John reveled the Loft 19 Cabana Pricing, And oof

"Loft 19. A special place and your slice of paradise. Wow.
LOFT 19
Good afternoon everyone
To everyone in the amazing Carnival Excel Suites on Mardi Gras, I just received word from the beards that you can now pre-book a cabana in the exclusive Loft 19 for the entire duration of your cruise. I know many of you have been asking for details about pricing, how to book, etc. so here we go…
This is the ultimate luxury experience for you plus up to four of your favorite people! (maximum 5 people per cabana rental)
Exclusive cabana perks include:
• Free lunch delivery
• Chilled towels
• Zero proof frozen refreshers
• Ice cold bucket of bottled water (6 500ml)
• A bottle of bubbly
• Fresh fruit
• Plush bathrobes
• Full bar service
• Dedicated attendant
As a Carnival Excel Suite guest, you get complimentary access to Loft 19 and this priority offer to pre-reserve your private cabana for $2,000 plus 18% gratuity. Go to carnival.com and log in to your cruise booking to take advantage of this offer.
For all other guests, you can rent a cabana on embarkation day either in person at the Loft 19 reception or by dialing 1909 from any ship phone. Onboard cabana pricing will be $500 per day as pre-inaugural limited time offer, reduced from $650 per day. Cabanas are very limited, and availability is not guaranteed.
Loft 19 is scheduled to be open from 8am – 8pm"

2k for the week or 500 a day, That is some steep pricing. I guess the only way for non Excel suite guests to get in is to rent a Cabana for a day, I suppose that is one way to eat up all of the OBC that is floating out there. 

Definitely interested. It's no different than a poolside cabana in Vegas and having someone bring drinks and lunch definitely beats waiting in life for that stuff. 

We'll probably book one for sea day if its available when we board.

• Like 1

I would expect it to be sold out on sea days. Suite holders have priority for booking the Cabanas but I wonder how much more they'll be willing to spend when they already have a beautiful suite and balcony. I think the demand will be there after you get over the sticker shock. Those not booked in Excel Suites can plan and budget any amount if they want to splurge for various reasons including b-days, anniversaries, etc. You have to compare with what it costs for excursions for up to 5 guests. 2 couples could split the cost easily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mondello said:

I would expect it to be sold out on sea days. Suite holders have priority for booking the Cabanas but I wonder how much more they'll be willing to spend when they already have a beautiful suite and balcony. I think the demand will be there after you get over the sticker shock. Those not booked in Excel Suites can plan and budget any amount if they want to splurge for various reasons including b-days, anniversaries, etc. You have to compare with what it costs for excursions for up to 5 guests. 2 couples could split the cost easily.

DH and I have been going back and forth on the merits today.  We are booked into an Excel Aft with a wrap around balcony for the 7/31 sailing.  We have access to Loft 19 as part of the package but the Cabana would be another $2000 that I can't see spending given the size of the balcony we have already.  We have room service but wouldn't have a server bringing us drinks.  Still can't justify the price tag given what we've already paid for the room.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ShaniBell said:

DH and I have been going back and forth on the merits today.  We are booked into an Excel Aft with a wrap around balcony for the 7/31 sailing.  We have access to Loft 19 as part of the package but the Cabana would be another $2000 that I can't see spending given the size of the balcony we have already.  We have room service but wouldn't have a server bringing us drinks.  Still can't justify the price tag given what we've already paid for the room.  

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the only option ($2k) or if you could book one for a day? I know Tom-n-Cheryl have the Presidents Suite booked and it is so fabulous that I can't see the need to get a Loft 19 Cabana. I figured the suiteholders would always grab 'em up and the Cabanas would never be available for others. I just know that some people will be willing to pay and actually be able to enjoy a pool. I recall too many cruises that I couldn't even find chairs let alone maybe taking a dip in the pool.

5 minutes ago, mondello said:

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the only option ($2k) or if you could book one for a day? I know Tom-n-Cheryl have the Presidents Suite booked and it is so fabulous that I can't see the need to get a Loft 19 Cabana. I figured the suiteholders would always grab 'em up and the Cabanas would never be available for others. I just know that some people will be willing to pay and actually be able to enjoy a pool. I recall too many cruises that I couldn't even find chairs let alone maybe taking a dip in the pool.

for pre-booking the only option I was getting was by the week but there is something weird going on on the website and my booking is missing...ACK so I can't check at the moment.  There were only four coming up so I don't know if that was all they had left or all they were offering and were holding some back for day use.  

