Cruise ship fight between Florida, CDC heads to appeals court

BlerkOne

Totally expected.  And either party will almost certainly appeal this next court's decision.  But the Supreme Court might just opt out, and its current session is ending anyway and the current CSO will be about expired by their next session.  So there'd either be no CSO or a new CSO by then anyway.

Edited by arkaine23

and cruising still hasn't skipped a beat since restarting. If few or no covid cases reported on the cruises currently running, I think the existing protocols will remain in place for some time, as cases on land are rising.

• Like 5

I don't care what any Administration does. However, I do care 100% that we have ONE SET of rules that applies to everything in this country and its territories without any exemptions. If there is an exemption, it applies to everyone and everything. This has been the issue across the board for 15 months. 

• The CDC wants 6' social distancing if anyone is there for 15 minutes? Great, then require 6' of separation for all businesses. This include airlines, vehicles, trains, and wait for it...all government building including public schools!!!
  • Want to make a mask requirement? Define and certify the exact masks people must wear, in exactly what situations, and this applies across the board. 

Once again, our Regime is trying to meddle with something they need to get their hands out of. I would laugh if the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals says they will hear the case June 2022. 

• Like 10

Its over, the cruise lines know it and the cdc knows it.  Time to get back to cruising and forget the over-management, overstepping, over reach organization and get back to cruising.  

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

The CDC will maintain some authority and it may be worse than the CSO like stopping cruise ships that have covid on board from coming into the US.  I would rather have the CSO.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mallow said:

The CDC will maintain some authority and it may be worse than the CSO like stopping cruise ships that have covid on board from coming into the US.  I would rather have the CSO.

This is true. I like having adults and science in charge.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Mallow said:

The CDC wouldn't do that either. Like I said, whatever rules apply need to be across the board, no exceptions. That means everyone flying internationally should be tested in flight. The plane has to turn and find some other country to land if they have a covid case. If they don't have fuel they can ditch in the ocean and float there like a cruise ship. 

Like I said, every industry and business treated exactly the same.

Edited by BoozinCroozin
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

The CDC wouldn't do that either. Like I said, whatever rules apply need to be across the board, no exceptions. That means everyone flying internationally should be tested in flight. The plane has to turn and find some other country to land if they have a covid case. If they don't have fuel they can ditch in the ocean and float there like a cruise ship. 

Of course the CDC would. That's the whole point. Cruise ships are NOT the same as other industries. Cruise ships are unique.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Of course the CDC would. That's the whole point. Cruise ships are NOT the same as other industries. Cruise ships are unique.

I disagree completely. I can't say the word, but no where in any data collected has this disease been selective on how it is contracted. I am willing to bet 99%+ of all cases were contracted from other places besides cruise ships. That alone should tell you something very telling. My daughter's school had 18 of 25 students contract it in one classroom. That is much higher than the highest infection rate on a cruise ship. I will continue to say it. What is good for one industry is good for all of them. Covid has no knowledge of where it is being spread.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I disagree completely. I can't say the word, but no where in any data collected has this disease been selective on how it is contracted. I am willing to bet 99%+ of all cases were contracted from other places besides cruise ships. That alone should tell you something very telling. My daughter's school had 18 of 25 students contract it in one classroom. That is much higher than the highest infection rate on a cruise ship. I will continue to say it. What is good for one industry is good for all of them. Covid has no knowledge of where it is being spread.

Cruise lines voluntarily put a hold on cruise for months. I will continue to say the virus sets the schedule, and right now covid cases are increasing. Some health care units are overwhelmed, AGAIN, and putting out emergency requests for health care workers. Haven't they sacrificed enough?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Cruise lines voluntarily put a hold on cruise for months. I will continue to say the virus sets the schedule, and right now covid cases are increasing. Some health care units are overwhelmed, AGAIN, and putting out emergency requests for health care workers. Haven't they sacrificed enough?

