Is there any way to know if the room I booked is a 1D balcony or 2D?

I booked  Oasis of the Seas and I want to know if my paperwork tells me this anywhere because I can’t find it.

Long story short I booked 2 rooms for my family at the exact same time and the price was the same. I recently applied for a price match but somehow one of the rooms came out costing more than the other and I can’t figure out why.

I believe the 1D can hold up to 4 people but the 2D can only hold up to 2. Do you have a different number of people in each room? 

I do wish they were different colors on the deck plan. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I believe the 1D can hold up to 4 people but the 2D can only hold up to 2. Do you have a different number of people in each room? 

Yes odd numbers hold 3 or 4 people. Even hold 1 or 2.

1D is a quad bedroom. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

I have the same number of people in both rooms (2) so I can’t figure it out lol.

Are 1D rooms any bigger than 2D? I have 6170 and 6168. Are they the same size?

Edited by Cherries Jubilee

17 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I have the same number of people in both rooms (2) so I can’t figure it out lol.

Not as far as I know. I think it was just to split the higher capacity rooms into a different category so they could charge more for those that want 4 in a room. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Well... they arent different colors, but they use * to denote a 3/4 person cabins vs 2 person from what I've been told. It's a lot less jarring on the eyes to see a * rather than alternating colors

1 hour ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

6168 should have a pull out couch and 6170 wont

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

Well... they arent different colors, but they use * to denote a 3/4 person cabins vs 2 person from what I've been told. It's a lot less jarring on the eyes to see a * rather than alternating colors

6168 should have a pull out couch and 6170 wont

So 6170 will have a couch but it won’t pull out into a bed? I’m fine with that.

Thank you all for your help!

41 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

If I'm trying to figure out all the cabins in my category to pick mine or move the same color is was easier to identify than an asterisk. Color differences will register with your brain automatically, where you have to search each individual cabin for the asterisk.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smplybcause said:

If I'm trying to figure out all the cabins in my category to pick mine or move the same color is was easier to identify than an asterisk.

RCI is not in the business of making things easier.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smplybcause said:

If I'm trying to figure out all the cabins in my category to pick mine or move the same color is was easier to identify than an asterisk. Color differences will register with your brain automatically, where you have to search each individual cabin for the asterisk.

The problem is that with over 40 categories of cabins on some ships the colours end up being very close and it is difficult to distinguish between some

• Like 2

I see what a poster means about colors being too close.... Here is another way to figure out category. Do a mock booking on cruise.com.... once you select a specific cruise... when you get to cabin selection... they give you option of specific classes of cabins... then when you click on ...say D2... they will show the ones available... that will help you figure out D1 vs D2... It appears 6170 is a D2  hope this link works...

You may have to keep trying cruises until you find one where 6170 is available...because... it is still unclear..... so I kept searching until I could confirm 6170 is D2

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 9.04.19 AM.png

Edited by kearney
discovered that there are D1 and D2 on deck 6 and colors are too close

Forgive me for being a board hog...but this question bugged me... the reason the colors are too close..is because they are the same... you can tell the difference by the *, sorry... I overlooked previous posts that mentioned this... 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The problem is that with over 40 categories of cabins on some ships the colours end up being very close and it is difficult to distinguish between some

Holy crap. Never put together it was that friggin many. Did they add some since 2019? Because I know when I sailed Oasis in Dec 2019 when I was picking my room the central park balconies were two slightly different shades but now they're all one color and the same shade even though two different categories. 

10 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I booked  Oasis of the Seas and I want to know if my paperwork tells me this anywhere because I can’t find it.

On my Booking Confirmation, at the top in the center is a column of relevant information.

Reservation ID:
Ship:
Departure Date:
Itinerary:
Stateroom:

The category of the room is the code just before the actual room number on the "stateroom" line.  For example, I have "2J-10229 Central Park View Balcony" or "4V-3005 Interior".  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Holy crap. Never put together it was that friggin many. Did they add some since 2019? Because I know when I sailed Oasis in Dec 2019 when I was picking my room the central park balconies were two slightly different shades but now they're all one color and the same shade even though two different categories. 

There are actually fewer now than there was in 2017.  It's horrible looking at the small printed deck plans

9 hours ago, smplybcause said:

It's literally every other room..... look at the deck plan... If that's too difficult for you, then idk what to say

9 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

So 6170 will have a couch but it won’t pull out into a bed? I’m fine with that.

Thank you all for your help!

I believe so. Again, this is just what I have been told myself so take it with a grain of salt unless someone backs me up. But I have been told that 2 person cabins have regular couches and 3/4 person cabins right next to them have couches that look the same but are pullouts. 

5 minutes ago, Miloomar said:

It's literally every other room..... look at the deck plan... If that's too difficult for you, then idk what to say

All I'm saying is it was easier when they had color hue differences. Color a pre-attentive attribute so that's what makes it easier. If that's too difficult for you to understand, then idk what to say. 

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

In the uppermost section of your ROYAL CARIBBEAN  GUEST COPY of your booking you will see the category next to the stateroom number.

8300.JPG

It shows up there on the guest copy that some travel agents send to clients but it does not show up on the cruise vacation receipt that you get if you book direct with Royal.  It simply states the cabin category...interior, oceanview..etc.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It shows up there on the guest copy that some travel agents send to clients but it does not show up on the cruise vacation receipt that you get if you book direct with Royal.  It simply states the cabin category...interior, oceanview..etc.

Gee, are you saying Royal's IT department is inconsistent??  LOL

• Like 1

I went on cruise dot com to see what I could find.  In order to get 6158 I had to put it in for 4 people in the room.  When I did that, it came up as category 1D for 12/18/2022.  It's already been confirmed that 6160 is category 2D.  Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, Peak city said:

I went on cruise dot com to see what I could find.  In order to get 6158 I had to put it in for 4 people in the room.  When I did that, it came up as category 1D for 12/18/2022.  It's already been confirmed that 6160 is category 2D.  Hope this helps.

Thank you!

And thank you to everyone else as well!