Edge Celebrity Suite Bathtub Question

jcpc

For anyone who has stayed in a Celebrity Suite on any of the M-Class ships, you know the side of the tub is very high making it difficult (and in some cases dangerous) for short or mobility impaired people to step in and out of the tub.

Does anyone know if this is also true for the bathtubs in the Celebrity Suites onboard Edge?  Is the side of the tub really high (like it is on M-class ships) or is it more of a "normal" height such as the height of the side of the bathtub found in most hotels?

Thanks in advance for any details/specifics you can provide.

24 minutes ago, jelayne said:

There are a number of videos on YouTube of the CS on both Edge & Apex.  In some you can get a look at the height of the tub.

Thank you.  I've researched and looked at quite a few videos.  But it is really hard to actually see the height of the tub from a video.  The side "appears" to be shorter than the side of the tub on M-Class Celebrity Suites, but I thought if someone had some actual experience they could chime in.

We haven't sailed on Edge yet but did sail in a CS on both M & S class ships.  Believe me when I say I am short. The problem with the M class is the lack of space between the tub, sink and toilet so there is no room to sit and swing your legs over.  On S class there is more room and it is easier to navigate.  I trust what @Jim-lain says.

22 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We haven't sailed on Edge yet but did sail in a CS on both M & S class ships.  Believe me when I say I am short. The problem with the M class is the lack of space between the tub, sink and toilet so there is no room to sit and swing your legs over.  On S class there is more room and it is easier to navigate.  I trust what @Jim-lain says.

I really have to agree with you on the M-Class ships.    The tub really has no place to grab onto except the glass partition by the sink.     I'm 6' tall and could get into and out without much problems but I was always cautious getting out especially in rocky seas.  

4 hours ago, jcpc said:

For anyone who has stayed in a Celebrity Suite on any of the M-Class ships, you know the side of the tub is very high making it difficult (and in some cases dangerous) for short or mobility impaired people to step in and out of the tub.

Does anyone know if this is also true for the bathtubs in the Celebrity Suites onboard Edge?  Is the side of the tub really high (like it is on M-class ships) or is it more of a "normal" height such as the height of the side of the bathtub found in most hotels?

Thanks in advance for any details/specifics you can provide.

We got off the Edge several weeks ago and we were in a celebrity suite. I am a tub person and I absolutely hated it. It was like your standard Holiday Inn type tub with a glass enclosure. The glass doors would swing both way and at times got in your way.  It was not high, just normal bathtub height, maybe four and 1/2 ft long and really not a lot of room to shower or bathe. We usually cruise in celebrity suites but I will not book one again on the Edge because of the tub. But like I said, I’m a tub person.

We sailed on the Edge in a Celebrity Suite. I am 5'3" and will probably never sail in a Celebrity Suite again because of that tub. It is too bad because the room is lovely. We have a Royal Suite for the Apex next May. I also dislike the tiny balcony on Edge class for the Celebrity suite and the Royal. My Apex cruise will be port intensive so the balcony will not matter. 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I can confirm that the bath on the Edge CS is not as high as that on the M-Class ships.    It is also more open and easy to get into than on an m-class

Thanks, Jim.  I appreciate you confirming what I thought was the case.

Interesting how on Apex the Celebrity Suites have only a half glass wall for the tub/shower. I think that's how it originally was on Edge but they were replaced because the showers were leaking water. Hope they fixed this problem for Apex.

10 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

Interesting how on Apex the Celebrity Suites have only a half glass wall for the tub/shower. I think that's how it originally was on Edge but they were replaced because the showers were leaking water. Hope they fixed this problem for Apex.

Yes we were on an early EDGE cruise in a Celebrity Suite.  The shower doors leaked water everywhere.  But there was no issue getting in and out like with the CS on M-Class.  As Jim-lain and others have stated.

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Semi-hijack, but mostly OT.

After the RS and PH bathrooms were remodeled on all of the M class ships, how are the RS bathtubs there now?  We have similar concerns.

If I recall correctly the RS and above y have a separate standup shower in addition to the bathtub.     We are not bath people so I don't think we even used the bathtub. 

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

As I don't shave my legs, I'm not, either🙃

Never thought of that but the showers do have a little foot rest in the corner to help those that do.   Can't figure out what else it would be used for.

My husband has mobility issues.  We've had many problems with the tubs on Royal,  Celebrity and Holland America.  So, our next cruise is on the Constellation handicapped Sky Suite.  I will take some pictures of the cabin so others can see the differences between a regular and handicapped room.  I wish there were more Handicap room options.

On Summit during the Revolution upgrade nothing was done to the RS bathroom.  The jetted bathtub is the exact same.  The walk-in shower is the exact same.  We use the bathtub to store our suitcases......LOL.

On 8/7/2021 at 8:07 PM, djh said:

We got off the Edge several weeks ago and we were in a celebrity suite. I am a tub person and I absolutely hated it. It was like your standard Holiday Inn type tub with a glass enclosure. The glass doors would swing both way and at times got in your way.  It was not high, just normal bathtub height, maybe four and 1/2 ft long and really not a lot of room to shower or bathe. We usually cruise in celebrity suites but I will not book one again on the Edge because of the tub. But like I said, I’m a tub person.

We were on Edge last week in an S2 and we thought the tub was great. It was not small in our opinion. We loved it.