The cruiselines were forced to shutdown because of the CDC. There was nothing voluntary about it in the US. As for increasing cases, the government needs to state the number of cases due to unvaccinated versus vaccinated. Then and only then does any of this matter. I am certain that an extremely large percentage of cases, especially mid-to-severe are from unvaccinated. That number will pretty much tell the real story. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

The cruiselines were forced to shutdown because of the CDC. There was nothing voluntary about it in the US. As for increasing cases, the government needs to state the number of cases due to unvaccinated versus vaccinated. Then and only then does any of this matter. I am certain that an extremely large percentage of cases, especially mid-to-severe are from unvaccinated. That number will pretty much tell the real story. 

The CDC didn't shutdown cruise lines worldwide.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5182/

Edited by BlerkOne
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

You seem to be advocating one size fits all, but the world just does not work that way.

• Like 3

confused.  I am happy cruises are restarting  . isn't that what we wanted.. to be on the high seas? 

so let the protocols stay- we all sail safely- done deal.

I already started my dollar store haul for December. 

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, stellarose said:

confused.  I am happy cruises are restarting  . isn't that what we wanted.. to be on the high seas? 

so let the protocols stay- we all sail safely- done deal.

I already started my dollar store haul for December. 

You are correct, the op and a few others have a tough time accepting the state of affairs.  Ignore them, cruising is back and will stay.  

• Like 9

8 hours ago, BoozinCroozin said:

As for increasing cases, the government needs to state the number of cases due to unvaccinated versus vaccinated. Then and only then does any of this matter. I am certain that an extremely large percentage of cases, especially mid-to-severe are from unvaccinated. That number will pretty much tell the real story. 

like this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/07/us/maryland-unvaccinated-covid-deaths/index.html

"Last month, 130 people died of Covid-19 in Maryland. None of them were vaccinated, according to Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan.

In addition, unvaccinated people made up 95% of new Covid-19 cases in the state and 93% of new Covid-19 hospitalizations, Hogan said at a news conference Wednesday.
The connection between vaccination status and Covid-19 is not specific to Maryland and is not limited to last month, medical experts have said."

9 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I will continue to say the virus sets the schedule, and right now covid cases are increasing. Some health care units are overwhelmed, AGAIN, and putting out emergency requests for health care workers. Haven't they sacrificed enough?

funny how the States with the worst vaccination rates are typically trending as the States with increasing COVID cases and hospital capacity issues.  With the Delta variant taking hold the divide between vaccinated and unvaccinated will only get wider.  I just hope that another variant doesn't appear within the unvaccinated crowd that finally defeats the current vaccination protections and screws the rest of us.

• Like 10

21 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

and cruising still hasn't skipped a beat since restarting. If few or no covid cases reported on the cruises currently running, I think the existing protocols will remain in place for some time, as cases on land are rising.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/ohio-covid-cases.html

There is absolutely zero way to look at the data and conclude that cases are on the rise. 

You can scream Delta and unvaccinated from the rooftops alongside CNN as much as you'd like. Two judges have now said that "science and experts" didn't exist along the nonsensical COVID policies because the rest of society is back to normal life. It's time to give it up.

• Like 3

Can't access the Times, but Missouri is flagged as one of the states heading to crisis mode and diverting covid patients to other hospitals again and calling in for extra nursing/medical help.  

This is just one article I've seen on Missouri: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-york-salutes-health-workers-missouri-fights-covid-surge-n1273285

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BroadwayGirl said:

Can't access the Times, but Missouri is flagged as one of the states heading to crisis mode and diverting covid patients to other hospitals again and calling in for extra nursing/medical help.  

This is just one article I've seen on Missouri: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/new-york-salutes-health-workers-missouri-fights-covid-surge-n1273285

Missouri, 38/51 states (including DC) in vaccination rate.  39.4% of population fully vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

You can scream Delta and unvaccinated from the rooftops alongside CNN as much as you'd like. Two judges have now said that "science and experts" didn't exist along the nonsensical COVID policies because the rest of society is back to normal life. It's time to give it up.

What two judges? It's the same one over and over. Delta is killing off the unvaccinated and they are dying younger.

• Like 3