Canada announces new rules for travel. Could impact cruises next year.

1 hour ago, JessyCruises said:

Every province is different.  I am in New Brunswick and it is a 8.5x11 sheet.  Definitely overkill - I wish it was just a paper card.  We have then in a plastic folder now for our B2B2B starting next week.  These are as valuable as passports at this point

DE5C830A-EECF-4E39-88C4-17823D54DE02.jpeg

A961AEFE-5E51-4548-A754-4D8E0A22A5CC.jpeg

Did you check the “Myhealth” website? It’s for New Brunswickers. It shows your vaccinations. It’s a digital way to see your Covid test results and your vaccinations.

Go register and see your info.

4 hours ago, mek said:

While I think a vaccine passport will at some point be required for US citizens, if for no other reason than it will be a requirement to enter another country - much like a visa, it's probably not going to happen for everyday life here.

Here in San Francisco, we've just started to require proof of vaccination for restaurants, gyms, bars, theaters, basically any indoor gathering place.  Many restaurants and businesses had already been doing that on their own so the restaurant owners association is thankful for the Mayor stepping up.  While I agree it won't happen on a national level at least there are pockets of reason.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mek said:

I'm not sure what Canada's look like, but ours are simply a white heavy paper card.  No way when thousands are going through an entrance to an event is anyone going to question if they are legit or not.

It may be easier to spot them for travel, but until we have something like a vaccine passport, it will be difficult to control here in the US.

A father and son from Calif. were just found to have fake vaccination cards upon arrival in Hawaii...Good job Hawaii for spotting them.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I can believe that. It's hard enough to get 10 provinces and three territories to agree on something that a large percentage of the population wants.

I can't imagine getting all 50 states and your 14 territories to agree on this. 

In the UK our vaccine status with detailed info regarding where, when and batch number/type is on our NHS app along with other details about your medical history.  There's quite a few security hoops to set up but along with the written details there is a qr code or you can download a pdf copy or request an offline copy to be sent by email .  I think they are working to get it compatible with the EU pass .

This has to be shown for UK sailcations which for Royal Caribbean requests fully vaccination for over 18s along with pcr tests for everyone 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Brucemcdou said:

Here in San Francisco, we've just started to require proof of vaccination for restaurants, gyms, bars, theaters, basically any indoor gathering place.  Many restaurants and businesses had already been doing that on their own so the restaurant owners association is thankful for the Mayor stepping up.  While I agree it won't happen on a national level at least there are pockets of reason.  

Still, I think its very easy to have a fake vaccination card for that type of activity - and honestly, who is going to know a fake from the real thing just by looking at it?

Just too easy to do with the silly piece of paper we use in the US.

Edited by mek

15 hours ago, traceytd said:

Did you check the “Myhealth” website? It’s for New Brunswickers. It shows your vaccinations. It’s a digital way to see your Covid test results and your vaccinations.

Thanks.  I am registered there as I got a test a few months back and that is where we get the results but I was not aware vaccinations were listed there too.  Good to know! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mek said:

Still, I think its very easy to have a fake vaccination card for that type of activity - and honestly, who is going to know a fake from the real thing just by looking at it?

Might be easier than you think. Our cards have the lot numbers. A secure link could be created to allow the lot numbers to be accessed, and the time and place of use identified. No personal identifier needed. I would think most counterfeits would cite legit lot numbers but not date/place information. "Where and when did you get vaxxed?" Two minutes at most, and a few who are caught may deter many more.

Edited by mayleeman

The cruise lines should make it clear .... if you board with a vaccination card and test positive during the cruise ... the cruise line should verify the card as legitimate and if it is not, not only will the passenger be quarantined but also reported to the legal authorities and arrested for forging a government document. This should get everyone's attention.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Empehi said:

The cruise lines should make it clear .... if you board with a vaccination card and test positive during the cruise ... the cruise line should verify the card as legitimate and if it is not, not only will the passenger be quarantined but also reported to the legal authorities and arrested for forging a government document. This should get everyone's attention.

They basically do:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-documents-are-accepted-as-proof-of-vaccination

Fraudulent Documentation of Vaccination

We will record all documentation of vaccination and review it for signs of fraud. We routinely provide documentation of vaccination to immigration, health and port authorities in the ports where we call. Falsifying documentation of vaccination is a crime in the U.S. and may lead to criminal prosecution in the various jurisdictions from where we sail, and in our ports of call. We reserve the right to deny boarding or remove from the ship any guest whom we believe has submitted a falsified documentation of vaccination.

We further reserve the right to bring a civil action against any guest who submits false documentation of vaccination to recover all costs and damages caused by such fraudulent conduct.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Might be easier than you think. Our cards have the lot numbers. A secure link could be created to allow the lot numbers to be accessed, and the time and place of use identified. No personal identifier needed. I would think most counterfeits would cite legit lot numbers but not date/place information. "Where and when did you get vaxxed?" Two minutes at most, and a few who are caught may deter many more.

