LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam, First HAL Ship to Sail!!

LAFFNVEGAS

10 minutes ago, Suslor said:

Thanks Rich, Roy and everyone who makes this happen. We did a partial trip through the Panama Canal in 2017 and are looking forward to the full transit on our 2/13/22 cruise. 

D7709612-38C1-4067-BDC8-A15D3A1D6018.jpeg

E3B36A8E-93CF-4469-990D-17C4927D488B.jpeg

7C419AF4-B722-41B3-A0C5-A9C1503E914C.jpeg

6A2FE125-9306-49E8-BBE0-154BE92A90AD.jpeg

F2C02219-84BE-42C6-9025-4D8972ADC805.jpeg

39CABCEE-AE8D-4338-9E4C-F210846EAD93.jpeg

E96E9A68-4A5B-4BBE-9114-519232141274.jpeg

D62A04AF-F6BA-470C-9F86-81B9EA82A8F7.jpeg

132314DF-8A3E-4EF1-B9AA-AB0A89FE1A09.jpeg

I think you want to post this on the Daily, not Lisa’s LIVE thread.

If you are on, you have time to copy it, edit & delete this post and re-post it on the Daily.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Suslor said:

Thanks Rich, Roy and everyone who makes this happen. We did a partial trip through the Panama Canal in 2017 and are looking forward to the full transit on our 2/13/22 cruise. 

Love your pictures @Suslorbut I think you meant to post this on the Daily for today's port of the day.  😉

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Pia1913 said:

I can answer your lunch question. Yesterday at the Lido there was a pasta station as usual and it was the Asian sushi Station as usual everything up there looks the same. The only difference is that you are being served everywhere other than  at the little dessert thingy where you just take out your dessert on each of the individual plates.

breakfast this morning however was not really good. Obviously the dining room needs to get their act together.  You already heard about the dinner situation from last night and the morning obviously it’s not much better than that.  The order took forever and then when it came out part of it had to be sent back. Nobody poured water unless we hijacked someone to do it. No bread basket so you really need to order what you want immediately.   coffee service is practically nonexistent.  We were seated by 8:10, didn’t get out of there until 9:30. Breakfast should be the easiest meal to handle.   Lido tomorrow. 😉

Not sure what you mean about bread basket.  I’ve never seen them randomly going around the table offering toast etc unless you ordered it.  If you mean pastries they have not done that on my last few cruises (pre covid) but my cruises have been on newer ships.  I’ve found it’s been a struggle for years to get coffee in the morning.  For that reason I always go to exploration cafe.  I’m not suggesting that people do this.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Yes the Bag was Club Orange, I probably should not have spent the extra money but thought I wanted to see what was truly offered in it with being non Suite. Our last several HAL cruises prior to the pause were Neptune, since we were returning in just weeks I did not want to spend the big bucks for this first sailing. Lol

Since you have Club Orange, there should be an extra item on your menu for you to choose from.  Wonder if it will appear tonight for you?

• Like 3

Lisa, I read the entire 13 pages of your "Live From" and will continue to follow.  It is getting really fun now!!  We are on the Majestic in Sept. and can't wait.  Where in Las Vegas do you live?  We are in Henderson near Anthem off of Eastern.  Meredith

• Like 2

As a safety precaution, I don't think it's a good idea to be exchanging FB friend requests which contains real live data about where people live etc. while someone is out of town, there's more of that going on in this thread than I've ever seen.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Not sure what you mean about bread basket.  I’ve never seen them randomly going around the table offering toast etc unless you ordered it.  If you mean pastries they have not done that on my last few cruises (pre covid) but my cruises have been on newer ships.  I’ve found it’s been a struggle for years to get coffee in the morning.  For that reason I always go to exploration cafe.  I’m not suggesting that people do this.

When I say bread basket I refer to those that automatically come with small rolls or little croissants or chocolate little croissants. I’m not referring to pastries at all. And definitely not toast. I do get my coffee at explorations because I only drink Americanos.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I think you want to post this on the Daily, not Lisa’s LIVE thread.

If you are on, you have time to copy it, edit & delete this post and re-post it on the Daily.

Oops 😬 sorry. Thanks 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pia1913 said:

I refer to those that automatically come with small rolls or little croissants or chocolate little croissants

The automatic offering of a tray of such items soon after a guest is seated was eliminated 3-4 years ago.  Those items are still available, but one must request them.  

I will try to quick add some pictures from this morning’s breakfast. We got down to deck two around 8:15. I have always felt breakfast in the MDR was slow and servers were not organized. Due to the newness it was what I expected. No big deal. Although we have a Beverage Package in the Dining Room they keep insisting they have to charge us for covered items but in the end they have not. Instead come back and apologize. 
we are having a impromptu CC Meet and Greet up in the Crows Nest at 11.

By the way, finally got coffee served this morning in the MDR. Lol

**Update, my pics never uploaded so was just now able to. The speed was amazing here in the Crows Nest.

Unfortunately only SLC1954 and Gohoward and Tom and I showed for the Meet and Greet but we had a very nice chat.

16C7FB00-6FEC-446C-AC6F-E4FC5DA2D68D.jpeg

F048A159-CE84-4327-958E-95F059F6CAC3.jpeg

68949413-8CFC-4B67-B571-D1635A3DB4DF.jpeg

73DD064E-4D76-4149-908A-9940354ECACC.jpeg

22D02EAC-1558-4849-AD62-0B3981B3091B.jpeg

9BB67732-EA44-44BD-B788-BFEB79639D15.png

109C0AB7-5A6E-4D18-9F39-2EB1FA3EC564.png

42FC4369-BCBB-47D3-830E-B6C749A82E91.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

,,, and Thermal Pass pricing which is definitely higher than in the past.

E3B6D3B7-D9D8-42D8-BCEC-0B8E8369156E.jpeg

I just literally added it to our online cart for August 28th sailing and it came up as $139 for a Single (with the option of $219 for a couple).  Was this price card in your stateroom or at the spa?  I'd definitely question the prices.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CruzinNoony said:

Lisa, I read the entire 13 pages of your "Live From" and will continue to follow.  It is getting really fun now!!  We are on the Majestic in Sept. and can't wait.  Where in Las Vegas do you live?  We are in Henderson near Anthem off of Eastern.  Meredith

We are just North of you at St Rose 😉

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zelker said:

I just literally added it to our online cart for August 28th sailing and it came up as $139 for a Single (with the option of $219 for a couple).  Was this price card in your stateroom or at the spa?  I'd definitely question the prices.

This was a lit board in the Green House Spa Reception area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lstrong said:

I would appreciate seeing the bar menus, especially beer and wine by the glass prices. We do not have the drink package and wondering if we should purchase it before our cruise. Thanks, Laurie

Well it’s been a bit difficult, because we it will not come up. They are all on QR code’s, I can pull I up but when we click on a pdf it flashes on for seconds then it is gone so I was able to only capture first page.

DCD50B8B-4BA0-4DF9-8E67-3980B25264CE.jpeg

5BF32C53-1390-44B8-BBBB-A2BB53C6CD72.png

DA64F9DA-3E79-4EFB-BA8C-4254FD3D8F11.png

F47EAA53-3100-40C5-ACEE-F063927583F3.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pia1913 said:

When I say bread basket I refer to those that automatically come with small rolls or little croissants or chocolate little croissants. I’m not referring to pastries at all. And definitely not toast. I do get my coffee at explorations because I only drink Americanos.

I'm a 5 star and I can say I've never seen anything with just those items only.  I've seen platters containing those things but no basket. Maybe that's a small ship thing.

• Like 1