Royal Caribbean weddings at sea

Wow, a topic I know nothing about.🤣

I have the contact information,  but was curious if y'all could share your experiences with a shipboard wedding. I understand our son is interested in one. Need to start planning. He is ex Navy if that makes any difference 

• Like 3

We've seen a few wedding parties getting on the ship in PC over the years. From some casual conversations that we've had with the participants, the ceremony happens before departure (one couple was actually married on shore before boarding the ship), so the guests who are not cruising with the bride and groom can be at the ceremony. A reception (if there is one booked) usually happened up in the VCL or in one of the lounges.

• Like 1

Our DD did this years ago on Viking Serenade out of San Pedro. It was before sail out...some guests stayed on for the cruise and other's had to be off the ship by a certain time. Worked out great !

• Like 2

My son had his wedding on the Allure of the Seas in 2018. We sailed away with close family members who booked the cruise to share the joy. The ceremony was held a couple days later when we docked in Puerto Rico by an officiant on the ship. The ceremony and reception was held in Dazzles. It was very  personal and beautiful. I brought decorations on board and we decorated a long table to seat 12 in CHOPS. I made the centerpieces and name cards for seating. We had napkins with their names & wedding date on them. Lots of wedding confetti and sprinkles on table too. The wedding cake was amazing and provided by the ships catering department. They plan to celebrate their anniversary this October on Symphony of the Seas. 🥰 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw shucks and when I saw this I thought you and wife were going to renew your vows and bring cute doggie on board too.

That would be interesting. Maybe one where you get married before ship sails

1 hour ago, kdnurs said:

My son had his wedding on the Allure of the Seas in 2018. We sailed away with close family members who booked the cruise to share the joy. The ceremony was held a couple days later when we docked in Puerto Rico by an officiant on the ship. The ceremony and reception was held in Dazzles. It was very  personal and beautiful. I brought decorations on board and we decorated a long table to seat 12 in CHOPS. I made the centerpieces and name cards for seating. We had napkins with their names & wedding date on them. Lots of wedding confetti and sprinkles on table too. The wedding cake was amazing and provided by the ships catering department. They plan to celebrate their anniversary this October on Symphony of the Seas. 🥰 

Who was the officiant?

We are leaning towards Independence in June

Talk to MFP -- he can fill you in on Royal's specifics. They had various events on the ship (cocktail party, fancy reception), plus the actual wedding ceremony on the beach in Coco Cay. #PooleParty

His (now-divorced) brother got married in 2015 before in the funky-looking observation tower thingy in PC with the ship in the background, so non-cruisers could attend too. They had a cake-and-champagne reception there in the tower immediately after the ceremony, then the cruisers all boarded and later had dinner in Chops for another reception.

• Thanks 1

We were seriously looking into this before covid. The RC wedding people said we’d be married at sea by the captain as was a TA. We would get to choose the day and location subject to availability and would have had a cake included in the price too.

Now it’ll be our honeymoon instead if it sails.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Talk to MFP -- he can fill you in on Royal's specifics. They had various events on the ship (cocktail party, fancy reception), plus the actual wedding ceremony on the beach in Coco Cay. #PooleParty

His (now-divorced) brother got married in 2015 before in the funky-looking observation tower thingy in PC with the ship in the background, so non-cruisers could attend too. They had a cake-and-champagne reception there in the tower immediately after the ceremony, then the cruisers all boarded and later had dinner in Chops for another reception.

He brought his own officiant though.😉

Pretty sure Pat wants a Captain if I had to guess.

Never thought of Exploration Tower. 

Alternative is the beach in front of our condo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That would be interesting. Maybe one where you get married before ship sails

Be careful if you plan on an onboard wedding pre cruise. We were married on the Allure in 2012. It was too rushed and there was no time for any mistakes or errors. Lucky, I shaved before leaving the hotel and my ships rented tuxedo was missing the vest and cummerbund. I had to borrow the best man's. 

Other than a few other minor issues it went off fairly well. The best part is that we are still happily married.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

He brought his own officiant though.😉

Pretty sure Pat wants a Captain if I had to guess.

Never thought of Exploration Tower. 

Alternative is the beach in front of our condo

On the beach in front of your condo would be much less hurried   JMHO 

I've had a hand in planning 5 weddings for our kid's and it can be overwhelming.

Congrats to all of you...enjoy whatever works out best. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/5/2021 at 4:56 PM, John&LaLa said:

Who was the officiant?

We are leaning towards Independence in June

I will ask my son...I don't remember, but it was someone onboard who does it for royal...I will get back to you 🥰

6 minutes ago, kdnurs said:

I will ask my son...I don't remember, but it was someone onboard who does it for royal...I will get back to you 🥰

Just spoke with my son...he said it wasn't the Captain...he said they were in International waters and thinks it was the ship's Chaplain...she was very sweet.😍

In 2019 onboard Serenade we docked at st lucia and we watched a ceremony take place right on the dock.  Officiant was the Captain as well as minister(?) From st lucia and several ship officers stood by as the service was held. 

Later that night we saw the bride/groom and small wedding party having dinner at Giovannis.   

Someone said they performed on land so their marriage license would be legal in the Us.

I have no idea about that but thought it was really nice. 

Royal Weddings

NEW ROYAL WEDDING TEAM

Weddings will be planned and coordinated by Royal Ocean Events, with over 20 years experience of cruise ship weddings.

NEW PACKAGES

A new choice of 4 popular packages for clients, and the introduction of new, more competitive pricing.

WHAT'S ON DECK

We’ve doubled our shoreside staff, introducing an even better level of service for guests, with same day response to all calls, and a 48 hour response to all emails – plus an improved process of communication with the ships.

OUR PACKAGES

An event coordinator will help guests select and customize their choice of wedding from one of our packages.

A CHOICE OF 4 PACKAGES

·         Embark on Romance

·         Vows at Sea

·         Intimately Yours

·         Destination I Do

Each package of course has different options, different pricing and different number of quest.  The Embark on Romance allows for non-passengers to attend the others do not.

Edited by The sea calls my name
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Royal Weddings

NEW ROYAL WEDDING TEAM

Weddings will be planned and coordinated by Royal Ocean Events, with over 20 years experience of cruise ship weddings.

NEW PACKAGES

A new choice of 4 popular packages for clients, and the introduction of new, more competitive pricing.

WHAT'S ON DECK

We’ve doubled our shoreside staff, introducing an even better level of service for guests, with same day response to all calls, and a 48 hour response to all emails – plus an improved process of communication with the ships.

OUR PACKAGES

An event coordinator will help guests select and customize their choice of wedding from one of our packages.

A CHOICE OF 4 PACKAGES

·         Embark on Romance

·         Vows at Sea

·         Intimately Yours

·         Destination I Do

Each package of course has different options, different pricing and different number of quest.  The Embark on Romance allows for non-passengers to attend the others do not.

FYI. This information was pre-Covid so not sure if all is still available.

• Thanks 1