Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Just a heads up (and sorry if I missed this being posted already). If you haven’t downloaded the newest version of the app do it before your next cruise. You need the new version to connect to Medallion Net.  And with this new app just know that none of your future cruises will show up on the app while you’re on your current cruise. No one could tell me why. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Just a heads up (and sorry if I missed this being posted already). If you haven’t downloaded the newest version of the app do it before your next cruise. You need the new version to connect to Medallion Net.  And with this new app just know that none of your future cruises will show up on the app while you’re on your current cruise. No one could tell me why. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I disagree.  I am not saying you are wrong for all guests, but if you are on board with the latest version of MC App, tap on PROFILE in bottom row and you will get the pop-out panel from the left side and that is the same as the off-ship version and I can see our next voyage there.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I disagree.  I am not saying you are wrong for all guests, but if you are on board with the latest version of MC App, tap on PROFILE in bottom row and you will get the pop-out panel from the left side and that is the same as the off-ship version and I can see our next voyage there.

When we got on on Sunday all our future cruises were gone, and the Ocean Navigator people said oh yeah, no problem. After reading your post I looked again. Our January cruise is now there, but the following 2 cruises are not🤷🏻‍♀️

On 7/6/2021 at 12:12 PM, skynight said:

I have no idea of how to do this. Never have scanned anything on my phone. Where do you find the step by step instructions?

I don't use my phone for this stuff unless forced.  I did all this baloney for NCL last month, it was beyond aggravating.  But it beats standing in line forever.  I have a scanner on my printer, and I know you can take a picture of your doc with your phone.  It took me forever to get several docs uploaded and properly in their place.  NCL's website 'didn't like' various photos, United didn't like our passport scans ... it was maddening.  Best to do an online search for exactly what you want to do ... sometimes it takes several bits of advice to actually accomplish your task.  Or prevail on a friend, or a friend's kid more likely, to help you.  

My Medallion App and Princess account are all tangled up with my cabin mate's account. Cannot lot in to website and App shows my picture and email address, but shows cabin mates name and credit card info. According to app, we both have same name. Other pieces are tangled, as well. I called and was told , wow, we've never seen this before,  and then was asked to give them a few days to figure it out. Cruise is in 3 weeks, so they have a bit of time....Anyone else experiencing this?  (I asked my roll call and they all seem ok.) Seems kinda glitchy and problematic.

1 hour ago, BarBug said:

My Medallion App and Princess account are all tangled up with my cabin mate's account. Cannot lot in to website and App shows my picture and email address, but shows cabin mates name and credit card info. According to app, we both have same name. Other pieces are tangled, as well. I called and was told , wow, we've never seen this before,  and then was asked to give them a few days to figure it out. Cruise is in 3 weeks, so they have a bit of time....Anyone else experiencing this?  (I asked my roll call and they all seem ok.) Seems kinda glitchy and problematic.

Those Ocean guys are always surprised, "never seen this before"...uh huh.

I had DH's middle name (mine is NMI). My security picture disappears, then reappears, his disappeared forever (had to do a new one). Other stuff was screwed up. They'd fix one thing and something else would break. At one point couldn't log in on app or internet. It took 3 months to get it fixed. We cruise on the 2nd and I ain't touchin' nuthin'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Those Ocean guys are always surprised, "never seen this before"...uh huh.

I had DH's middle name (mine is NMI). My security picture disappears, then reappears, his disappeared forever (had to do a new one). Other stuff was screwed up. They'd fix one thing and something else would break. At one point couldn't log in on app or internet. It took 3 months to get it fixed. We cruise on the 2nd and I ain't touchin' nuthin'.

I did cancel a specialty dinner reservation recently.  Havent seen the refund, maybe it went to her credit card and not mine? Messy. I'm leaving it alone.

On 10/8/2022 at 6:42 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Just wanted to update on my problem with progressing past the ordering a medallion stage. Being in Canada, I am unable to request it be shipped to me but it also stated that port pick up was unavailable. This meant I could not move from blue to green lane. I emailed the medallion people and, last Wednesday, got an email back saying that it was a data issue and had now been fixed. I immediately tried it out, but now all of the information that had been previously saved was gone. I logged out but then was unable to log back in and kept getting the message to link my booking. I decided to just leave alone. Next day, I was able to log in. All the saved info was back, and I was able to get the medallion ordered for pick up at the port. I am now officially in the green lane and anxiously awaiting arrival groups opening up!

