Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

5 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you just canceled and booked a new one.  You don’t do anything on the app yet.  It takes about a day for the website info to mesh with the App.

The website will update first, then the App. 
Check the App tmrw, it might be updated by then.

When you see your new booking on the App, then it should have moved all your 

website information over to the app. 
You’ll need to then go through the items on the App to get back to the green lane.

Were you leaving on May 7 on the old one?

You don’t see the cabin number on the old booking, because it is starting to mesh from the website.

Hopefully, you’ll see your new booking on there tmrw. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

If you just canceled and booked a new one.  You don’t do anything on the app yet.  It takes about a day for the website info to mesh with the App.

The website will update first, then the App. 
Check the App tmrw, it might be updated by then.

Thanks I'll wait a day or 2

• Like 1

This is my first Princess cruise in a long time, before the app. We are not computer savvy, what do people do that have phones only to talk to others? Obviously I am thinking of another cruise line. Any suggestions? We are mature seniors!  Have a good day.  Thanks for your help.

21 minutes ago, Sea and Me said:

This is my first Princess cruise in a long time, before the app. We are not computer savvy, what do people do that have phones only to talk to others? Obviously I am thinking of another cruise line. Any suggestions? We are mature seniors!  Have a good day.  Thanks for your help.

you can now complete all required pre-boarding tasks with a computer or tablet.  Most things onboard can be accomplished with the TV, phone or pesky human contact. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sea and Me said:

I agree with what VibeGuy said, you can even turn up at the pier with passport, Vaccination proof, Covid test, just like the old days :-). On our recent cruise we had DD and DGD with us and using the App to locate them was handy. Otherwise we would have left phones in the safe. No benefit to us to be able to order drinks delivered to us.

Just a point about some comments in this thread about 'moving information to the app etc.'. The App does not store information, it is merely a way to get to the Server where information is stored. When cancelling / booking cruises, you need to wait until the Server is updated with new information. Deleting and reinstalling the App will not affect this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Is anybody using a tablet for Medallion?  If so, are you having any problems?  I'm thinking about it as an alternative to my phone, but I don't wanna open up a new can of worms.

My partner used his Samsung Galaxy S10+ Tablet with no issues on our 5-day cruise on the Ruby in Nov 2021

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 12:02 PM, Thrak said:

Princess Vacation Protection has two levels. When one becomes Platinum they get the higher level of insurance at the cost of the lower level.

Correct me if I am wrong but the more deluxe insurance kicks in at Ruby Level, on the 4th cruise not at Platinum on the 6th cruise. When Ruby level was new and they shoe horned up it in between Gold and Platinum levels (Gold previously was for 2nd through 5th cruises) the only additional thing that came with Ruby above Gold was the better insurance. Thus I always assumed that was why the added Ruby. I always thought “if I were in charge I would have made Ruby 4th to 7th cruise. That would have cut Platinum from 10 to 8 cruises making that a little easier to get through and made the steps a bit more logical. 1st is Blue, 2-3 Gold, 4-7 Ruby, 8-15 Platinum & 16 & Up Elite. But of course I would have added an Elite Plus years ago now too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AE_Collector said:

Correct me if I am wrong but the more deluxe insurance kicks in at Ruby Level, on the 4th cruise not at Platinum on the 6th cruise.

Yes, this was addressed in a previous posting. I acknowledged that I was mistaken. My only excuse was that previously there was no Ruby level and I hadn't updated my (granted inefficient) mental database with the new information. It used to be the case that the insurance upgrade only happened at the Platinum level.

I don't mind being corrected yet again. I posted incorrect content and am (seriously, I'm not being snarky) happy to be corrected for the benefit of others who frequent these boards.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 10:39 AM, Tug10 said:

We sail this Saturday and up until now the medallion app was kind of working fine for us as we were able to get our dining options we wanted, upload our passport info & photos and we had selected our embarkation time - we had Group A so the first available time slot.

All was good yesterday but checking it again today our embarkation slot has disappeared along with the QR code - the only available embarkation slot left was the very last option.

The issue we have is that we have pre-booked our travel arrangements to get to the port for the early embarkation time slot we originally had and this cannot be amended.

I am Elite and so would usually get priority boarding and don’t want to be sat around for hours on end after getting dropped off earlier due to our slot that disappeared.

Has anyone else had this issue or know whether we can maybe still board early?

It's possible they changed this since I last sailed in Nov 2021 but Elite, Platinum and Suite guests did still get priority boarding and no one was checking what group the app said you were in at all. On my October cruise out of LA it was the first cruise out of that terminal since the restart and it was pure chaos. Many Elite passengers were left waiting confusedly because no one could hear the ladies announcing when certain groups could board. They weren't even letting anyone approach the check in stations or use the rows and rows of seats that were for waiting for your group after the main check in. Once they FINALLY let us check in it was just straight through check-in and up the stairs onto the ship. I tried to help anybody around me that I could tell wasn't hearing the announcements. They had a whole Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge area set up that no one even used because of how disorganized everything was. However, in November out of San Francisco it was very smooth and orderly and we were passengers number 7 or 8 on board after being very first in line to get in the building when they finally opened up.

On 4/26/2022 at 4:21 AM, AF-1 said:

You won't get your QR code until the medallion app is completed to include health questionnaire 24 hrs prior to boarding. 

Forgot to do the "required" health questionnaire 24 hours before boarding. So, no QR code. Got to the port, checked in and while sitting in the boarding lounge remembered about the 24 hours. So...15 minutes before boarding did it anyway. Don't think it matters much.

