Aqua Class early boarding

jbouvier

One of the benefits of Aqua is priority boarding, how does that work with the new covid restrictions and assigned times? Is that benefit just on pause for the time being? Or would it be ok to show up early?

1 minute ago, GerScot said:

Aqua and also Concierge do get priority boarding and debarkation

I knew Concierge class got priority check-in--which is not priority boarding. Only suites get that. I didn't realize Aqua class got priority check-in as well. Either way, priority check-in is pointless now with check-in via the app and set arrival times.

• Like 1

Celebrity's materials list "priority boarding" for Concierge and Aqua. Granted, this is from April 2020 so that may have changed: https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/17057517_CEL_Concierge_and_Aqua_Class_Amenities.pdf

Thanks for the info anyway! I'm happy with my boarding time but some friends got theirs bumped back to 3:30 somehow, was hoping they might be able to get on sooner.

24 minutes ago, MrCoachRentz said:

I'm in Aqua leaving this Saturday and all of my notifications from Celebrity has been to show up at my time.

Arriving outside of your assigned boarding time will only slow the process for you and others.  The port does not have the staff to handle people arriving when ever they want without the possibility of a long wait.  If there are lines when you arrive, please check to confirm you are in the proper line for your boarding time.  Other CC members have been shocked to find that they had to wait in lines when they arrived before their boarding time.  They described the situation as terrible when they found lines were caused by people arriving before boarding even started.

1 hour ago, GerScot said:

Aqua and also Concierge do get priority boarding and debarkation

Priority anything has become a work of fiction for AQ Class ( EDGE) for  quite awhile...even pre Covid.    For boarding they started giving  greater priority to Concierge over Aquaclass so they could get to lunch on time,  and by the time they called AQ Class things were pretty  much a free for all. E and E Plus also lost in the mix on our cruises. Only suites do well with a nice  sep  check in /waiting/boarding area and priority such that it currently exists.

Getting off, in AQ class ( pre covid),  we were not given priority disembark numbers...our entire AQ floor was an afterthought !  We all just went down to guest rel to  request an earlier group.. We had no problem waiting in the theater as the AQ Class waiting area was way too crowded and poorly organized. Easier to just roll out our carry-ons  from the theater. Unless in a suite..no value.   

Sadly, the only real benefits of AQ Class are BLU, thermal suites, extra points,  and a few cabin extras like water( maybe) and canapes.  They should assign a dedicated AQ class Concierge and beef up the benefits....maybe a few parties and events like they had for Concierge guests.

We will try a suite next time...and then  re evaluate the value of AQ Class over Concierge or a regular balcony cabin, depending on ship selection.

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

That would be news to me. Only suites get priority boarding.

😂 Elite get priority, Aqua get priority, Concierge get priority, suites get priority, cat lovers and vegans get priority… the regular lines turn out to be faster.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Everyone is getting a check in time.  Good idea to follow it as you could be stuck for a good long while if you try to circumvent it.

Even as a Suite passenger, last cruise I got a noon check in time.  Leaving again in a few weeks and I got a 2:00 p.m. check in time.  So, I think the priority is keeping heaps of "priority" people all clamoring to get "priority" boarding early and clogging up the process with teams of people all claiming "priority".

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

😂 Elite get priority, Aqua get priority, Concierge get priority, suites get priority, cat lovers and vegans get priority… the regular lines turn out to be faster.

Yup. That's about how it goes!

If folks are patient with lowered expectations they may be  pleasantly surprised and even if not...they will get onboard before sailaway unless they arrive REALLY late!

3 hours ago, RichYak said:

I knew Concierge class got priority check-in--which is not priority boarding. Only suites get that. I didn't realize Aqua class got priority check-in as well. Either way, priority check-in is pointless now with check-in via the app and set arrival times.

Even when these groups had priority boarding or check in, it was only a separate line, often the regular lines were shorter. By the way, in Celebrity’s pecking order Aqua has always been higher than Concierge.

4 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

Even when these groups had priority boarding or check in, it was only a separate line, often the regular lines were shorter. By the way, in Celebrity’s pecking order Aqua has always been higher than Concierge.

This is not quite true. Concierge was able to board prior to Aqua on our 2019 Edge cruise due to the special embarkation lunch. There was a bit of grumbling from Aqua passengers when Concierge was called before Aqua. 

9 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

This is not quite true. Concierge was able to board prior to Aqua on our 2019 Edge cruise due to the special embarkation lunch. There was a bit of grumbling from Aqua passengers when Concierge was called before Aqua. 

That is a separate circumstance to get them to the lunch but overall fares of Aqua are higher  and before the lunch that is as not the case.