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! Once again, the app and now even the web version don't recognize my upcoming booking on the Discovery April 29.

I was hoping it would be different than our last cruises in December. But nope. "No booking number found" Tried the uninstalling, clearing history/cache and then tried the web version. Neither work. 

I know that once it works and I'm onboard things will be fine, but for whatever reason, it still doesn't work like it should. Sigh....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RJGallagher1955 said:

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise! Once again, the app and now even the web version don't recognize my upcoming booking on the Discovery April 29.

I was hoping it would be different than our last cruises in December. But nope. "No booking number found" Tried the uninstalling, clearing history/cache and then tried the web version. Neither work. 

I know that once it works and I'm onboard things will be fine, but for whatever reason, it still doesn't work like it should. Sigh....

I wouldn’t uninstall/ reinstall the app.  Most of the problems seem to be from data/database issues. And reinstalling the app wont make a difference.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

I wouldn’t uninstall/ reinstall the app.  Most of the problems seem to be from data/database issues. And reinstalling the app wont make a difference.

The only reason I've done it is because it was a suggested solution last year. You're right, it hasn't done anything. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RJGallagher1955 said:

The only reason I've done it is because it was a suggested solution last year. You're right, it hasn't done anything. 

Pretty common with releases like this.  Initial problems were probably associated with the app.  Those types of issues can sometimes be resolved by uninstalling/reinstalling.  But now it seems like they’ve gotten a lot of the app issues ironed out, and they’re tinkering with the backend systems, and affecting all of their users in the same ways.  So nothing we can do - just hope they sort it out and more importantly  that they don’t lose any data while they’re doing it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WAvoyager said:

Pretty common with releases like this.  Initial problems were probably associated with the app.  Those types of issues can sometimes be resolved by uninstalling/reinstalling.  But now it seems like they’ve gotten a lot of the app issues ironed out, and they’re tinkering with the backend systems, and affecting all of their users in the same ways.  So nothing we can do - just hope they sort it out and more importantly  that they don’t lose any data while they’re doing it.

I told one of the Ocean Ready Navigators that I have hard copies of our Cruise History and Future Cruise Credits just in case fixing our corrupt data tanks, and he quickly reassured me, “oh, you don’t need to worry, it won’t come to that.”  For me, I’m not willing to risk finding out too late that it was just one more thing I’ve been told along the way that ends up, “oops, this wasn’t supposed to happen.”  🤨

I'm so happy to report that we just finished out third voyage since November and the app worked perfectly throughout the process of inputting information, the check-in process, boarding the ship, ordering, shopping, creating dining options, using the app's daily patter, checking port information, account information, checking dining menus, locating travel mates and posting messages.

It's sad that there are still folks that can't get it to work while we had no problems at all. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Grego said:

I'm so happy to report that we just finished out third voyage since November and the app worked perfectly throughout the process of inputting information, the check-in process, boarding the ship, ordering, shopping, creating dining options, using the app's daily patter, checking port information, account information, checking dining menus, locating travel mates and posting messages.

It's sad that there are still folks that can't get it to work while we had no problems at all. 

I had no problem setting all of is us up in 3 bookings for this family cruise.  The app has been kind of funky on board, though.

I had asked for help . Got the stock email back. My problem was on our photos it showed Blue card instead of Elite (on our photos). Never heard back but yesterday they fixed it alright. They removed our photos and still indicated Blue first time cruiser.

We are in Green lane and are cruising in a couple of weeks.Medallions arrive today and I am sure they will be wrong(first time cruiser color vs. Black for Elite). I will handle it once on board . I went ahead and printed our cruise history in case once on board they can't access it. Only reason I care right now is want to get our Elite benefits on board which includes the discounts on the tours we booked and purchases that we may be eligible  for on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, chshrkt said:

This site must be slammed, I am unable to log in.

"Unable to login. Please try again later."

Just go to Princess.com.

Clik on Manage Your Cruise. You are now at what used to be the very functional Personalizer (call it Personalizer Decapitated)

Under the logo for Google Play, there is a blue "Try our web version". Click on it.

It will take you to the web-based app.

If you have more than one cruise booked, you have to enter the booking #, etc. There's a glitch in the system (of course) and you can only get to the other cruises by entering your info (no point & click).

• Like 1

HELP

I downloaded Medallionclass version 3.8 today however, when I went into my iPad settings - general - iPad storage, then I select medallion class and I notice I have version 3.098752. Is this correct?

9 hours ago, DHP1 said:

HELP

I downloaded Medallionclass version 3.8 today however, when I went into my iPad settings - general - iPad storage, then I select medallion class and I notice I have version 3.098752. Is this correct?

I am wondering if they finally sync'd version numbers because you quoted the current Android version.

Question on the new Web version of the Medallion app. When I log in on the web version using my login ID and password, I seem to be presented with the details of only the next of our four booked cruises and none of the others. I am able to edit the info and we are both Green Lane and ready to go. How does one access the other cruises? On the phone version of the app I can "touch" my avatar photo on the left and it opens a popup window listing all of the cruises. I can then select the specific sailing I want to work on, and it opens up. I can't find a similar functionality on the web version, the only way I can access individual sailings is to log in to the web site using my name, booking # and birthday. I seem to have to log in to each cruise separately.  Am I missing something or is this how it currently works? Thanks..