This is my strategy for getting along with anything internet.  If it doesn't work right now, go away and try again later.  MOST of the time that works.  Sometimes unplugging a specific device for a while or restarting clears it all up.  But ongoing baloney like this mess at Princess is SUCH a waste of time!  I am not looking forward to all this for our first Princess cruise at Christmas, so I'll start early.  With an updated app of course.  I hope that Princess understands that they'll never see me again if their system continues to be so buggy; there's just no excuse for it after all these months (years?). 

• Like 1

Decided to check things again and see if my name is back in place. Yep. I like the new look. All of our booked cruises are in place and all of my dining selections for our December 2nd cruise are still intact as well. Looking good so far - at least on my phone. Hopefully this new version will run a little better on my wife's phone than the previous versions but she has a lower end phone so... I can do pretty much anything she needs done and if she wants to order things for the cabin it worked pretty well on the TV when we sailed in May. Looking forward to 16 days on Ruby going through the new PC locks.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I've got the new look app. It even got my name right. But can I find the dining options ? Can I heck !

Where has the little dining emoji gone to? 

Scroll down to Ocean Now and you will see Dine My Way, click to see your info.

well today it has gone crazy again! I went to update a celebration & when I click on personal information & documents it goes to a screen to link you booking which won't let me do anything & besides all my bookings are linked. I've tried several times throughout the day ...good thing we're not sailing for awhile so will keep checking

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Doug R. said:

Scroll down to Ocean Now and you will see Dine My Way, click to see your info.

Thank you. Found it. 

Problem now is that no reservations are available for any time later  than 19:30, which is much too early for us. I cannot believe that every table on the ship (Sky) is reserved after that time.

And only tables for two are available, and we like to share.   

Hey Ho. We've booked for 19:30 every night, on the off chance that we might be ready to eat that early on occasion,   but otherwise we will turn up an hour or so later and take our chances. 

44 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thank you. Found it. 

Problem now is that no reservations are available for any time later  than 19:30, which is much too early for us. I cannot believe that every table on the ship (Sky) is reserved after that time.

And only tables for two are available, and we like to share.   

Hey Ho. We've booked for 19:30 every night, on the off chance that we might be ready to eat that early on occasion,   but otherwise we will turn up an hour or so later and take our chances. 

You should never have a problem with dining at 8:30pm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

You should never have a problem with dining at 8:30pm.

Indeed.  Never have in the past. 

I wonder if they are not accepting reservations beyond 7:30 because it is realised that they will not be needed later in the evening. If so, it is a departure from the previous reservation system. 

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Indeed.  Never have in the past. 

I wonder if they are not accepting reservations beyond 7:30 because it is realised that they will not be needed later in the evening. If so, it is a departure from the previous reservation system. 

Attempting to decipher what DMW is doing is like trying to find your way in a pitch black catacomb maze.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

well today it has gone crazy again! I went to update a celebration & when I click on personal information & documents it goes to a screen to link you booking which won't let me do anything & besides all my bookings are linked. I've tried several times throughout the day ...good thing we're not sailing for awhile so will keep checking

Same problem here on 2 cruises I rebooked this morning. One departs Feb. 26. The other not until Nov., 2023. I'll give it a few days, then try again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Seems like you'd have to have a wireless printer, then figure out a way to get your phone connected to it.

Even with a connected wireless printer there has to be a print option and there isn’t one in the app. that I could find.  You can download and view them in the app but not print or save to pdf.  If someone finds a way please share.

Edited by t&atravel

I'm having a problem adding Travel Companions for a cruise next summer. I've done this before o n other cruises with no problems, but can't seem to get it to work this time. I've had the couple confirm their booking number with me, logged off the app and back on, waited a few days.....out of ideas. It keeps coming up with "Booking number not found". 

Also tried using all lower case, upper case, deleting spaces, etc.

I guess I will call next week if I can't figure it out, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had a suggestion.

2 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I'm having a problem adding Travel Companions for a cruise next summer. I've done this before o n other cruises with no problems, but can't seem to get it to work this time. I've had the couple confirm their booking number with me, logged off the app and back on, waited a few days.....out of ideas. It keeps coming up with "Booking number not found". 

Also tried using all lower case, upper case, deleting spaces, etc.

I guess I will call next week if I can't figure it out, but just thought I'd see if anyone else had a suggestion.

Try having them add you.  If they can do it it will show up on your app too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mtfasls said:

Does anyone know how to print port guides from the medallion app?

1 hour ago, t&atravel said:

Even with a connected wireless printer there has to be a print option and there isn’t one in the app. that I could find.  You can download and view them in the app but not print or save to pdf.  If someone finds a way please share.

38 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yeah, that too.

First, I'd like to say it is ridiculous to have all four pages of the port guides display 4-up on the smartphone screen instead of a page at a time.

You can get hardcopies from Guest Services or perhaps the Shorex Desk.

• Like 1