Vaccination proof for 2nd Celebrity Cruise

I’m thinking the answer is no. I was on a Millennium sailing in June and was required to indicate my status at checkin and at the pier. 

Ive now checked in for the Equinox and there were no questions or spot for me to address vaccination. Some people have reported getting phone calls as well, but I haven’t got a one.  

I’ll still bring the card on the cruise just in case. 

I am on Edge B2B 7/24 & 31.

I got my vax call last Thursday for the 24th.

I got my call for the 31st yesterday--they knew I was vaxxed but still said to have my card.

Being that it is a B2B I don't anticipate needing to show it.

But I would bring it NO MATTER WHAT.

10 hours ago, marieps said:

I have to show my passport every time.  Same dif I would think.

I think the difference is your passport is physically needed for entrance to other countries (each wanting it separately).  Furthermore you might have lost it, replaced it with new expiration date, or even had it revoked. It is not only of interest to the ship.

Once vaxxed, unless they confirm boosters are needed, your record as being vaxxed can be kept on file for presentation to foreign or US health officials with no similar concerns that your status could change.

Edited by mayleeman

1 hour ago, mayleeman said:

I think the difference is your passport is physically needed for entrance to other countries (each wanting it separately).  Furthermore you might have lost it, replaced it with new expiration date, or even had it revoked. It is not only of interest to the ship.

Once vaxxed, unless they confirm boosters are needed, your record as being vaxxed can be kept on file for presentation to foreign or US health officials with no similar concerns that your status could change.

Lol ...Kept on file... Given that X can't even keep my current booking straight, I have no confidence that their IT systems and record keeping could maintain accurate information over time. And I'm not so sure that X even has that confidence in themselves. 

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

That's a different issue. I was only talking about why a passport would be required because it is not the same as a vax designation.

And you are right--no one should assume the files kept by the X IT are complete, and definitely should always bring proof.

16 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I’m thinking the answer is no. I was on a Millennium sailing in June and was required to indicate my status at checkin and at the pier. 

Ive now checked in for the Equinox and there were no questions or spot for me to address vaccination. Some people have reported getting phone calls as well, but I haven’t got a one.  

I’ll still bring the card on the cruise just in case. 

Ok so I did get a call from Miami today. Wanted to confirm vax status but also said I need to bring the piece of paper with me. 

57 minutes ago, redjetz said:

a question for all who have sailed - does Celebrity confirm the accuracy of the vaccination cards you upload? Indian because anyone can fake the card. 

Celebrity states: "NOTICE: Proof of vaccination will be recorded and may be reviewed for signs of fraud. Unauthorized use of an official government agency seal such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seal is a federal crime, and will be reported to the relevant government authorities."

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Celebrity states: "NOTICE: Proof of vaccination will be recorded and may be reviewed for signs of fraud. Unauthorized use of an official government agency seal such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention seal is a federal crime, and will be reported to the relevant government authorities."

yeah, that’s what I was concerned about - a huge hole that allows the deliberately unvaccinated to lie and likely get away with it. Drat - we really miss cruising, have had 2 canceled. But we won’t cruise unless we are sure the lines actually verify passengers’ vax status. For those of you who are willing to cruise anyway, I hope you all have a fabulous time and hope we feel comfortable joining in the fun soon!

10 hours ago, redjetz said:

But we won’t cruise unless we are sure the lines actually verify passengers’ vax status.

Well, you won't be cruising any time soon, as the logistics of real time verification of vaccination status of passengers from around the world are far beyond the capability of Celebrity or any other cruise line. 

22 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Well, you won't be cruising any time soon, as the logistics of real time verification of vaccination status of passengers from around the world are far beyond the capability of Celebrity or any other cruise line. 

If they verified them in advance, it wouldn’t be a huge problem, as in when the Booking was made. But regardless, we are making other vacation plans for now as I know people lie about their vax status and I simply don’t care to be in a somewhat confined space with such folks, especially with the Delta variant raging in some Midwest and southern areas. But as I said, I wish all who do cruise a safe, carefree and wonderful time!

Wondering if they will accept California's Digital Verification.   It has a QR code and also lists exact date Manufacturer and lot number of the vaccinations.    Looks like this -   To be clear the state made sure they stayed away from the hot word Vaccination Passport.     Seems so much easier than keeping a card that gets ragged if not laminated.

Stock photo not mine -

image.png.d0e76ffb2b8733d6b5c0aadfb8203843.png

• Like 1