I've checked-in can I now get off the ship to sightsee?

guardia

Once you've checked-in for your cruise on departure day, can I then get off the ship to do some sightseeing?  Leaving from Fort Lauderdale and thinking of checking-in first and then going to have lunch with non-cruising friends.   Never did this before so was wondering if it's even permitted.

better to do the lunch & sightseeing before checking in IMO

Just be at the port at least 2 hrs ahead  of sailing

of course now they may have scheduled boarding times to keep the social distance  aspect  but maybe not an issue in Florida

I think we need a pinned “answer” at the top of every forum. “Who the hell knows.” Rules change every day, the lines are doing a terrible job updating their websites. What’s allowed not might now be allowed tomorrow. (In case you can’t tell, I’m feeling a bit frustrated.)

What you’ll almost certainly be able to do is drop your bags off, then lunch with your friends. Happy cruising.  

• Like 3

If your sailing is anytime soon, I'm willing to bet it is not allowed. On at least one of the Celebrity threads re: their restart in Florida (Fort Lauderdale), they were not allowing passengers off the ship once screened and checked-in.

In normal times, yes it would be possible.

I've also done this before in a city that had a late departure time. But, agree with the other posters that who knows in a post covid world. I would just drop your bags off, sight see and have lunch with your friends, and then return to check in and board.

15 hours ago, zekekelso said:

I think we need a pinned “answer” at the top of every forum. “Who the hell knows.” Rules change every day, the lines are doing a terrible job updating their websites. What’s allowed not might now be allowed tomorrow. (In case you can’t tell, I’m feeling a bit frustrated.)

What you’ll almost certainly be able to do is drop your bags off, then lunch with your friends. Happy cruising.  

I agree, I think the only person/persons who have an answer to the question is the cruise line (whichever line the poster is sailing)....and depending on when they are sailing, the cruise line may not have a definitive answer until 1 or 2 days before sailing.