What are some of the fun things to do on an Edge cruise?

Ken the cruiser

15 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Definitely bring a few games, card games (such as phase ten) can be fun to play anywhere on the ship.

Good idea! For us if we're killing time before a show or some event in order to get good seats, we usually play rummy to pass the time. 😎

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Definitely bring a few games, card games (such as phase ten) can be fun to play anywhere on the ship.

On our family cruise (w/ our 3 YA children) in 2018 we brought several card games (some not so PC!), particularly those that invoke a lot of discussion. Game night has always been an important time in our family. We are bringing some to play with friends this cruise as well (leaving the not so PC ones at home this time😂)

• Like 1

Events and shows at the Club..

On the  ship Art excursion

On the  Ship insider excursion

SPA treatments

Spaces outside of EDEN

EDEN cafe..brunch and lunch

Quiet lobby..off hrs near guest relations

Pool area at night..great lights.

BISTRO CAFE..( not sure of name)

Loved it for sit down lunch..great view, food, wine and service ; and take out items .. skip le petit Chef unless u are a fan..

In Jan of 2020 the Circque de Solei show was definitely in the Club. That’s not to say that on other sailings it wasn’t in Eden. 
Another thing we enjoyed in the Club was an Escape room game, if you’re into that type of thing!

16 hours ago, Lane412000 said:

I would recommend not participating in the silent disco.  Just an opinion but with Delta running around these days, unsure if it is the best idea to be face to face with many strangers on the dance floor during this event.  Now, viewing it I agree can be fun.

Sigh…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SueMo said:

In Jan of 2020 the Circque de Solei show was definitely in the Club. That’s not to say that on other sailings it wasn’t in Eden. 
Another thing we enjoyed in the Club was an Escape room game, if you’re into that type of thing!

There have been no "Eden" shows per se this summer...musical groups at various times of the day only.

• Thanks 1

We will be on the EDGE Oct 2 for a b/b, my question is how do get to go to the 4 mdrs?? Do you have to go to 1 of the dinning rooms & tell them you want to try another one daily or must you change all at one time or ask everyday what ones are available Hope I am making myself clear.

george35

6 minutes ago, george35 said:

We will be on the EDGE Oct 2 for a b/b, my question is how do get to go to the 4 mdrs?? Do you have to go to 1 of the dinning rooms & tell them you want to try another one daily or must you change all at one time or ask everyday what ones are available Hope I am making myself clear.

george35

Or you can pull up your booking in your Celebrity account, then select -> Manage Reservations -> Dining Packages -> Then click on "Plan All Cruise Dining" and choose the applicable options.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

george35

thankyou ken

11 minutes ago, george35 said:

george35

thankyou ken

Sorry. I thought you might want to pre-book each of the 4 MDRs on specific days to include a set dining time. This is what we did on our upcoming Apex cruise on Nov 9th as we're not much for just showing up and standing in line at the MDR entrance to ask if there is a table available.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, george35 said:

george35

thankyou ken

Best to call the one you want or plan ahead...some have few res available if you drop in..but not sure if reduced pax numbers change that,

We booked our res ahead for the mdrs  When plans changed  one night we did get in but not at our first choice

Two of my favorite things are listening to music and drinking, two great places are martini bar that has great live music from early afternoon and the best bartenders anywhere and bar by Eden which has killer wake views of the ship and also live music.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

She is buff yet graceful, beautiful in her strength of appearance. It’s like Celebrity sent her to the gym for a couple of months with a personal trainer in order to tone up in all the right places. As the oldest of two new sisters in town, she has certainly established herself as the most talked about X cruise ship. You know that.

Enjoy Edge in her entirety and do not dwell too much on specific characteristics or activities. Yes, her appearance is different and her soul comes across, perhaps in a more modern and eclectic presentation. We cruised on Edge with the fifth sailing and found her to be very accommodating. The fun came in our attempt to fully enjoy everything she has to offer. Not just in what one can do, but also in what one can see.  

Ken, however you approach your cruise on Lady Edge, what you find important in fulfilling your enjoyment will be there. Somewhere within these posts and suggestions, there lies your space. It promises to be fun.    

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

2 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

She is buff yet graceful, beautiful in her strength of appearance. It’s like Celebrity sent her to the gym for a couple of months with a personal trainer in order to tone up in all the right places. As the oldest of two new sisters in town, she has certainly established herself as the most talked about X cruise ship. You know that.

Enjoy Edge in her entirety and do not dwell too much on specific characteristics or activities. Yes, her appearance is different and her soul comes across, perhaps in a more modern and eclectic presentation. We cruised on Edge with the fifth sailing and found her to be very accommodating. The fun came in our attempt to fully enjoy everything she has to offer. Not just in what one can do, but also in what one can see.  

Ken, however you approach your cruise on Lady Edge, what you find important in fulfilling your enjoyment will be there. Somewhere within these posts and suggestions, there lies your space. It promises to be fun.   

Thanks! I know we're going to have a blast and create a ton of memories just like we do on all of the cruises we go on. I have to admit, though, we're even looking forward to the drive down and showing up at Noon on embarkation day just to experience our "12-12:30" check-in process. For us it's all about the cruising experience. 😎

I mentioned this in my mini review but we absolutely loved the band in the Grand Plaza, in the Martini Bar section.  Nu Image.  Our last cruise on Edge the band was pretty shaky.  These guys are just so talented.  Don’t miss them.  Plus they are really fun to talk to.  And the house orchestra did one set at the MB thot we caught and they were outstanding.

We didn’t do the Silent Disco but it is a hoot to watch.  Hope you have a wonderful time! Just anticipating is fun! 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach51
Added info
  • Thanks 1