Royal email "You volunteered, here’s what’s next!"

Baowen

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Sounds like you have autofill on your system. Go to the phone line and delete what is there and then type in the 10 digits - the system will fill in the dashes

thank you, this worked

11 hours ago, laumicmah said:

7 nights and stops at Cococay and Port Canaveral and Nassau

That's the regular voyage. Test is only Coco Cay, 6 days as I recall

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's the regular voyage. Test is only Coco Cay, 6 days as I recall

Yes, think this is correct. I had pulled up the old actual voyage online. You did that one pins one (thanks for the report, I just read it)...do you think they will give us a choice of the 3 or they will tell us which we were chose for?

Edited by laumicmah

7 minutes ago, lorimay said:

The only one of the cruises near us is the Mariner from Port Canaveral. That is scheduled for August 11. Can they really organize the passengers in less than a week? 

That's the only one near us as well. However, we will decline if selected because we are on Allure on the 22nd and don't want to muck that cruise up.

2 hours ago, vintagegarage said:

I received the same email and got up early this morning to enter my information.  I got as far as the choice of sailings screen and would have chosen Mariner of the Seas on August 11, but if all goes as planned, I should be on the Carnival Magic that day, in or around Bimini... drat.  September 18, I should be on MSC Divina's first cruise that I have already booked,   double drat!  New Jersey is a bit far for me to drive.. tripple drat! .. I bailed out of the contest at that point and didn't complete my entry. 

Pretty much the same situation here, although I completed my entry anyway, in case the list might be used for other cruises in the future.  There is no way we are flying anywhere and we will be boarding the Magic on August 12, so the Mariner is out.  I was willing to move the Magic to the 21st (with an extra day), but my SO voted to keep the Magic as it is.  Don’t know if I want to be selected or not!

38 minutes ago, laumicmah said:

Yes, think this is correct. I had pulled up the old actual voyage online. You did that one pins one (thanks for the report, I just read it)...do you think they will give us a choice of the 3 or they will tell us which we were chose for?

No idea, we were able to chose

36 minutes ago, lorimay said:

The only one of the cruises near us is the Mariner from Port Canaveral. That is scheduled for August 11. Can they really organize the passengers in less than a week? 

That's what they've been doing

15 hours ago, tiger-91 said:

I read that and immediately thought of taxes taken out of sweepstakes winnings and then.....

Wait a second.  The email says this is a sweepstakes AND gives a prize value! So we have to pay taxes on this prize??

Count on it.  You can't just receive a "gift" of that value without the IRS noticing.

Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if this question has been asked before but here goes - 

as a diamond member I have 7 times the entry number but someone who doesn't have C & A status can apply and have twelve times the entry number???? Or am I reading it wrong?  Can I also apply 12 times?

From the website:

Your entries are as explained below:

Pinnacle members: 11 additional entries

Diamond Plus members: 9 additional entries

Diamond members: 7 additional entries

Emerald members: 5 additional entries

Platinum members: 3 additional entries

Gold members: 1 additional entry

If you are not a Crown & Anchor member, not to worry! Click the link below to submit additional entries – you can enter up to a total of 12 times!

http://additionalentries.volunteersoftheseas.com/

18 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

Count on it.  You can't just receive a "gift" of that value without the IRS noticing.

Don’t try “forgetting” about a $1,000 scratch off lottery ticket.  The interest on top of taxes due is brutal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Haven't read the whole thread so don't know if this question has been asked before but here goes - 

as a diamond member I have 7 times the entry number but someone who doesn't have C & A status can apply and have twelve times the entry number???? Or am I reading it wrong?  Can I also apply 12 times?

From the website:

Your entries are as explained below:

Pinnacle members: 11 additional entries

Diamond Plus members: 9 additional entries

Diamond members: 7 additional entries

Emerald members: 5 additional entries

Platinum members: 3 additional entries

Gold members: 1 additional entry

If you are not a Crown & Anchor member, not to worry! Click the link below to submit additional entries – you can enter up to a total of 12 times!

http://additionalentries.volunteersoftheseas.com/

If you are Diamond, you can still submit additional entries until you lose count in the middle of the night and make 13 submissions (excluding the additional loyalty entries).  Thought there would be some kind of an automatic cutoff.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Be very careful of this.

Last time I signed up for a free cruise, they sent me on a 5 year cruise to the Persian Gulf on the Big Battle Gray Ship.

Worst food & service ever...

😂

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Don’t try “forgetting” about a $1,000 scratch off lottery ticket.  The interest on top of taxes due is brutal.

Yeah, people forget that a lot (so I've hear, never had that "problem" myself).

When they cite an ARV that size, expect a tax statement come January.

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

If you are Diamond, you can still submit additional entries until you lose count in the middle of the night and make 13 submissions (excluding the additional loyalty entries).  Thought there would be some kind of an automatic cutoff.  

It's very confusing. I thought it mean everyone got 12 entries but pinnacles would only have to enter twice. They would get their 11 entries from one submission and another 1 from a second submission. I'm not sure that's correct. 

Beth

13 minutes ago, Baowen said:

It's very confusing. I thought it mean everyone got 12 entries but pinnacles would only have to enter twice. They would get their 11 entries from one submission and another 1 from a second submission. I'm not sure that's correct. 

Beth

As usual - Royal has confusing communications. 🤣 I just entered 12 times. The rules state the following:

"LIMIT TWELVE (12) ENTRIES PER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES MAY BE DISQUALIFIED."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/terms-and-conditions/volunteers-of-the-seas

I figure they will not count the additional entries - just up to the number allowed, whatever that is😜.  Time will tell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I figured I have nothing to lose. Some of the locations might be cost prohibitive for me to go. My cruise is happening in November so I will be on board soon.

Yup, plus you can't win if you don't enter.