On 4/26/2022 at 7:22 AM, ceilidh1 said:

So it sounds like I SHOULD be able to at least open the health questionnaire section - which I can't. I thought it might maybe come up 24 hours prior, but if you could fill it out earlier (even if you had to go back and do it again) something tells me that it's not going to allow me to do it 24 hours prior either. 

You can do it in the online app (in the Personalizer, sort of). If it works for you there.

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yes, this was addressed in a previous posting. I acknowledged that I was mistaken. My only excuse was that previously there was no Ruby level and I hadn't updated my (granted inefficient) mental database with the new information. It used to be the case that the insurance upgrade only happened at the Platinum level.

I don't mind being corrected yet again. I posted incorrect content and am (seriously, I'm not being snarky) happy to be corrected for the benefit of others who frequent these boards.

Ah sorry about that then. I had gone back to read the last 5-6 pages of this topic to try to see what I can learn before boarding and did a bit of a scan for a correction to this info but didn’t stumble upon it. At least I haven’t forgotten everything I knew in our 2.5 year absence from Princess and cruising. Which Royal Princess Alaska cruise are you doing in May? We are boarding Monday for the twelve day round trip with a couple of new Alaska ports. Originally it was to be on Pacific Princess when she was to return to Vancouver in 2020 after a ~5 year absence here but that won’t be happening now!

HELP!! I’m done with the medallion😢 the frustration isn’t worth it. What do I need to present on boarding without a medallion? Better yet is there a way to check in on line the old fashion way, it keeps directing me back to the cursed 🤬medallion. Thank you

15 minutes ago, Duffysmom said:

HELP!! I’m done with the medallion😢 the frustration isn’t worth it. What do I need to present on boarding without a medallion? Better yet is there a way to check in on line the old fashion way, it keeps directing me back to the cursed 🤬medallion. Thank you

Login to Cruise Personalizer.  There is a tiny note with a URL to the web-based Personal Information & Documents section found in  the MC App.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Login to Cruise Personalizer.  There is a tiny note with a URL to the web-based Personal Information & Documents section found in  the MC App.

@DuffysmomJust a little more info for you....

After you log in on Princess.com, click on "Manage this booking"

Scroll down a little & you'll see the logos for AppStore & Google Play

Under that it says "try our web version"

Click on that. You then have to log in again using your Princess.com user name & password.

Hope this helps.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:45 PM, atexsix said:

Is anybody using a tablet for Medallion?  If so, are you having any problems?  I'm thinking about it as an alternative to my phone, but I don't wanna open up a new can of worms.

Like someone else already posted - I am using a Samsung tablet with no issues - so far.  My main issue was we don't have a smart phone, have no idea how to use one, and didn't want one.  But when we booked this cruise and found out we couldn't do anything online I bought the tablet and figured bit out.  And of course now you can complete check in online like we used to do.  Now it appears, because of conversions to 5G, the old basic cell phone we have used for emergencies and to get text codes for third party verifications will not work come July - so we'll probably end up with a smartphone soon.  Anyone want to buy a tablet??? 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

Like someone else already posted - I am using a Samsung tablet with no issues - so far.  My main issue was we don't have a smart phone, have no idea how to use one, and didn't want one.  But when we booked this cruise and found out we couldn't do anything online I bought the tablet and figured bit out.  And of course now you can complete check in online like we used to do.  Now it appears, because of conversions to 5G, the old basic cell phone we have used for emergencies and to get text codes for third party verifications will not work come July - so we'll probably end up with a smartphone soon.  Anyone want to buy a tablet??? 🙂

From a privacy standpoint, there are aspects to Medallion and the app I find disturbing and you better believe as soon as we return from our sailing, the app will be deactivated from our phones.  I could even bring a dummy phone onto the ship, but it still doesn't change the fact that everybody is walking around with a giant tracker around their necks and every time somebody goes to the restroom or is still sitting there at last call, Princess knows about it. 

Surprised there aren't more people flat out refusing to use it.  Off ship, the majority of society would be horrified at the thought of such a device, our smartphones track us to some extent, but they can be shut off.  I don't need a phone to get into my house like we need the medallions to get into our staterooms.  

It's just weird in an Orwellian kinda way and we're probably going to take this one Princess trip and then run back as fast as we can to Holland America. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atexsix said:

From a privacy standpoint, there are aspects to Medallion and the app I find disturbing and you better believe as soon as we return from our sailing, the app will be deactivated from our phones.  I could even bring a dummy phone onto the ship, but it still doesn't change the fact that everybody is walking around with a giant tracker around their necks and every time somebody goes to the restroom or is still sitting there at last call, Princess knows about it. 

Surprised there aren't more people flat out refusing to use it.  Off ship, the majority of society would be horrified at the thought of such a device, our smartphones track us to some extent, but they can be shut off.  I don't need a phone to get into my house like we need the medallions to get into our staterooms.  

It's just weird in an Orwellian kinda way and we're probably going to take this one Princess trip and then run back as fast as we can to Holland America. 

Within CCL, Princess is part of the Holland America Group (HAG). If the powers to be decide that the Medallion and Medallion app are a success, according to whatever business metric they use, there is no doubt they will be introduced across HAG. You can run but you can not hide from what might be coming.

You can turn off your phone on board and put the Medallion in an RF proof container and take the Medallion out when you need to open the door or embark or disembark the ship.

Edited by brisalta
  • Like 3