My point was just to enter a restaurant or something similar, nobody is going to verify lot numbers.  People will flash a card and will be let in.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, traceytd said:

Where do you find this myhealth website? Our vaccine certificates were done on a photocopy of the original certificate so they look even sketchier. I do know someone who reduced and laminated hers though. For now, I'm keep the certificates with our passports and we have a pdf copy on our phones.

On 8/13/2021 at 1:52 PM, orville99 said:

Only a matter of time before this line of reasoning becomes globally adopted.

It almost already is. The faster the adoption, the fast the world travel can return to "normalcy". Many folks here quickly forgot not long ago proof of TB vaccine was required to travel internationally. And depending on region/country "MMR" was required for entry too.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, coldflame said:

It almost already is. The faster the adoption, the fast the world travel can return to "normalcy". Many folks here quickly forgot not long ago proof of TB vaccine was required to travel internationally. And depending on region/country "MMR" was required for entry too.

I always had my vaccination records in my passport for most of my career traveling between our U.S. and European HQ.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Canadianmama3 said:

They have made it clear exemptions are only for those who “can’t”.  So for example kids (for now), medical or religious reasons.  

I wonder how many are going to claim for religious reasons? We have already seen people  already arrested for fake cards.

1 hour ago, kmerlin14 said:

Where do you find this myhealth website? Our vaccine certificates were done on a photocopy of the original certificate so they look even sketchier. I do know someone who reduced and laminated hers though. For now, I'm keep the certificates with our passports and we have a pdf copy on our phones.

Check https://myhealth.gnb.ca

It’s the website  New Brunswickers go to see their Covid test results and vaccination. It gives all the info needed to board ship : name, medicare #, vaccine name, lot #, date doses were given etc….

@kmerlin14 @traceytd I see you are both in NB too.  Have either of you been tested recently?  Just wondering how quick the results are coming back here now.  Last time someone in our house got tested we got the test done the same day we signed up for it and the results were back next day.

We are in SJ and flying on Saturday 8/21 and sailing on Odyssey on Sunday 8/22.  We want to get tested Thursday so it will count for both things.  I am planning on logging in Wednesday and when they call to schedule will ask for it to be on Thursday and then hopefully will get the results Friday. 🤞

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I wonder how many are going to claim for religious reasons? We have already seen people  already arrested for fake cards.

Yes - I already mentioned this - I know people who won't blink an eye when they claim to be exempt for religious reasons that they really don't have.

Someone else pointed out that there is a difference between can't, (medical), and won't, (personal beliefs.)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

@kmerlin14 @traceytd I see you are both in NB too.  Have either of you been tested recently?  Just wondering how quick the results are coming back here now.  Last time someone in our house got tested we got the test done the same day we signed up for it and the results were back next day.

We are in SJ and flying on Saturday 8/21 and sailing on Odyssey on Sunday 8/22.  We want to get tested Thursday so it will count for both things.  I am planning on logging in Wednesday and when they call to schedule will ask for it to be on Thursday and then hopefully will get the results Friday. 🤞

Thankfully I have never had to get tested yet.

I am myself just starting to get information for my own cruise on November 20th. I have no clue where I will get my test. Hopefully, by then the protocols will have changed and I we won’t need to test pre cruise. ( but I doubt it)

Fingers crossed for all of us. 
😎😁

35 minutes ago, Coupe said:

I suggest you go to the CDC website and read. When people are talking about a vaccine passport, they stopped talking about just cruising. The CDC does talk out of both sides of their mouth. Plus, the vaccine has not yet been approved . Also, we should be approaching Herd Immunity at this time. time to put the scare and control tactics away.

In my opinion, there will never be a vaccine passport in the US. 

Perhaps not within the US, but if another country requires it, then yes it will be necessary for international travel.  No different that what we have now with some countries requiring certain vaccinations in order to enter.

22 minutes ago, traceytd said:

I have no clue where I will get my test.

As far as I know in Saint John there is only one place to get a test.  I could be wrong however and of course that might change before November.  We have a B2B2B starting 8/22 then in November we have a 4 night on Oasis then a B2B2B on Allure (assuming everything goes smoothly this time around).

• Like 2

On 8/14/2021 at 8:39 AM, mek said:

CBP has been intercepting fake vaccination cards from China at a steady rate. They are coming in packages labelled as "greeting cards". According to the CBP reports, the misspelled and missing words are a dead giveaway.😱

• Like 1

Thats ok but the unvaccinated will be STUCK taking cruises from Florida only and maybe refused access to ports that you visit.

Every vaccinated cruiser worldwide will be able to travel the world.

What is the better option to the majority? I know what I have selected.

Edited by tottenhamfc
Spelling error
  • Like 1