Crown and Anchor Balcony and Suite Discount

Has anyone else noticed that our Crown and Anchor Discount is no longer what is advertised on some Cruises They just gave me a song and dance why

my D+ discount Feb 5th 2023 Allure  that I was pricing for a Junior Suite would be $50 rather than $250 - The games Royal is beginning to play is something else.

42 minutes ago, Texas Bill said:

Has anyone else noticed that our Crown and Anchor Discount is no longer what is advertised on some Cruises They just gave me a song and dance why

my D+ discount Feb 5th 2023 Allure  that I was pricing for a Junior Suite would be $50 rather than $250 - The games Royal is beginning to play is something else.

I have only seen that where some other discount was greater than the balcony one.  I priced a sailing the other day that gave me $150 instant savings and $150 Flash sale INSTEAD of my $250 balcony discount

52 minutes ago, Texas Bill said:

Has anyone else noticed that our Crown and Anchor Discount is no longer what is advertised on some Cruises 

Nothing new, it's been that way for at least a couple years.  We moved two bookings yesterday to January 2023 and it was a relief to see we actually received the full D+ balcony discount on both in addition to the current promo's.

Edited by bouhunter

48 minutes ago, Texas Bill said:

I think the only time the balcony discount is always 100% is on group cruises. The rest it varys.

I've never gotten 100% of the whole discount as I'm told its affected by whatever other discounts you get when booking. Didnt start today. As long as I remember. ..but I'm no expert. Whatever price I see when booking, of I email my ta he almost always sees a lower price. 

The rcl booking engine also leaves a lot to be desired for solo booking.

Edited by firefly333

5 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I have only seen that where some other discount was greater than the balcony one.  I priced a sailing the other day that gave me $150 instant savings and $150 Flash sale INSTEAD of my $250 balcony discount

Even then it's BS.  You're getting the same deal as any new customer and zero benefit from C&A level membership.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Even then it's BS.  You're getting the same deal as any new customer and zero benefit from C&A level membership.

I agree  The TA's were told that benefits were going to start to be combinable but who knows when that will happen. 

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

But someone booking for the first time would get that the same discount - Right so what did you actually get extra for being loyal to Royal?????? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Texas Bill said:

But someone booking for the first time would get that the same discount - Right so what did you actually get extra for being loyal to Royal?????? 

When you find out the answer let me know😇 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Didn't RCL just change the D, D+, and Pin balcony discount structure to allow the discount to be combinable with those other offers?

I am not sure what they are doing just check the price on the Feb 5th 2023 junior suite with and without our Crown and Anchor discount. It's only $50 difference.

3 minutes ago, Texas Bill said:

It's been that way for a long time.  I can't recall the last time I could combine our C&A discount with another promotion (so we look forward to that changing).  I bet it's been 15+ years, and that was on a last minute booking.

The "advantage" is that you always have a minimum discount, but it seems the publicly offered discounts always were better than the C&A.

1 hour ago, Texas Bill said:

34 minutes ago, molly361 said:

When you find out the answer let me know😇 

Well they have raised the price on the JS  now it looks like I would be getting the $250 discount but low and behold my price would be the same as before. Unreal

7 minutes ago, Texas Bill said:

Well they have raised the price on the JS  now it looks like I would be getting the $250 discount but low and behold my price would be the same as before. Unreal

Royal math…. 😉

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Me too and that's where I have a problem with the voodoo math.  My opinion is that all applicable discounts that everyone gets should be applied and THEN our loyalty discount should be applied on top of that.  Just my opinion and it has zero weight with Royal apparently

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, torpeedo said:

My opinion is that all applicable discounts that everyone gets should be applied and THEN our loyalty discount should be applied on top of that.

Weirdly it occasionally happens this way - the first leg of our October Allure B2B cruise shows the full suite discount and an extra $150 "2021 Kicker" discount. The second leg shows the same total $$ discount, but lists it as a "2021 Kicker" and an "extra savings" discount instead of as a suite discount. Go figure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They announced that it would be rolling out.  They never mentioned an actual start date

Wondering when they do if they can apply to bookings already made.? I should hope so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Wondering when they do if they can apply to bookings already made.? I should hope so.

If they do I am guessing that they will also re-price it at today's rates like they have done in the past

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texas Bill said:

Did they tell you why.  i get the full BD and also combinable with senior and state discounts.

One time I had booked an 11 niterr on Anthem and got a $300 D+  BD.  I did not argue.😀

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

So you got the price that anyone could have gotten, even a first timer.

Edit: I see this has already been covered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If they do I am guessing that they will also re-price it at today's rates like they have done in the past

That's to bad....we've been able to take advantage of a State & Senior discount when they were available without repricing a booked cruise.