Arrival Time - How Strict?

TribeHokie

Due to circumstances beyond our control we are only now able to get our online check-in completed before our 8/15 sailing on Equinox out of Ft Lauderdale. The earliest arrival time we could get is 3 PM. My question is, since this is for a wellness check but we are fully vaccinated and will have our (hopefully) negative test results in hand, does anyone know how strictly they are adhering to these times? We are spending the previous night in town and have to be out of our hotel by 11. I'd prefer to go straight to the port and have lunch on the ship but if they're going to make us sit there for three and a half hours we can find something else to occupy our time before joining the corral.

We have an aqua class cabin fwiw. Not exactly suite class but I know they have their own boarding line. First time for us!

Suggest you read  the multiple  threads about this.

Arrival times are being adhered to,  and there are many others in your same situation,   AQ no longer has a priority line...they board by suggested arrival times from what has been posted. Only  Suite guests have a sep line and entrance..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yes, they are sticking to the assigned times. There are numerous threads with suggestions on what you can do once you check out of your hotel. Most decent hotels have a secure room where you can store your baggage if you arrive at the hotel before check-in time, or you can store your baggage after checking out. So check out and go for a nice leisurely pre-cruise lunch, go pick up a couple of bottles of wine or go sight seeing. Another option, depending on your hotel's occupancy, might be to arrange a late check-out.

• Like 1

Unless you want to stand outside the terminal for hours do not show up before your arrival time.

Leave your luggage at the hotel and go to a museum, take a Everglades tour, ride the Water Taxi on the intracoastal, hop off sightsee or grab lunch and hop back on,  or catch a movie.

• Like 2

Yes, find something to occupy the time til your 3pm assigned checkin. The times they are a changin’ since Covid arrived. Your vaccine and negative tests results put you among 99% of your fellow passengers so join the line as assigned.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 5:17 PM, hcat said:

AQ no longer has a priority line...they board by suggested arrival times from what has been posted. Only  Suite guests have a sep line and entrance..

Really? Since when? On my last cruise in 2019 on the Summit they had their own line, and when I rebooked this cruise in April of this year the literature still listed priority boarding as an aqua perk.

Although between our late arrival time and the likelihood that they're not at 100% capacity I doubt it will be that bad.

Anyway thanks everyone for your responses. We will have a leisurely morning and bottomless brunch at the pub across from our hotel before mosying on to the port around 2. Honestly I don't mind skipping the embarkation day buffet battle royale. just super excited to finally be back on a ship!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TribeHokie said:

Really? Since when? On my last cruise in 2019 on the Summit they had their own line, and when I rebooked this cruise in April of this year the literature still listed priority boarding as an aqua perk.

Although between our late arrival time and the likelihood that they're not at 100% capacity I doubt it will be that bad.

Anyway thanks everyone for your responses. We will have a leisurely morning and bottomless brunch at the pub across from our hotel before mosying on to the port around 2. Honestly I don't mind skipping the embarkation day buffet battle royale. just super excited to finally be back on a ship!

Since cruising restarted many things are not like they were 2 years ago.   Many said “I doubt it will be that bad” showed up 2 hrs + early and stood outside in the heat with no where to sit &very little shade.

• Like 1

They are strict and they should be!

You won’t be the only ones vaccinated and having tests. AQ currently doesn’t give you any advantage. So for your own sake and for the sake of all others get there at your assigned time. 

Everyone is literally in the same boat! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TribeHokie said:

Really? Since when? On my last cruise in 2019 on the Summit ….

And that’s the flaw in your logic. That was then…

Now things are different and there’s a good reason for it.

Sure, there is still a line inside for AQ… one which you can enter at the time allotted to you. Not before.

• Like 2

You challenged with a "since when".  The answer is June 5, 2021 when Celebrity started sailing again although it was announced no priority boarding in the November 2020 CC changes.

There are no separate lines in the terminal by CC level either.   The line by boarding time is processed at the door and then you are sent right to the ship.   No lingering in the terminal, at least under normal circumstances in PE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TribeHokie said:

A bit harsh, I was just stating my experience for context. Thank you anyway.

Didn’t mean it harsh… just saying that almost nothing now can be compared to 2019.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

They are strict about the time. We got a late checkout from our hotel. Maybe if you call celebrity, they can adjust your boarding time. 

For heaven's sake why? I'm sure that 3/4 or more of the passengers would prefer to board early, which is why they have adopted a strict assigned-time process. Celebrity would be unwise to start juggling times to placate whiners. For the record, I don't place the OP in that category.

• Like 1