Regarding chairs, there seem to be a lot more pools on the Mardi Gras.  There is a pool on 8 Aft as well as the Lido.  Havana has a pool, Serenity has one, Loft 19 has its own.  Hopefully spreading out the pools will spread out the crowds.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShaniBell said:

for pre-booking the only option I was getting was by the week but there is something weird going on on the website and my booking is missing...ACK so I can't check at the moment.  There were only four coming up so I don't know if that was all they had left or all they were offering and were holding some back for day use.  

Regarding chairs, there seem to be a lot more pools on the Mardi Gras.  There is a pool on 8 Aft as well as the Lido.  Havana has a pool, Serenity has one, Loft 19 has its own.  Hopefully spreading out the pools will spread out the crowds.  

Also for the sailings for at least the rest of the year will be 70-75% capacity so that should help. 

10 minutes ago, ShaniBell said:

Yeah, but 3 of the 4 are exclusive, whether kids or money. Lido still gets everybody else. I'll have to settle for living vicariously reading your husband's updates, hope you all have a great cruise.

7 minutes ago, mondello said:

Yeah, but 3 of the 4 are exclusive, whether kids or money. Lido still gets everybody else. I'll have to settle for living vicariously reading your husband's updates, hope you all have a great cruise.

There are three "non exclusive pools on the Mardi Gras:

Deck 8 - Patio Pool (AFT) 

Deck 16 - Tides (Aft) and Beach (Mid)

but you're right, most folks will flock to Beach because that's where the action is.  Our balcony is overlooking Tides so if I want a dip I'll likely run down and then back up or hang up in Loft 19 (if the kid is with us) or Serenity (if she's not)

1 hour ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:
"Loft 19. A special place and your slice of paradise. Wow.
LOFT 19
Good afternoon everyone
To everyone in the amazing Carnival Excel Suites on Mardi Gras, I just received word from the beards that you can now pre-book a cabana in the exclusive Loft 19 for the entire duration of your cruise. I know many of you have been asking for details about pricing, how to book, etc. so here we go…
This is the ultimate luxury experience for you plus up to four of your favorite people! (maximum 5 people per cabana rental)
Exclusive cabana perks include:
• Free lunch delivery
• Chilled towels
• Zero proof frozen refreshers
• Ice cold bucket of bottled water (6 500ml)
• A bottle of bubbly
• Fresh fruit
• Plush bathrobes
• Full bar service
• Dedicated attendant
As a Carnival Excel Suite guest, you get complimentary access to Loft 19 and this priority offer to pre-reserve your private cabana for $2,000 plus 18% gratuity. Go to carnival.com and log in to your cruise booking to take advantage of this offer.
For all other guests, you can rent a cabana on embarkation day either in person at the Loft 19 reception or by dialing 1909 from any ship phone. Onboard cabana pricing will be $500 per day as pre-inaugural limited time offer, reduced from $650 per day. Cabanas are very limited, and availability is not guaranteed.
Loft 19 is scheduled to be open from 8am – 8pm"

2k for the week or 500 a day, That is some steep pricing. I guess the only way for non Excel suite guests to get in is to rent a Cabana for a day, I suppose that is one way to eat up all of the OBC that is floating out there. 

Wow, they cannot pay the employees out of the $2000. 

• Like 2

WOW, crazy!  We do splurge on things now and then and have some expendable income to blow, but good grief!  I guess I am just too cheap at heart and even though I have it, all I can think is I could cruise another time for that!

• Like 1

When that $2,000 figure first registered in my head, I was shocked. I still think it's a lot for what you get, but some people will no doubt find value in it. I think back to many times at the BJ table seeing people pull thousands from their pockets and throw it down on the table.

So, with that image in mind, at least with the cabanas you actually "get something" for the money!

Having said that - we're still a pass on this!

Tom

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

$2000 plus $360 gratuity..... Haha! Yeah, right....... hard pass. How long would you want to stay in that one spot over 7 days too? Better live there for that much money. 

Yep - that approaches what a couple might pay for a 7-night cruise! 

Then again, I've seen some weekly rental car rates go well over a grand... up is down, down is up... 

7 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep - that approaches what a couple might pay for a 7-night cruise! 

Then again, I've seen some weekly rental car rates go well over a grand... up is down, down is up... 

Less then what I paid for either of my legs of my B2B on Mardi Gras upcoming on the 21st and 28th lol 

It's very exclusive, if that vibes strikes with people then it's available. If you have a group- like five people it gets to be a better deal but I travel solo a lot or with just one other person so I wouldn't bother. Plus at almost 2500 I could just do another week on the ship, lol but some people will like it.